Sign in to follow this  
Kashus

Servers crashing every 10 mins right now?

Anyone else experiencing this?

I searched the forums and saw no threads....began to wonder if I am just getting unlucky.

Seriously, every server I join is crashing about every 5 mins...

newest patch is broken there is a thread on it which will help you revert to previous patch.

Thats it for me tonight. Onwards and upwards tomorrow.

Apparently the coding for melee weapons is so poor that people just using and dropping them crashes the whole server.

Quite a landmark of how this mod seems to be going.

Apparently the coding for melee weapons is so poor that people just using and dropping them crashes the whole server.

-.-

it's alpha. melee weaps were just introduced. Although, this is exactly why you dont implement new content in a hotfix xD once the devs wake up it is a simple job to remove the references to melee weapons in the game code and release that so theres a working version of 1.7.1 Then they can sort out the bugs in melee weaps and rerelease them

-.-

it's alpha. melee weaps were just introduced.

No matter how much you tell people that this isn't even a game yet, it's an alpha and people playing it are devoting their time to TEST said alpha.

They still talk like entitled fuckwads.

Same prob here. I haven't played longer than 5 mins today w/o a server crash :/

-.-

it's alpha. melee weaps were just introduced.

No matter how much you tell people that this isn't even a game yet' date=' it's an alpha and people playing it are devoting their time to TEST said alpha.

They still talk like entitled fuckwads.

[/quote']

And no matter what people seem to think that anyone that doesn't get wet about it is a hater.

Not at all.

I fully understand its an alpha, but if you haven't noticed the downhill trend since the mods popularity exploded your either crazy or a blinkered fanboy.

Just because its alpha it doesn't mean that you should roll out such changes in one go. Just because its alpha it doesn't mean you should patch in a BRAND NEW melee mechanic without ANY testing. It crashes whole servers, its not a case of tweaking, its a case of bad code.

The devs are trying to patch in to much at once to keep up with all the demanding entitled kids on here. Simply put, the community is effecting the development in a way that is starting to look detrimental.

Stop coding in stupid broken shit to please the QQ'ers, and fix the fundamentals.

I fully understand its an alpha' date=' but if you haven't noticed the downhill trend since the mods popularity exploded your either crazy or a blinkered fanboy.

Just because its alpha it doesn't mean that you should roll out such changes in one go. Just because its alpha it doesn't mean you should patch in a BRAND NEW melee mechanic without ANY testing. It crashes whole servers, its not a case of tweaking, its a case of bad code.

[/quote']

Actually, I believe Rocket confirmed 6 hours of testing in another thread. I'm pretty sure that won't be considered 'enough', though. Here's the post, if anyone's interested: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15454&pid=141350#pid141350

Sure, the servers are crashing frequently tonight, and it interrupts game play and gets frustrating after a while. It's also to be expected, for anyone being rational. I've played live, full version games that even after several years and multiple patches, still experienced near week-long bouts of random crashes, restarts and emergency server shutdowns. It happens. The fact that this is an alpha is extremely relevant, and definitely means people need to be a hell of a lot more patient than what they're being currently.

Also, really? A downhill trend since the mods became popular? That would be smart, right? "Hey, let's wait until we become popular and have generated a lot of interest in our product - and future products - and just start doing half-assed development!" ... I don't think so, somehow.