mintypie007

DayZChernarus Border Patrol: Increased military loot/carepackages, Tow and Lift, Military ai, Custom loot tables, Vehicle salvage, Custom vehicle

Edit 4/28 Note that Dayz Commander shows the server greyed out. Please uncheck your filter for incorrect arma version to find the server.

The server is about a month old now and have a regular playing base of 30 or so people. Overall we have had 500+ unique players. We recently switched to Taviana but switched back after input from the players. Admins are always on in some aspect and can be reached through the Rcon or available teamspeak if any issues arise. The admins are all friendly and respect other players. We only want the server to grow.

The ability for trucks and helis to lift and tow other vehicles has been added, also allowing for helis to store smaller vehicles in their cargo. This is the most recent update and will be tweaked in the coming week. Care packages are dropped on the server and have the ability to have either normal supermarket loot, tons of food, medical supplies, and most rarely high value military loot. After playing Origins and seeing the vehicle salvage ability we knew we had to have it. We have enabled the ability for players to remove parts from cars to repair other cars. New cars, trucks, and helis including the MTVR, UH1Y, etc. have also been added to the server.

The loot tables have been tweaked on the server to eliminate some items (such as watches) which tend to spam some buildings. All high power loot has been tweaked in a way that will encourage many visits to loot areas. New weapons such as the Scar class rifles, some new LMGs, and the ak107 variants just to name a few have been added to the loot tables. The military ai on the server, which tend to guard areas where high value vehicles or high loot buildings, carry high value loot which has been taken out of the loot spawns. They are not unfairly powered and can be a lot of fun. The areas they patrol are changed on a weekly basis so players must tread carefully when they reach the northern parts of the map.

Everyone on the server can attest to the fairness of the admins, their ability to solve issues that arise from DB errors to the rare hacker which slips by them, and the amount of player input that is considered regarding changes to the server. We try to keep it fun without making it easy. Join us.

Server IP: 50.97.49.67:3000

Teamspeak: chicago2.voipservers.net:10010

Edited by mintypie007
  • Like 1

Major cities along the coast have also been edited in a way which actually adds to the cities. We have seen many servers which just stack tons of barracks everything. That is not how things are done. There is a military base which will be added soon, however all additions to current cities and towns are done to make it more immersive and interesting. We want the players to play differently on this server.

• Like 1

Later today we will be adding the ability for players to remove clothing from dead bodies. So you will be able to take that ghillie suit from that sniper you killed.

Just added custom skins models. Any clans who want to join they can be given a specific skin. The custom skins will also be added as clothing packages.

We have had a ton of people join the server. We averaged 25 to 30 people on last night. Lots of small groups joining. Custom models for clans and groups are also a go. Give us a try!

Do players start with a map or not?

I imagine PVP is ok aswell?

Everything you have posted so far makes me really want to join this server regular.

Edited by milkeyuk

For some reason though... DayZ commander isn't finding your server...

No map but they are not uncommon. Strange try again. I wont be home till 330 est to check on it.

Carepackages have been tweaked. They now include a modified helicrash loot.

M107 and as50 spawn rates have been dropped. Scar type weapons are now included.

There are a few player requests to be filled and new towns and a abandoned military base have beencreated and will be added soon.

Currently I'm loving this server. So thanks guys - The only downside I've come across so far is that it's always day.. it would be nice if it turned to night just because it adds to the fun. but that might just be me

I am always up to suggestions. Soon id like to try out a short night. I am only hesitant because last time we tried it out we effectively killed the server.

We just added night time to the server, and addition to the nighttime we added working street lights and most of the houses have lights. It really changes night time play. The cities are lightly lit with some areas still dark. Loot tables were also changed to include the rare chance of the BAF NLAW launcher to appear, the silenced ak variant was added to the firehouses at a small spawn chance, and the scar variants were added to the barracks at a small spawn chance. Try us out!

We may be turning the server back to a daytime only server. Again, it seems to be killing the server. Disappointing.

Minty you forgot to include things like the Arena, and bountys with rewards! Server is a lot of fun, and can only get better if more people join.

We now have a steam group for the server to try to help people stick around, communicate with each other and the admins better.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Dayz_Chernarus_Border_Patrol

This is our OLD post on the dayzmod forum for anyone curious to see older comments.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/127897-dayz-border-patrol-1761102591-hostile-military-patrols-heli-patrol-custom-cities-vehicle-salvage-custom-vehicle-spawn-autorefuel/

Good server so far. =D How do we go about getting a Skin for a clan on the server? -zRt- Could use a skin, else I fear one of us may shoot another before they say who they are...

Cheers.

I finally fixed the Dayz Commander greyed out issue. The name has changed slightly, however you can always find us by searching for Border Patrol.

DayzChernarus - Border Patrol -(1.7.6.1/103419) [NP:OFF CH:ON] - Hostile Ai-Increased military/vehicles-Carepackages-Custom towns/buildings-vehicle salvage/auto refuel

Edited by mintypie007

Great server, really love the variety of weapons! A lot of cool addons and really worth playing.

Also my clan has a custom skin, so cool. "Enjoy the little things".

Server is back of Desert rat, sorry I never read your PM. The server had been DDOSed for 25 hours. Pretty crazy. We have been up and have added a few new towns and 2 APCs are now on the map. An additional APC was won in the arena. FFA match between 9 people in the arena lasted about 25 minutes. Good game.