applejaxc

How do you fight players in CQC?

So your scenario is:

I've got a Glock. He has a sniper rifle. I better start shooting at him.

That is probably the single dumbest suggestion I've ever read on the DayZ forums.

Seriously.

Second only to your idea of banning all 3rd party programs because it is cheating.

• Like 1

Second only to your idea of banning all 3rd party programs because it is cheating.

So you're defending yourself with, "Banning cheating because it is cheating is a bad idea." Wow, really adult-level reply.

So you're defending yourself with, "Banning cheating because it is cheating is a bad idea." Wow, really adult-level reply.

Separate debate, but using TS is not cheating.

Separate debate, but using TS is not cheating.

It's not a part of the game; it's a 3rd party metagaming program that provides an unfair advantage to its users over legitimate players.

But you're right, that's a separate debate. :)

I don't usually get into CQC that isn't over in a few seconds, but if It turns into a long term fight I use my smoke and flares. If they are in a building I will throw the smokes into the building if they are not in a building I will throw them at a cover position. Take a few shots and move. This usually works on the first or second try as they try to bum rush me during my smoke transfer.

Defending myself? Where did I say I was defending myself?

Cheating according to you. Normalcy is relative, bro(ny).

It's not a part of the game; it's a 3rd party metagaming program that provides an unfair advantage to its users over legitimate players.

But you're right, that's a separate debate. :)

Isn't this whole exchanging of tactics over a 3rd party medium (forums) also metagaming, and therefore also cheating as it isn't part of the game?

LAWYERED

EDIT: Sorry for getting off topic.

On Topic: In order to deal with CQC I usually sit behind cover and take a few potshots while retreating. Stepping into bushes and shrubbery if I'm out in forested areas. Otherwise, if I'm inside buildings or urbanized I will dodge/weave the hell out of there. I don't usually sit around and fight the guy if I can avoid it. I'd rather peace out, and sneak in behind him again later on, and shoot him in the back.

Edited by Mr_Clean187

That is NOT at all what you suggested before

Let me know what thread i have suggested something different in and i will be happy to try and explain.

I generally just try to draw their fire and waste their ammo, then go on the offensive. Another good tactic I think works is changing out to your secondary weapon and let off some rounds from a different location if possible to give the illusion that your not alone. (I do mean a secondary main weapon of course not a side arm)..... but that is if everything was perfect but it rarely is in dayz so most of the time I end up flailing around with a dmr using the crosshairs :L

I generally just try to draw their fire and waste their ammo, then go on the offensive. Another good tactic I think works is changing out to your secondary weapon and let off some rounds from a different location if possible to give the illusion that your not alone. (I do mean a secondary main weapon of course not a side arm)..... but that is if everything was perfect but it rarely is in dayz so most of the time I end up flailing around with a dmr using the crosshairs :L

1: I remember trying that once. I felt like a 1337 ninja... then got caught point-blank with a L1196A1, the slowest firearm in DayZ. My first shot missed, and I didn't get a second one.

2: I tried it once with a G17 to be my "backup." I got caught point-black while reloading.

I like throwing as many smoke grenades/flares as I can. If I'm going to die, it might as well be pretty.

Isn't this whole exchanging of tactics over a 3rd party medium (forums) also metagaming, and therefore also cheating as it isn't part of the game?

LAWYERED

EDIT: Sorry for getting off topic.

On Topic: In order to deal with CQC I usually sit behind cover and take a few potshots while retreating. Stepping into bushes and shrubbery if I'm out in forested areas. Otherwise, if I'm inside buildings or urbanized I will dodge/weave the hell out of there. I don't usually sit around and fight the guy if I can avoid it. I'd rather peace out, and sneak in behind him again later on, and shoot him in the back.

Oh my god... that's probably the second greatest defence I've ever read for TS3/et al. The only reply I can think of is the fact that the DayZ team advocates this site. In fact, the main DayZ page has a link to here... but that was still really good. :)

--

Someone recently pointed out on a few of my videos that I tend to shoot at the floor/people's legs a lot when I'm panicked/in CQC. At first I thought about how I could improve my aim to be stomach/chest, then I realized, "I might as well leave them with broken legs when I'm dead."

1: I remember trying that once. I felt like a 1337 ninja... then got caught point-blank with a L1196A1, the slowest firearm in DayZ. My first shot missed, and I didn't get a second one.

2: I tried it once with a G17 to be my "backup." I got caught point-black while reloading.

I like throwing as many smoke grenades/flares as I can. If I'm going to die, it might as well be pretty.

I wouldn't so much try to go out pretty but if I feel like I'm going to loose the battle I either charge the player with my biggest gun or a grenade , because if I'm going down i sure hope he's coming after me

I wouldn't so much try to go out pretty but if I feel like I'm going to loose the battle I either charge the player with my biggest gun or a grenade , because if I'm going down i sure hope he's coming after me

I once set a satchel charge after running out of ammo and being caught in the NWAF in the open. The guy told me to stay still and drop my gun. So I got down to "Drop it," and instead set a 30 second timer. He shot me, so I landed on the bomb. He took 30 seconds searching my inventory... BOOM!

I once set a satchel charge after running out of ammo and being caught in the NWAF in the open. The guy told me to stay still and drop my gun. So I got down to "Drop it," and instead set a 30 second timer. He shot me, so I landed on the bomb. He took 30 seconds searching my inventory... BOOM!

Now that good sir is a nice way to go down :)

Now that good sir is a nice way to go down :)

I was pissed because when I respawned, I spent an hour running around the NWAF looking for my body. Turns out the explosion had throw it into/onto a tree. I could only access my inventory by climbing onto a nearby toolshed. I got too close to the edge, fell off, and snapped my legs, which took me back out of the inventory screen before I could get anything. :(

I was pissed because when I respawned, I spent an hour running around the NWAF looking for my body. Turns out the explosion had throw it into/onto a tree. I could only access my inventory by climbing onto a nearby toolshed. I got too close to the edge, fell off, and snapped my legs, which took me back out of the inventory screen before I could get anything. :(

I always find going back for my gear gives me bad luck or infact getting any gear to quickly I always die quicker :/ idk I just feel when I work for my gear I survive longer ..... Could be just me imagination. But anyways off topic a little

I always find going back for my gear gives me bad luck or infact getting any gear to quickly I always die quicker :/ idk I just feel when I work for my gear I survive longer ..... Could be just me imagination. But anyways off topic a little

It's the same here... although I use the high-and-mighty excuse of, "I'm good enough I don't need to loot myself" XD

Almost the exact same as you. Since most people play fps on consoles their aim sucks. Run around them in circles while yelling obscenities or funny quirks until they have to reload and then shoot them.

It's the same here... although I use the high-and-mighty excuse of, "I'm good enough I don't need to loot myself" XD

That there is another thing that get's me killed .... cockyness :L I remember going into cherno with my l85holo thinking I'm going to beast some Bandito's and ended up getting one shotted by a makarov :( not one of my best dayz moments

That there is another thing that get's me killed .... cockyness :L I remember going into cherno with my l85holo thinking I'm going to beast some Bandito's and ended up getting one shotted by a makarov :( not one of my best dayz moments

I remember going into Cherno with a L85 thinking I'd help some nice players out. After 10 minutes of paranoia, I holed up on a construction tower, itchy to kill after several gunshots that I didn't know who they were meant for.

After a miss-click, every zombie in town charges the tower.

A dead body threw me off the tower.

I remember going into Cherno with a L85 thinking I'd help some nice players out. After 10 minutes of paranoia, I holed up on a construction tower, itchy to kill after several gunshots that I didn't know who they were meant for.

After a miss-click, every zombie in town charges the tower.

A dead body threw me off the tower.

ahhh so you know what I mean then :) haha it happen's the best of us

ahhh so you know what I mean then :) haha it happen's the best of us

That's comforting. And depressing. XD