Sign in to follow this  
Falstaff

Looking for server

I'm looking for server WITHOUT

- 300 vehicles , must be normal number of vehicles,

- i don't wanna 24/7h daylight etc, i want normal server like few months ago.

Another informations:

- veteran

- 3DP: ON

- CH: Off

And numbers of players must be above 25, that would be nice.

If anyone know that server, please write IP or website here.

Edited by Falstaff

Wireworld UK is close to what you want... it's nearly a vanilla server with veteran and 3rd person; the only changes are:

· AS50 and m107 removed.

· 42 vehicles (default is 35).

· Tents last 999 days after death (default is 3), so your camps are permanent.

· Night vision chance has been increased at heli-crash sites.

· Currently it's a full moon every night to encourage players to stay later in the evening. Usually it is normal cycle.

· Currently side chat is on as an experiment to help solve any accusations and misunderstandings. So far players have not spammed it.

The players' age range is late teens to beyond middle age. There are occasionally younger players on the server because the owner runs a gaming centre and some of the kids there play a bit of DayZ. They are under supervision though, and don't mess around any more than the adults do.

The amount of players varies. Before Easter it was 20-35 (the server is capped at 35). At the moment it seems to be 8-20.

We are starting a recruitment drive today, so hopefully numbers will increase again soon.

Importantly, most of the regulars want to play DayZ as it was meant to be played. Players scavenge, build camps, repair vehicles and help each other, just as much banditry and PvP. Teamspeak is strongly encouraged, so we all get to know each other a bit, and on the whole it's a pretty good crowd (of course not every one gets along, but that makes for some good drama). Compared to other servers, there has been very little hacking; if there has been any, it's been subtle enough to go undetected fort the most part.

Oh, and we're running v1.7.7 before anyone else, so you'd have to download our PBO package. Once 1.7.7 goes public, then we'll just be using the same files as everyone else.

See my signature for the link to the official Wireworld thread.

Got to Papa's Whitelisting Bonanza thread for clear instructions of how to sign up, and a fast-track whitelisting (if he's online).

Edited by Anti
  • Like 2

hmm looks nice, but what's with ping, lags etc ? are there ? and what leaving vehicles off the map ? and the last question, does crosshair is off ?

and where i can download this patch 1.7.7 ?:P

Edited by Falstaff

Name- TheBloodyBeanz

This is one of my favourite servers out there. The admins are so great and helpful.

IP-184.173.146.24 Port: 3255

hmm looks nice, but what's with ping, lags etc? and what leaving vehicles off the map? and the last question, does crosshair is off ?

and where i can download this patch 1.7.7

· Ping/Lag is generally good, and it helps that Wireworld has a 35 player maximum.

· No camps or vehicles off the map. If anything is left over the map boundary, then it gets deleted on server restart.

· Cross hair is off. Death messages off.

v1.7.7 has been ready for release for a couple of weeks. There has been some hold up at BIS or BattleEye. It could be released tomorrow, or in another two weeks. The Wireworld owner got the code early from the developers. When you join the server, even if you are not whitelisted yet and get a kick message, the other server messages in the lobby include the Teamspeak IP and password. When you join Teamspeak, there is a link to v1.7.7 in the channel description.

Alternatively, you could just wait for v1.7.7 to be released officially, update it using DayZ Commander (or manually), and then get whitelisted on Wireworld.

Hope to see you on the server!

Name- TheBloodyBeanz

200 vehicles, 24 hour daylight, starting gear, name plates, death messages.

Not very close to what Falstaff was looking for!

Edited by Anti
  • Like 1

Ok, i'll try this server and then we will see if we will play there. We have 8-9 people in our group so that would be big boost of people.

Of course i wait on another servers

Great! We currently have three or four small groups/clans, and some solo players.

I hope you enjoy the server. Don't be shy on TeamSpeak - everyone is very friendly.

It is necessary to use your teamspeak ?

Our server rules say it is necessary. But feel free to set up a private channel

Using our teamspeak is strongly encouraged, otherwise we can't get to know each other and maintain the community. Basically, the assumption is that people who know each other will treat each other with more courtesy, and if players are able to communicate with each other then there may be less misunderstandings and arguments. It also means that solo players can easily form informal groups.

I've played on private servers where, even when teamspeak was provided, no-one talked to each other. One of the things that makes Wireworld different and more fun is because it's more sociable than most other servers.

However, I see that some groups/pairs are using their own teamspeak to chat on, but they open Wireworld in another tab. This means they have the 'microphone disabled' icon in our Teamspeak, but we can still open a chat or poke them. I guess it's a good compromise.

Also, we have just turned side chat on in the last few days. If it is not spammed, and therefore stays on, then perhaps the expectation to use our teamspeak will be less. BTW, I still recommend to set your VON setting to zero - even though no-one is spamming side chat, sometimes sometimes someone's mic accidentally comes through. The VON setting does not affect the 'direct communication' channel.

To date, no-one has been banned for not being on our teamspeak, so don't let that issue prevent your clan from joining the server.

Edited by Anti

Well we have a few more cars then you would prolly like but we are all friendly and would like to get a good player base on our server, there are 10 or so of us that currenly play, my bf is up most of the day/night working on things on the server to make it a little better and to watch for hackers, he has insomnia....need i say more :) The info is in my sig, and we do have a 100 man mumble server, and our dayz server is 50 slots :) Come check it out !!!

SaraMichelle