Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Murica

Debug Burnng into Monitor

-Just to start off, this is a big deal considering I am currently playing on a 27" IMac, so if the monitor is ruined, my computer is screwed.

I was playing on a DayZ Origins server that happened to have a debug monitor on the top right corner (I was playing for a prolonged period of time). I exited the game after I died and noticed the debug monitor was faintly burned into the screen in the location it was previously. After awhile, my dad managed to get rid of it, to the point you would have never had guessed that any damage to it. But now im in bad situation; I can't play any servers that have debug monitors without the fear of damaging my monitor, unless I can find a way to make it disappear. I've tried setting the custom control 20 to a key, but that just toggles between the server-side debugs and the built in ones, and if there is no debug, it just pops it up. Is there even a way to get rid of it, or am I doomed to play on debug-free servers only?

Edited by Sgt Murica

I believe you can disable debug menus in the options, right? I remember when the debug menu was removed by default, you could re-enable it through that, however the icons froze when you did.

Edited by Rage VG

Is it not the same on other maps?

Some servers have them permanently on, only advice i can give would be not to play them servers, if it is permanently on and docent fade, there is no way to remove it, this is on non official servers of course.

Ok, that's a small price to pay for a 2,800$ computer lol

Man why would you get a laptop anyway?

The screen is much more durable than the human body. If the monitor is having this burned in, it's time for a break.

• Like 2

The screen is much more durable than the human body. If the monitor is having this burned in, it's time for a break.

lol

I've never actually experienced screen burn-in before. I wonder what it takes to actually burn an image into a computer monitor. My parents leave their PC on basically all day and don;t ever put it to sleep, never had any burn in issues. My only guess would be is that Mac monitors are super shitty?

The last time I had a monitor burn in was back when I was playing Street Rod 2 in the good ol' DOS days. I was doing well and couldnt' save my game for some reason so I left my PC on and went away for a weekend. I came back and had a permanent newspaper ad burnt into my monitor :(

Having said that, some monitors can be quite sensitive to this.

• Like 1

The last time I had a monitor burn in was back when I was playing Street Rod 2 in the good ol' DOS days. I was doing well and couldnt' save my game for some reason so I left my PC on and went away for a weekend. I came back and had a permanent newspaper ad burnt into my monitor :(

Having said that, some monitors can be quite sensitive to this.

so you could have turned your screen off and leave the pc running i guess? ^^

The IMac is the desktop computer, not the laptop, which is the MacBook. The reason it was so pricey is because i upgraded to a NVIDIA GTX 680mx and a better processor, cant remember what the model was for that, but over all its not a bad computer :3

Edited by Sgt Murica

And if it were my call, I would be playing on a PC right now, but my parents are crazy for Apple products and bought this.

• Like 1