r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

Seems like you should start carefully avoiding zombies.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Yeah, zombies chasing you for miles is a good reason to start being more careful - or get into groups with a lot of ammunition to take them all out(especially in important areas such as airfields, and more recently, high value military castles). Yet, it's not perfect. If you're a new player who doesn't know to immediately look for an axe upon spawning - it means instant death if a Usain Bolt zombie took interest in you. An experienced player, though, should have no problems getting an axe in time for the first zombie threat.

The infections, on the other hand, are almost entirely unavoidable and require near-unattainable resources to battle. I cannot risk losing all of my blood, having to search for antibiotics in panic for hours, and having a thoroughly bad day simply because a Zombie jabbed me(especially now that Zombies spawn directly within buildings, an easy way to get hit). Again, either reduce the chance of infection to it's original state - or provide alternative ways of curing it. Antibiotics are simply too rare and spawn in locations that are just too dangerous.

Edited by TiredMiner

lol you have no idea

Yeah, it wasn't a pleasant surprise to learn that upright Zombies run at least 50% faster than you. Only way to get rid of them now is to zig-zag up steep cliffs and force them to walk slowly.

All of that only because I couldn't risk getting hit, because of no antibiotics. I think I would've had no gripes axing it's face if Infection wasn't such a danger.

Edited by TiredMiner

Yeh Zombies need to be slowed down, they need their animations fixed as well. I frigging hate it when I run past one and it hits me from 5ft away...... like wtf? It didn't even animate and even if it does it still its air. The most annoying thing is you'll often just be knocked to the ground, like if it actually hit me I wouldn't feel cheated, however they can hit you from so far away. I saw the same thing in the SA, the zombies just kept hitting him even though they were facing the other way and were like 10ft away.

Personally I'd just rather have thousands of slow zombies, would fix all the issues.

• Like 2

What do the "viral zeds" look like? Can someone get me a picture?

You can identify them by the blood on ther neck, shirt and arms. (And their hunger for bullets aswell!)

You can identify them by the blood on ther neck, shirt and arms. (And their hunger for bullets aswell!)

Thank you, but not quite what I was looking for. Suppose it's the thought that counts.

Wow, good thing we have your super informative post on why you think it did.

I'm a new(er) player myself(started a month ago) and 1.7.6.2 was just a clusterfuck of "grab everything you can and hoard all the things!" type of gameplay. Last night I ran through Cherno on my server and I found a total of 1 bandage and a few cans. It sucked, don't get me wrong, but it's so much better than running into the church and finding an Enfield with 3 mags, BAP, compass, and 3 food/drink all next to each other(true story).

I'm even more drawn to playing and I want to play even more with this new patch.

Diminished loot tables aren't really a problem. The overpowered zombies that were already fundamentally broken to start with are.

If they at least functioned normally without bugs and glitches, and if the game didn't have such shitty melee, aiming and hitboxes, and if they had less vision, and if there were more ways to dispatch of them, THEN it would be a great idea to make the zombies more powerful. Now it just ruins an already very problematic game.

Edited by Cadian412
  • Like 2

While I like most of the changes and I appreciate what the devs were trying to achieve (and for the most part did) I just wish for some consistency with the Infected agro range, I can be crouch walking through a village, getting pretty close to a few grab happy guys and they won't care but suddenly from half way across town a friendly little cuddle monkey will come sprinting down the road to introduce himself, even from behind buildings making line of sight impossible and if it was noise why only one zombie who's so far away compared to the others?... Anyway it wasn't such a big deal before because they were so easy to lose but now that it's pretty tough to do so without forcing them to walk through a building (which I hate to do because it feels so cheap) It just ends up being frustrating, running through the forest trying to shake him off without even the benefit of an axe to get him off my trail.

So to sum up my feelings on the patch I really like the new loot spawning, zombie knock down and infection chances, on the whole it feels much more tough and gritty, more like a survival game. But I strongly dislike the agro range (still) feeling random and the bloodhound tracking.

Edited by TheFish
  • Like 1

updating the server i'm working on to 1.7.7 now. hopefully it wont do to much damage to all the scripts that i have in place.

one random question though, why is dwbans.txt showing up on my battleye file with retarded bans in it.... i.e.

xxxxxxxxxxx121c88d5adc -1 Seen by Dw #526 nublet

xxxxxxxxxxxc817603758a -1 Seen by Dw #518 hi

xxxxxxxxxxxxx5e6099171 -1 Seen by Dw #319 you got code to hit admin? well ban ya

i deleted every single one of them because of the stupidity of what some were saying. Why would you guys include something like that if people are going to view it as immature?

The way zeds work and have always worked in DayZ:

Believe me, I've had my issues with the zeds - had chats with devs of this mod and others who have strengthed the zeds. They will never be perfect. The key is balancing threat with glitch. First: zeds don't constantly scan for you, they take snapshots every couple of seconds... so, a zed may not hear you or see you because you fall into that window where they aren't paying attention.

They also have a fairly narrow field of view - during testing I was able to be almost directly in front of one without it seeing me. Since field of vision works as a cone spreading out from the point of view, the farther away you are, the easier it is for them to spot you at an angle. They also can only see for 100m - which seems a fairly short distance... unless you're in a town. The farther away you are, the more likely you will be in their field of view - that's just the way vision works.

So... what this means is... one farther down the street is more likely to spot you than the one right next to you if you are crouch walking. The way to deal with this is to make sure you are not just paying attention to the position of zeds near you when you are moving. It is actually the zeds farther off that you have to worry more about when it comes to being seen.

And, it is only the new, "Viral" zeds that have the increased chance of infection. Learn to recognize them. They look like other zeds, but they are dirtier and covered in blood... you will come to know them when you see them. If you see them, just know... either take them out stealthily before they aggro... or avoid them. In other words... adapt.

I've seen so many videos of players simply taking hits by zeds so that they can take a shot at another player... or take a couple of shots in order to loot a body or a building. Welp, this is the answer to that. Lo and behold, now you will have to actually deal with zeds in this zombie survival game. It's a welcome change.

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 13

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM?

Why i hate the New update!

-Infected way too easily.

-Can still be hit through walls

-Zombies can see way too easily.

-Knockdown happens WAY TOO OFTEN. shall i go on?

• Like 2

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM?

Could you explain your current tactics? Myself, and many others, find the zombies are still not particularly challenging. In the interest of my own sanity, please read some of the posts we have made in this topic. They explain very simple methods of increasing your chances of survival against zombies dramatically. They really aren't that hard to deal with if you'd just put in some effort. Please!

also, no mention of any vehicle was listed on the first post, but are there any new vehicles, or has any vehicles been taken out again for cherno private hive?

Could you explain your current tactics? Myself, and many others, find the zombies are still not particularly challenging. In the interest of my own sanity, please read some of the posts we have made in this topic. They explain very simple methods of increasing your chances of survival against zombies dramatically. They really aren't that hard to deal with if you'd just put in some effort. Please!

Maybe you should share your superior tactics instead?

stamina as well for zeds as for players? more tactical approaches.

I like this idea in that it will keep the idea of fast zombies for those who enjoy them and yet they could animate to an exhausted state; then to an overzealous/tired state, more akin to classic Zombies.

People would have more breathing room after counter measures to decrease the mob, it would also force people to be more aware of their surroundings and rely on sound and sight more-so than just trickery that everyone is so accustomed to.

Its alot to do with you running however i'm not happy with the knockdown from the front and we will be changing this to be from the back only. It has been brought up to add a push or knock from the zeds when you run into them.

So tackle from the back when running = Knock down.

While running into a zed = Zed knocks you but you don't fall down

I really like that this is going to be the approach, if a "stagger" animation is made, may I throw it out there that it would be cool to still be able to shoot? Might save lives.

It's no problem Loot is rare. Well traveled areas will have little loot in them

I understand its pre-alhpa. From the footage I've seen the clothing shown looks barely worn. Logically, if we are going to be looting customizable items at a fairly consistent rate, and as well the game is set around an "apocalyptic" theme; the clothing needs to be dirty, ripped/patched in key locations, saturated/desaturated in an "authentic" manner. In my opinion of course. :)

Edited by Strongtent

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM?

A-box-of-tissues-001.jpg

Edited by U.G.N - Jedi Panda
  • Like 6

Maybe you should share your superior tactics instead?

I have. So have several others. This might help: http://dayzmod.com/f...40#entry1364612

Someone one post down also corrects me, and provides a couple other very accurate pointers. Using a mixture of these methods when appropriate can help you avoid getting hit at all, while still scoring loot.

I found a helicopter on my first life- I'd probably be flying it now if it hadn't eaten me. Silly DayZ.

Edited by Zetal

Would be a good idea, if the player would start with some kind of melee weapon like the newly added baseball bat,machete or a hatchet. I mean its the zombie apocalypse you gotta have something to defend yourself for crying out loud, starting only with your dick in your hands ain't realistic and cool. I seriously doubt incase of a zombie apocalypse you would run arround with nothing to defend yourself but only bandages that serve as a tampon for each time a zombie hits you and gives you a period, cuz thats how it looks when you are bleeding like you're having a period or some shit. hell even the crowbar sounds appealing now. just give us something that we can use to fight back after we respawn.

Edited by raynor009

Would be a good idea, if the player would start with some kind of melee weapon like the newly added baseball bat,machete or a hatchet. I mean its the zombie apocalypse you gotta have something to defend yourself for crying out loud, starting only with your dick in your hands ain't realistic and cool. I seriously doubt incase of a zombie apocalypse you would run arround with nothing to defend yourself but only bandages that serve as a tampon for each time a zombie hits you and gives you a period, cuz thats how it looks when you are bleeding like you're having a period or some shit. hell even the crowbar sounds appealing now. just give us something that we can use to fight back after we respawn.

I give up. You all saw me. I tried to help. I think I'm gonna need that .jpg, Panda.

• Like 1