campaign_junkie

Crooked Admins!?!? Say it aint so...

Hey mate,

you are more than welcome to join our server any time you like. We have 6-7 active clans on all the time that would be happy to start absorbing new players. Plus we are on all the time even if not in game i am admining. We keep on top of the server and on top of hackers. We like to make new people welcome and so feel free to come check us out and have a chat. If you are interested too i have created custom programs that allow us to run events and scenarios every week. My code only affects players wanting to take part so anyone else can still play the game completely unaffected. LOADS OF STUFF AND PEOPLE MATE. PUBLIC MUMBLE. ETC ETC. check the forum post out and check us out come online for a chat. On most nights after work.

I as the admin genuinely dont care how you play so long as your not hacking. we dont particulary like people shooting unarmed players but we dont need to stop it as the clans get involved with bambi killers and hunt them :) so i like that our server is self regulating

Click on the text in my signature to be taken to our forum page also the server banner is in there too.

Feel free to PM

Hope to see you soon

These servers sound great, my group and I will look forward to checking each of them out to see if it fits with our youtube format... We have accepted the fact that eventually we will be found and robbed, but an Admin that harrasses their players is just committing server suicide...

• Like 1

I love the servers where the admins brag about there bases and threaten you with bans if you take anything from it with a splash screen when you log in. The warning translated to: Caution our admins are tools with power trips

At least I knew I was disconnecting and wasting no more time there after reading it.

These servers sound great, my group and I will look forward to checking each of them out to see if it fits with our youtube format... We have accepted the fact that eventually we will be found and robbed, but an Admin that harrasses their players is just committing server suicide...

agreed mate thats why i set up this server cus we were fed up of power hungry hormonal admins that went mental... That's not to say that all young admins are like this before i accdientally cause a rage war lol..

Just wanted to have the control LOCKED OUT. and let people like us play the game properly and have fun without fear of making friends getting gear and then looting the wrong car and being banned... Its all OTT .. its part of the game for players to find things. lol as such we promote a healthy hunt and steal atmosphere lol.. and as i say the server pretty much self regulates itself i just deal with hacks and database issues as well as the server alterations that create a more stable and balanced map

I love the servers where the admins brag about there bases and threaten you with bans if you take anything from it with a splash screen when you log in. The warning translated to: Caution our admins are tools with power trips

At least I knew I was disconnecting and wasting no more time there after reading it.

I have to agree. "Admin Base" is a bunch of garbage. If I joined a server with those rules, I would beeline it directly to the admins base.

• Like 1

nfPTlIu.jpg

Thank you for posting that, I wasnt sure how to put a photo in the forum, so as you saw, I just dropped in a link..

More than welcome to try out balotabuddies.net, AU/UK and US servers, Huge Teamspeak plus we are now multi gaming! as long as you havn't had any background with hacks or cheating then you will be fine for whitelisting :)

• Like 1

More than welcome to try out balotabuddies.net, AU/UK and US servers, Huge Teamspeak plus we are now multi gaming! as long as you havn't had any background with hacks or cheating then you will be fine for whitelisting :)

I think he heard you the first time :P

Feel free to check out ChernoChumz (server in sig) too mate though at present we are only EU servers though we have some American regulars that don't really get ping problems.

Edited by Timboski

I usually just sit in the electro hospital and broadcast free medical services whilst I sit behind the counter and collect rolexe watches from the store until my backpack is full. Blood Bagged about 12 guys last night until a bandit came in with a hatchet and wrote on my face with its blade. I think thats pretty much what all admins should do cant go wrong.

• Like 2

^ See what I mean? The epitome of professional.

• Like 1

I've suffered the same ... admin abuse, that is. I currently rent and administer a server - mostly for friends at the moment. But we hope to open to either whitelisted or players screened with a simple application at some point. What we have been trying to find, is the best visible medium for the admin role on our server, while trying to be as hands off as possible. It's not easy. I've been playing DayZ for months now, and sometimes I think running a server is less for gamers who actually like to play it, as the wanting to play can get in the way of good server administration.

As for admin abuse, I am sure we have all suffered such often. Instances that stick out for me? Hmm. On one private hive Taviana server I liked I once found a Huey and flew it around until I ran low on fuel. So I landed on the large island, found a ground vehicle and drove it over to the airport on the smaller one. Found a fuel truck there, and drove it back to where I had parked my chopper. The admin logs in - just he and I on the server - and realizes he cannot fuel his C130 because the fuel truck was moved - by me - from that airport. He did not kick or ban me, but went nuts over my having moved the fuel truck.

Another instance, right after the 1.7.5.1 update, some friends and I found a new Chernarus server that seemed great (our home server never updated). Almost right away, days after the admins realized we liked their server and were there to stay, they started to bug us for cash donations. On top of that, one night after I had found a HMMWV in Cherno, an admin logged in and demanded that I drive him around. I ended up leaving him in the boondocks when he got out to eat and drink, then crashed the Hummer and logged for good.

At any rate, I had been waiting for Namalsk .741 to open our server to players in general, but that release has had some issues with Tara Bridge and Seraja AB. We then went to Taviana.eu which also has some serious bugs and slow development going on, and so now we are likely waiting for Taviana 3.0 at the end of this month.

Here's to hoping we all administer our servers in a fair manner, and also find servers with good admins.