Sign in to follow this  
Wemlizz

How common are heli crash sites?

So, half an hour ago I spawned approx. 600m form Berezino. Whilst making my way further to loot the supermarket I noticed a heli crash site. I made my to it, looted it, and then noticed another crash site literally 300m away. When I checked that one I noticed even more crash sites. In the end there were 7 crash sites, all around 300m away from each other.

Are they supposed to that common or I just got extremely lucky?

DE 843

See for yourself.

Edited by Wemlizz

You got extremely lucky if it was private hive, but if it was official hive those were spawned by a hacker, in official hive only 2 spawn on each reset

EDIT: And by extremely lucky I mean EXTREMELY LUCKY

Edited by IncognitoNico

I believe the number of crash sites depends on the server. I quite often see them all bunched up in one general area.

• Like 1

You got extremely lucky if it was private hive, but if it was official hive those were spawned by a hacker, in official hive only 2 spawn on each reset

EDIT: And by extremely lucky I mean EXTREMELY LUCKY

It was an official server.

I have not seen a crash site in weeks. Ever since they were changed by a patch.

• Like 1

Heli-crash sites no longer all spawn on a server restart, they keep spawning throughout the day and then reset when the server restarts again.

So some servers don't restart the server for a few days to let heli-crash sites build up for more loot.

Edited by Lt.Ehsan

I think this is one of those public servers, where the crash sites are bugged. After they spawn, they dont despawn after the restart even though the new ones spawn too, so after some days the server is literally filled up with tons of crash sites, on every crash site spawn that is made for them. One day when i was in stary sobor and joined a server that had this issue, there were like 15 crash sites all over the town, a lot of not-despawned corpses of players and something like 20 backpacks in supermarket, sadly the crash sites were almost totally looted, so it was there for a quite a while I guess.

However, its better to just leave these bugged servers as soon as possible

The norm for crash sites seems to vary server to server. I've played on some servers where I'll go weeks without seeing them, and other servers where I see several in an hour. Dumb luck and the gods of random make it hard to predict their appearance with any regularity. In my experience, if you have NVGs it's easier to find them at night since the smoke plume stands out so well, even over hills and forests.

If you see more than 2 or 3 crash sites in a 500m area though, I'd be wary of looting them.

I have not seen a crash site in weeks. Ever since they were changed by a patch.

Ahh an atreides! Have my beans.

On public servers it would most likely depend on the restart policy and whether they have bugs in their setup. The most I have normally seen is for two crash sites to spawn a few hundred metres apart.

There are too many public servers on a four hour restart cycle, which may be efficient for the server hardware, but allows bugger all to build up.

[rant] Frequent unannounced restarts also make servers haemorrhage casual players, who don't understand what's going on when dumped on their arse with the "session lost" message.

Server admins ... add a fecking five minute timer message to warn of impending restarts! [/rant]

Server dependent from my experience in terms of frequency and locations. One day I was near Mogilevka and I saw 3 of them in quick succession (private server).

_Anubis_