Dalton (DayZ)

READ: Lets get these Lighthouses up and running

If they put a generator outside to power it. A lamp as loot. Sounds like a good idea. But what's going to keep the snipers from sitting across from it waiting. The lighthouse user should have the ability to aim the light. Now we're talking.

Cool an interview with Rocket I don't think I read... more stuff....

Watching it now.... Yeah! Stand-alone...... Awesome.

Glad you liked the article. The lighthouse user being able to aim the light would be awesome.

Great idea, even if they were just stationary old-school lighthouses, modified by the military soon after the outbreak before zombies took over.

A large bowl of wood, ready to be set on fire, have a spawn point on the tower for matches and increased spawn chances in nearby towns for matches.

Or they could have been modified to be gas powered, with a gas tank attached to the lighthouse, so the tank would need to be filled with jerry cans and turned on (via a handle) and the top lit with matches. Something like 1 jerry can = 2 hours of light, with the gas tank itself able to hold 5 jerry cans worth at one time. And at any time the lighthouse can be turned off by the handle to save gas. And a guage can be on the gas tank to show how much gas is in, like:

northern-industrial-tools-air-pressure-gauge-14in-inlet-200-psi.jpg

And they would need to give off generous light, lighting the coast and hills in the distance, so it's actually possible to see at night around the coast.

And the generator ideas are great, it would be nice if being in DayZ at night was actually pleasant, and wasn't completely pitch black. Even if flood lights were added around the cities that could be powered, one flood light at each side of a city, shining light down the main roads and streets. Each flood light with its own electricity generator at the base requiring jerry cans to power. And they would run about as noisy as a car engine.

Like:

FloodLights.jpg

Mainly the big cities, Cherno, Elektro, Berezino, a single flood light overlooking Stary Sobor and the like. Air strips should have multiple flood lights to really light the place up. You get the idea.

I'm definately up for lighting up the night, I always avoid playing at night, can't see anything...

Flood lights would be another good addition, So many possibilities. Would be a nice distraction trying to get other lights working

1716 – The first lighthouse on the North American continent was built and lit in Boston, Massachusetts, on Friday, September 14th, 1716. Today, Boston Lighthouse is the only lighthouse manned by a lighthouse keeper.

Just want to make it obvious that lighthouses existed for far longer. They go back all the way to the times of the ancient Egyptians.

For example, the Lighthouse of Alexandria which was build around 260 BC. (Arguably one of the more popular lighthouses in history.)

Also Bosten Light, build in 1716, was the second lighthouse in America. The first lighthouse was build by Menendez after his landing in 1586.

Of course these more ancient lighthouses were nothing more than tall stone towers with a big fire on top.

Putting that aside, I'm all up for features that will make use of a power grid that can be reactivated by survivors.

Pre-1700s lighthouses, such as the Lighthouse of Alexandria, were basically elevated bonfires.

An there's NO reason to get hostile. Literally zero reason whatsoever.

Just want to make it obvious that lighthouses existed for far longer. They go back all the way to the times of the ancient Egyptians.

For example, the Lighthouse of Alexandria which was build around 260 BC. (Arguably one of the more popular lighthouses in history.)

Also Bosten Light, build in 1716, was the second lighthouse in America. The first lighthouse was build by Menendez after his landing in 1586.

Of course these more ancient lighthouses were nothing more than tall stone towers with a big fire on top.

Putting that aside, I'm all up for features that will make use of a power grid that can be reactivated by survivors.

This has already been brought up but thanks.

This has already been brought up but thanks.

It's never a bad time to bring up random facts about unnecessary stuff!

Use them to impress lady friends, drunk friends at parties or use them as a convenient bail out when a conversation hit the shore. (See what I did there?)