Sign in to follow this  
Radioactive (DayZ)

I just dont know..... :/

what should i do?

ive seen so many videos of this game on youtube. i dont have a computer right now that could handle a game like arma 2 / dayz,

i would like to ask you guys and see if i should wait for the standalone to come out for console? i also dont know anything hardly about computers, so if not, what computer should i buy?

Get Arma II Free, if it works fine the chances are so will DayZ. As to waiting for the SA, Arma II is an amazing game with great mods other than DayZ. I would recommend Arma II: CO.

Edit: Also the console version will probably be inferior to the PC, /\ this is if you already have a PC that might work.

Edited by MacabreLlama99
  • Like 1

I think it's going to be a while until standalone comes out for console, build a pc, everyone here could help you with what to do.

Edited by Man vs Wild
  • Like 1

I'm not even sure if the standalone is going to come out for console. Does anybody know if the developers said something about that?

Edited by Bullseye471

Ok then. i dont know arecommend building yourhing. like its a miracle that im typeing this. what do you guys think i need?

Before anyone suggests a computer we need to know your budget. With that said I highly recommend building your own computer. You'll get much more performance per dollar. Building your own isn't as hard as it sounds.

• Like 1

What would be the bottom dollar for a computer that would actually run dayz good?

Like high settings 30-60 fps good?

Assuming your budget around 500€ I'd recommend this setup.

This gives you a computer good enough for DayZ and near future games:

Motherboard: ASRock B75M-DG

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3350P (Quad core, 4x 3100 MHz)

CPU Cooler: Scythe Katana 4

Graphic Card: ASUS GT640-2GD3 (2 Gigabyte)

Memory: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3-1066 Kit

Harddisk: Western Digital WD3200BEKT (320GB)

Optical drive: Samsung SH-118AB/BEBE

Powersupply: Sharkoon WPM500

Casing: Aerocool Qs-200 Lite

Pricing in Holland (The Netherlands) for this is: 529 euro. around 640 $ according to the current rate of exchange

If this is above budget then change your motherboard + CPU

Good luck mate!

Edited by Azziax

Assuming your budget around 500€ I'd recommend this setup.

This gives you a computer good enough for DayZ and near future games:

Motherboard: ASRock B75M-DG

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3350P (Quad core, 4x 3100 MHz)

CPU Cooler: Scythe Katana 4

Graphic Card: ASUS GT640-2GD3 (2 Gigabyte)

Memory: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3-1066 Kit

Harddisk: Western Digital WD3200BEKT (320GB)

Optical drive: Samsung SH-118AB/BEBE

Powersupply: Sharkoon WPM500

Casing: Aerocool Qs-200 Lite

Pricing in Holland (The Netherlands) for this is: 529 euro. around 640 $ according to the current rate of exchange

If this is above budget then change your motherboard + CPU

Good luck mate!

You don't need an aftermarket cpu heatsink for this build as the i5 and motherboard in this build doesn't allow for OCing.

You don't need an aftermarket cpu heatsink for this build as the i5 and motherboard in this build doesn't allow for OCing.

Good point! Then he can ditch that one :-)

I can run DayZ on my really crappy laptop :P Which only has 2gigs of ram.

I can run DayZ on my really crappy laptop :P Which only has 2gigs of ram.

Yeah, it really comes down to personal pref and resolution in most games. I run Arma 2 on all normal settings with normal FX setting and have the view distance at 3000. IMO ideal settings for the average pc when it comes to Arma 2 is low/normal settings in 720P with a far view distance.

what should i do?

ive seen so many videos of this game on youtube. i dont have a computer right now that could handle a game like arma 2 / dayz,

i would like to ask you guys and see if i should wait for the standalone to come out for console? i also dont know anything hardly about computers, so if not, what computer should i buy?

There's a demo of arma 2, so test that out, and if you can run it, most likely scenario is you can also run DayZ. Anyways, what are your rig's speccs?

If you get the Hero skin, can you still put on the ghillie suite or soldier suite and keep the Hero perks??

Honestly, i will prolly spend about $400-600 American. i dont understand hardly any computer talk, so shanks anyway. :P

The rig i suggested without the cooler should get into your price range and is very good. Just take the list and find out what it would cost you at your local computer store.

I built my first PC about 10 days ago and it was the best decision I have made in terms of gaming. PC gaming is a different kettle of fish because of the graphics/mods that are possible. I would highly recommend even selling your console to get your budget as high as possible. I can safely say I will never look back...

No one knows for sure if the standalone will come out for console. This mod has a lot of hackers and bugs, glitches and is not stable and optimized at the moment. I would say maybe wait for the standalone and get a medium rig.