Sign in to follow this  
MrNMD

Upgradeable objects

I think it would be cool if you could upgrade things such as cars, for example you have a car and you have some scrap metel you need to put into good use. You put it on the car almost as if you were repairing it. This will make the vehicle armored and will make it slower and less gas mileage but will take more hits to take down. Or you have a house you found in the wilderness, you have some logs and you build additions fences or board up windows.

Things that can be upgraded,

Cars/transit: Fuel tank, Armor, ext...

Houses: board up, add things, add storage...

Weapons: add different sights, barrels...

Just an idea I think it would be cool if a server had a community project. Such as building a train for better transit, Making a survival HQ. for all the raiders and bandits can make a warehouse or something. Of course these things will have there limits but I think it will make the game have more of a story. Like that train you build is going down the line with cargo to help settlements of people and raiders com along raid the train and take the cargo. They destroy the train making you build a new one ( it takes a lot to build thus making it a community project)

Ouf, I'm not a fan of the weapon customization to be honest... at least, I'm not a fan of what I think it would turn out to be like. I already don't like being able to switch optics instantly in ArmA 3... customization also usually needs tacticool and those types of weapons aren't what I wanna see... also why would anyone spend the time and effort to change a barrel in a combat situation???

I agree with Gews, but in the event it is added it has got to be ultra simplistic (not many choices either) and doesn't shift focus on just plain old survival. I don't want to play another Call of Duty.

also why would anyone spend the time and effort to change a barrel in a combat situation???

The SAW and most LMGs require you to change the barrel mid fight due to an overheated barrel (sulfur rounds especially make barrel swaps necessary) that's what the little handle is for :D

A barrel change on a rifle is also useful before and after combat for example if you were planed on engaging targets at a longer range a longer barrel would be what you'd want, but say after words you had to make your way trough a city, that's when you'd make a quick barrel swap to a shorter barrel.

• Like 1

Yes I was thinking along the side of thorsblood, but what of the other things? Also cg when you said you did not want it to be another cod game i did not mean it in that way, you find parts or scrap a gun and use there parts so the whole survival puzzley aspect is there if you would like it to be you can play without it, I just think it would be cool to have options.

Edited by MrNMD

i dont think above ground bases or "headquarters" will be added. this is because the objects would affect the server if there are lost of bases being made. after 2 months the amount of objects that need to be loaded would be massive and would cause fps drops and longer loading times. this is the reason they want bases to be underground as separate world, like in skyrim when you enter a dungeon. if they could get around this issue then i would love to see this added.

The SAW and most LMGs require you to change the barrel mid fight due to an overheated barrel (sulfur rounds especially make barrel swaps necessary) that's what the little handle is for :D

A barrel change on a rifle is also useful before and after combat for example if you were planed on engaging targets at a longer range a longer barrel would be what you'd want, but say after words you had to make your way trough a city, that's when you'd make a quick barrel swap to a shorter barrel.

Yes, I'm aware of machine guns requiring barrel changes :lol: but the notion already-overloaded infantry are going to carry spare barrels just in case they'd prefer a slightly shorter one for close-quarters is ridiculous...

I really don't want to see ridiculous "upgrades" like in Battlefield where you can stick a "heavy barrel" on a sniper rifle which should already have a heavy barrel...

Okay well I under stand everyone on theses topics but how about the cars and community projects. Also jimmy what I meant about the bases was they would take building already in the game and fortify them.

Edited by MrNMD

i dont think above ground bases or "headquarters" will be added. this is because the objects would affect the server if there are lost of bases being made. after 2 months the amount of objects that need to be loaded would be massive and would cause fps drops and longer loading times.

Rocket said at PAX that if this is implemented, it'll be limited to boarding up windows and stuff like that. No construction outside of set structures, but the ability to fortify a farmhouse or such to keep zed out.

I can see the car 'upgrading' happening though. They want to add it in but that wouldn't be til almost the end of alpha. but even with 'customization' of vehicles, idk if buses built into tanks will happen. Probably just more Mad Max style cars.

What do you think of the community stuff

Tic I could not read that