Friendly gov't paradrop food, water, and weapons to survivors. Imagine the mad rush of survivors to the drop sight. Watch as the zombies follow the moving parachute to the ground. See the survivors trying to kill all the z's and each other to get the goodies. MMMMM good times.

Goddamn, this is a GREAT idea. Imagine the shitstorm as people and z's flock.

It's a zombie apoc, what government is still air dropping supplies to some random area? Jus saying, because obviously military has failed looking at every military operation is dead and empty on the map

It goes without saying that this would be an extremely rare occurrence with some super special military loot, targeted to one of the military installations (NW airfield)? This could also be repurposed as the Crashed Helicopter flying over and then crashing, instead of just spawning, as it would have the same effect - alerting people to that it was happening. I mean, people freak out when they see a heli anyway.

Paradrops wouldn't have to be government run.. could be anyone doing them.. could just be huge crates of food and water.. the point would be that people would see them/hear them and flock to them.

It's a zombie apoc' date=' what government is still air dropping supplies to some random area? Jus saying, because obviously military has failed looking at every military operation is dead and empty on the map

[/quote']

Its actually a really good idea if practised right.. like the other chap said.. it would be an extremely rare occurance.. understand that it is ok to have it in for game diversity purposes rather than worry about story/realistic circumstances(not to be to over the top of course) even if your Gov't is done for.. maybe they heard there was a significant pocket of survivors on chernarus so they tried to help..

there you go theres an excuse for random airdrop sonny jim :P

I like it - both the idea of the helicopter crash site being more dynamic, with a visual/auditory part of the heli flying over, possibly noises of engine trouble ending up with the crash/death of occupants and loot.

Paradrops could be a Hercules/Chinook flying over dropping packages - these would be more of the humanitarian fare, medical supplies, food, survival gear, dropped randomly on the map.

As it is we have a helicopter wreck per server with RARE exclusive weapons on them from British forces.

Having para dropped supplies is a good idea but I'd wait until beta or at least till rocket and co introduce us to a government faction or some kind of NPC group, they have stated their interest in putting in NPC missions and so I imagine this kind of thing would be introduced at that stage in development as a mission.

I made this suggestion here in conjunction with changing zombie spawns to the outside edges of the map, and migrating across the map (let's us clear towns and keep them clear).