Sign in to follow this  
Lydig

Sudden FPS drop after roughly 10 minutes

Hi.

I'm going to explain this as detailed as I can.

Yesterday I played on this server completely fine, no issues in any way. But today after playing fine for half an hour maybe, my fps starts dropping to 5 fps, whereafter the game just freezes everytime I press a button that makes my character/vehicle move or interract. It freezes for about 30 seconds whereafter it runs fine until I press a button again and it freezes. I've tried restarting/reconnecting but I get the same every time after I've played about 10 minutes or less.

I don't understand this in any way, and as far as I understand it has nothing to do with connection.

Thank you.

Are you monitoring your computer temperatures? The cpu/gpu could be overheating

This is the most probable cause.

What are your specs? Are you playing on a laptop? And have you checked your temps after the FPS drop occurs?

I have the same problem, and have yet to come across a fix.

Does the sudden FPS decrease happen when you enter towns or other places where zombies spawn? I've come to the conclusion that my random lag spikes were caused by zombies spawning in, this may be your case too.

i had a similar problem, and found that my laptop was reaching uncanny temperatures while playing dayZ. i bought a cooling mat and it has been absolutely fine since :D

Having this same problem on the server i play on, along with pretty much every other player on said server, admin says its got something to do with something he added, either the number of AI or the number of vehicles, most annoying and has made it impossible for me to fly anymore :(

I have the same problem, and have yet to come across a fix.

Does the sudden FPS decrease happen when you enter towns or other places where zombies spawn? I've come to the conclusion that my random lag spikes were caused by zombies spawning in, this may be your case too.

That's your CPU struggling to cope with calculating all the zombie AI, not a random lag spike, lol.

Well it gets unbearably laggy (5-ish fps) from time to time during zombie spawns.

I do know it's caused by the CPU having trouble.

Having this same problem on the server i play on, along with pretty much every other player on said server, admin says its got something to do with something he added, either the number of AI or the number of vehicles, most annoying and has made it impossible for me to fly anymore :(

I've come to the conclusion that the problem is this.

I've come to the conclusion that the problem is this.

I don't know exactly what he did but our admin fixed it, didnt get chance to pry the information from him on what it was and how he resolved it, but before he did he was sure it was to do with some admin tool(s) he had added.