Hze

I dont see much 'Survival' going on..

I dunno if its just the servers i join, (fairly new player got the game on saturday) but it seems like most people are just sticking by the shores and just killing eachother? i know killing is part of survival, but you dont need to kill everyone you come across, i think iv met 2 friendlys since i started playing and they were also new. on sunday i also made my way up north towards the airfield, saw 2 tents... would have expected to see more and also didnt see many players on my way there.

would love to play it as a survival game and have a good experience but i just cant:/

Yesterday was a perfect day to play if you wanted hardcore survival :)

wow what a cool story. You forgot the part where none of us care if you don't like this specific game, no one's stopping you from finding a different game if you don't like this one.

Yesterday was a perfect day to play if you wanted hardcore survival :)

whys that? & what server?

wow what a cool story. You forgot the part where none of us care if you don't like this specific game' date=' no one's stopping you from finding a different game if you don't like this one.

[/quote']

since when did i say i dont like this game? if you wanna be a troll go live in a cave, let me guess, you one of the kids killing unarmed people pointlessly right?

Well... to be honest it varies... also with only average of 50 max players a server on a map this big the more you go away from spawns/cities last chance you have of seeing anyone.

I mix up my playing, Ill spent a life "surviving" and head north and live off the land and roam and explore and investigate bandit killings etc.. but mainly keep to myself and just explore, hunt and set up camps. Then I eventually get bored or decide to suicide by going to AF or Stary and then when I respawn I spend a week or so along the coast participating in the bean wars...

Also your coming in on the game when its been going through some drastic changes... alotta different patches and new player base so things are kinda odd right now.

Give it time :)

wow what a cool story. You forgot the part where none of us care if you don't like this specific game' date=' no one's stopping you from finding a different game if you don't like this one.

[/quote']

Incredible.

"No, your complaints are not legitimate no matter how much we crow about this game being about realistic survival and that we need to end camping bandits. You just hate this game and need to leave."

The cognitive dissonance and arrogance required to post such vitriolic garbage astounds me.

As for the OP, I don't like this one bit. We ARE trying to stop bandits from sniping everyone when they spawn, right? The way I see it, there are only a few solutions:

1. Bring the starting weapons back.

It won't stop bandits, but it will give them pause. A little bit of risk is off-putting, considering the potential rewards.

2. Fix spawning

If there are more spawn points, there isn't one specific area where people can camp.

I personally favor both.

why do you care what other people you don't even know are doing?

I am usually scavenging in the north and midlands and I see plenty of survivors doing the same, I even let some of them live, I just enjoy seeing what they're up to.

[/quote']

Incredible.

"No, your complaints are not legitimate no matter how much we crow about this game being about realistic survival and that we need to end camping bandits. You just hate this game and need to leave."

The cognitive dissonance and arrogance required to post such vitriolic garbage astounds me.

As for the OP, I don't like this one bit. We ARE trying to stop bandits from sniping everyone when they spawn, right? The way I see it, there are only a few solutions:

It won't stop bandits, but it will give them pause. A little bit of risk is off-putting, considering the potential rewards.

2. Fix spawning

If there are more spawn points, there isn't one specific area where people can camp.

I personally favor both.

I dont mind spawning without a weapon, its kinda fun, but when you agro zeds its not... & yeah id prefer more spawn sites, kinda getting annoying and abit bored and having to run to the same place everytime i die.

It won't stop bandits' date=' but it will give them pause. A little bit of risk is off-putting, considering the potential rewards.

2. Fix spawning

I personally favor both.

[/quote']

1. how would spawning with a makarov save anyone who spawns near a sniper on a hill. things havent changed.

2. spawn anywhere on the map... that idea really interests me. When I first started playing i was utterly lost. Took me ages to find where i was and where my mate was. Was like a mini game before the rest of the game began.

Imagine spawning inland! WTF am I??? Would perhaps take a lot of pressure of spawners and cut back on the arseholes who dont want to play the game and just want to kill defenseless survivors for no reason.

It won't stop bandits' date=' but it will give them pause. A little bit of risk is off-putting, considering the potential rewards.

2. Fix spawning

I personally favor both.

[/quote']

1. how would spawning with a makarov save anyone who spawns near a sniper on a hill. things havent changed.

2. spawn anywhere on the map... that idea really interests me. When I first started playing i was utterly lost. Took me ages to find where i was and where my mate was. Was like a mini game before the rest of the game began.

Imagine spawning inland! WTF am I??? Would perhaps take a lot of pressure of spawners and cut back on the arseholes who dont want to play the game and just want to kill defenseless survivors for no reason.

im 1 for this, but restrict the military places, spawning near good gear isnt good for anyone xD

[/quote']

Incredible.

2. Fix spawning

I personally favor both.

Bringing starting weapons back will just make me kill fresh spawns for their makarovs and beans again. This current patch has been the only patch where I've left easy kills alone because they're no longer free mak ammo. Before you ask OMG WHY YOU KILL NOOB FOR MAK AMMO SO WORTHLESS... Mak ammo is quiet, plentiful, and 1 hit to the head of a zed from any gun means it's the perfect zombie killing weapon.

Also, there's a huge amount of spawns. What are you on about

[

Bringing starting weapons back will just make me kill fresh spawns for their makarovs and beans again. This current patch has been the only patch where I've left easy kills alone because they're no longer free mak ammo. Before you ask OMG WHY YOU KILL NOOB FOR MAK AMMO SO WORTHLESS... Mak ammo is quiet, plentiful, and 1 hit to the head of a zed from any gun means it's the perfect zombie killing weapon.

Also, there's a huge amount of spawns. What are you on about

i dont want to spawn with a weapon, maybe melee weapon now there implemented & about the spawns, maybe theres alot of them, but there all in the same area and people know the new spawns want to hit the city for supplies.

Ive been playing this game way to much of late.. mostly because ive finsihed studying sOo WOoO hOoo and why the fuck not !

Anwayz, just before i got dayz i remember thinkn "shit damn!" the map of chernarus is so giagantic (225sq km) for 50 player servers, it will be next to impossible to see other players more than once in 48hr period if you are inland if/or maybe they will just stick to the coast..

However for me personally and my crew this has not been the case. I have found other survivors in the most remote and unusual places. Sometimes by them selves sometimes a group. I have learnt that you can never be to carefull no matter where you are in the game..constantly with your wits about you, even if the server is half full !

Either way tho im all for more spawn points along/around the coast and perhaps few more in land would be nice.. :D

love it all (cept teh bugs)

2. Fix spawning

I personally favor both.

[/quote']

It won't. But in my experience, people don't usually snipe new players now, because it's just so easy to go up and get them because they can't fight back. I know other players have issues with this...

There needs to be a more permanent solution to the bandit and weapons issue. The bandit one for obvious reasons. And the weapons one for reasons multiple people have listed.

I favor bringing back the starting weapon for one reason only: choice. I've seen a lot of people bitching that they can't defend themselves or find a weapon. I still haven't found one in the six hours of time I've spend today looking. But there are others who LIKE having to go out and really look hard to find even the worst weapon.

I'd usually say to increase the weapon spawn rate a bunch to placate the first group, but it makes things too easy for the second. From where I'm standing, it DOES need to be increased, but only a little. The solution should come from people being able to choose whether or not they want to spawn with a gun.

Bandits wouldn't be drawn to new players, I presume. Because of the generally snobbish attitude of what seems like the majority of players about making things realistic at the cost of gameplay, I'd imagine they'd take the no spawn automatically.

EDIT:

A previous poster made an interesting point about the direction that new players tend to go, some might say HAVE to go, to get supplies. Do you think that this would be solved by making people spawn at different points around the map so that there are multiple places to get supplies that may or may not be occupied by players instead of one big battleground? Are there not enough supplies in most of these towns to make that work, only causing people to have to wander farther to a "main" city to get their supplies?

It's an interesting point, I thought.