Sign in to follow this  
sixty_40

Combining/Splitting Ammo exploitable for unlimited ammo.

I honestly don't WANT To post this because I don't want it going public, but it needs to be fixed.

Date/Time: 06/18/2012 @ 02:00hrs

What happened: With the new ammo mechanics you threw into the game you are able to exploit unlimited ammo for a specific gun by shooting all but one round from a magazine then splitting/changing it to the different type, and then back again. You can do this with both the .45 rounds, and m1014 shotgun rounds.

Example: Shoot 6 of 7 .1911 rounds, change it to revolver and back, the magazine will now have 7/7 1911 rounds.

Shotgun: Shoot 7 of 8 rounds from the m1014 then split it into 4 stacks of 2 then recombine them and you now have 1 full stack of 8 shotgun ammo.

Where you were: Chernarus

What you were doing: Testing to see if it was possible because switching from revolver to 1911 gave you 1 free extra bullet, made me wonder if you could keep swapping them to never run out of ammo. Turns out that's exactly what happens.

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.2

• Like 2

NECRO'D! This is still happening in 1.7.2.4, just found it last night when wondering about the same thing.

It also works with DMR <---> m24 ammo

Any ammo that can be changed.

Edited by RiKShaw

thanks for narcing douchebag

Hey, thanks for coming out! It's people like you that let the community know that the same assholes ruining the game are here on the forums as well! I'm curious though, doesn't it make you feel bad that you can't play the game by the rules? Like, idk, inadequate? I don't get that feeling, but that's probably because I don't suck so much at DayZ that I have to dupe.

• Like 1

Not like it's going to be fixed anyways.... a lot of the bugs claimed to be "Fixed" in the changelog aren't even fixed,

The devs don't even bother to test anything, it's more fun to add stuff then fix stuff so they just put "Fixed" on stuff that they are too lazy to fix.

On a similar note, I noticed earlier today that if you log off with less than a full mag in your gun, and you log back in it will be full.

I looted an AK from Balota Airfield, and used the mag to kill the zombies at the 4x Deer Stands/Medical tents down the road, and had 3 rounds left (only had one mag).

I got a text from my buddy, so I logged off and jumped to the server he was playing on - had 30 rounds again.

Not like it's going to be fixed anyways.... a lot of the bugs claimed to be "Fixed" in the changelog aren't even fixed,

The devs don't even bother to test anything, it's more fun to add stuff then fix stuff so they just put "Fixed" on stuff that they are too lazy to fix.

Are you sure about that? stop being such a defeatist thinking that the dev team, and rocket have abandoned fixing stuff.

I was overjoyed to find the new patches have fixed all the graphic glitches on the dead soldier zombies (ones laid on the floor at military areas)

Yes, the Dev team DOES test things but they cant think along the same lines as hundreds of thousands, if not, over a million players to think of and come up with ways to exploit things and make things go wrong.

PLEASE remember, DayZ is STILL in Alpha Testing.

So until you know what is actually going on, and how things work, please don't make such ludicrous claims. Your argument is invalid!

I wish this wasn't fixed in 1.7.2.6 because once you reach the point where you have the best gear you could ever want, then you avoid pvp to make sure you keep it.

Then all there is to do is kill zombies, for that you need the infinite ammo bug or else you have to make endless trips to the NWAF to pick up mags.

This is why I won't install 1.7.2.6 until there are absolutely no servers left with 1.7.2.5.

Hey, thanks for coming out! It's people like you that let the community know that the same assholes ruining the game are here on the forums as well! I'm curious though, doesn't it make you feel bad that you can't play the game by the rules? Like, idk, inadequate? I don't get that feeling, but that's probably because I don't suck so much at DayZ that I have to dupe.

I think it was a joke....but if it was, he should have used a jk! :P

I wish this wasn't fixed in 1.7.2.6 because once you reach the point where you have the best gear you could ever want, then you avoid pvp to make sure you keep it.

Then all there is to do is kill zombies, for that you need the infinite ammo bug or else you have to make endless trips to the NWAF to pick up mags.

This is why I won't install 1.7.2.6 until there are absolutely no servers left with 1.7.2.5.

That's the point of the game. Survival. There's a reason ammo for high level gear for weapons is rare. Why you want to come on here and declare that you're a dirty cheater is beyond me.

lolwutisthisidonteven?