jBrick

EU Servers vs North America Servers

I don't know if this was just a crazy run of great luck... or if there is a substantial cultural difference between EU and NA servers. Let me preface this with saying I am a bandit 99.99% of the time. I shoot people on sight, camp area's, hide in NWAF, above Elektro, and overall play this game as a competitor. I have NEVER once felt bad about how I played until I went on a French server about two days ago.

I was running into Stary Sobor with an AK looking to loot the tents. As I am running up off in the distance I see two people running literally with me. I turn toward them (they are both standard hero skin) and they turn toward me. I raise my weapon... they both salute...and I hose them with 30 rounds of awesome. Run up.... loot their bodies and make my way to the supermarket. While in said supermarket along comes a hero....whom I shoot with my now procured DMR. He dies while screaming in direct. I find it kinda funny that I've now eliminated 3 people and walk toward NWAF. There is literally a plethora of targets running around up there. No word of a lie... there was six people all running around. I went to town like a man possessed shooting as many rounds as I could and then running like a mad man out of there. Then I noticed side chat:

"Brick just killed me, I lost a char that I've had for a month and a half"

"Yeah he's one of those NA dickheads who shoots first"

"He just shot up NWAF, what a nob"

I was shocked! I feel like I was in the twilight zone... friendly players in DayZ? WHAT? Is this truth or is this just insanity?

Is this truth or is this just insanity?

No, they're just not CoD kiddies.

• Like 5

No, they're just not CoD kiddies.

"COD Kiddies" Really? I think you just won the award of pretentious preacher with a side of CoD butthurt this month.

"COD Kiddies" Really? I think you just won the award of pretentious preacher with a side of CoD butthurt this month.

Sounds like he struck a nerve!

• Like 1

There are a few servers out there, where all players are friends and shit, well, there is not that many of them. I dont think there is a difference between NA and EU players, dont even see a reason why it would be so.

Felt bad? I would have told them to kiss my ass. You did what you wanted to, how you wanted to, when you wanted to. They had the expectations of living and not being shot. I would have shot them just on that crap alone. Then I would have told them I buried their bodies and watched them cry for their mommies.

Seriously, you did nothing wrong. You played your game how you felt like you needed to. If they were butthurt because you shot them in a video game those people should go play another game that doesn't involve any kind of competition between players.

What are you doing with a month and a half long character if you're not shooting at people? Just hoarding crap tons of gear? wouldn't that get boring?

What is the point in this topic, exactly?

I think the OP is trying to ask/state that theres a social difference between the mentality players in the EU as opposed to the USA... hes implying that the USA is full of CoD kids that use the game as an FPS deathmatch or have trust issues and kill everything on site, or are the type of bellend that sits above Elektro with a DMR thinking theyre the badassest of badasses, because the USA is a country full of HURRDURR MURRICA! Gun nuts that just wanna blow everyone away. Wheras the EU has more sensible players with less spawn camping and a more friendly attitude.

As an EU player, I can safely say theres very little difference, we have our fair share of CoD kiddy spawn camping knobheads too. Ive yet to actually meet a "proper" bandit, theyre all either hackers or spawn campers.

Edited by Tiercel
  • Like 1