Sign in to follow this  
Steverino223

Strange supply truck

I was wandering around far up north, almost at the border of playable land, when I happened across a large supply truck (Ural) crashed into a tree. (It might have just been parked but it was directly up against it so I assumed it was crashed) Now, what struck me as strange about it was the INSANE amount of munitions packed into this thing, it almost seemed more like a random spawn like a crashed heli rather than something that a player or group of players could scrounge together. The reason I think it was a random spawn is because from what i've heard (I dont have much experience with repairing and maintaining vehicles in DayZ and I may be wrong about this) player vehicles seem to get erased sometimes when servers are reset.

It had 7 tents, 16 stanag magazines, 23 units of shotgun shells for differing shotgun types, 2 200 round m249 ammo belts, 9 DMR mags, 6 jerry cans and a random assortment of other items. (sadly, no weapons to go with the ammunition)

Now, is this a random spawn, or did a group of players actually manage to gather all of these items while at the same time avoiding server resets?

(It had a little bit of gas left in it so I took what I needed and then drove it a few miles away from where it was then ditched it, just in case it did belong to someone) :D

Also, that list of ammo that I wrote out wasn't ALL of the ammo that was in the truck, those are just the high tier types(minus the shotgun shells)

It was probably a 'clans' vehicle and the server crashed or something.

So they quit for the night and you found their last known location?

Yea probably a groups vehicle that you found. Many folks are using the 4x4 vehicles as movable storage now.