Sign in to follow this  
Trollz0r

aaand its gone.

As the title says, it happened to me 3 or 4 days ago again. i had a cz sniper rifle and wanted to lay it down to the ground to pickup a AK. Then it was gone.

Will this bug ever be fixed in the mod?

post-153854-0-92411100-1364219939_thumb.

Next time you know better then let the magic of dayz steal your stuff.

This has happened to me before. I was being held up. I dropped my gun. It disappeared.

I was like..."My gun disappeared. I'm going to go ahead and go crazy on you now"

I managed to kill one of them before getting shot :P

It happens. I dropped once an M4A3 CCO close to a tree and I was unable to retrieve it. It was visiblle between leaves and branches but I was unable to pick it up.

I sweared for a good 5 minutes and then I headed for Berezino (mind you, I was N of Zeleno, so the opposite corner oc Chernarus) to pick something else because the server was flooded with death messages at cherno, elektro and nwaf.

_Anubis_

Best way is to drop items into a loot pile, or if theres no handy loot pile around drop an item you can afford to lose first, such as a tin can.

• Like 3

Yeah, existing loot piles are probably safest. I think the worst case of DayZ sorcery to cause me to lose my stuff was dropping my alice pack to pick up a coyote. I carefully unloaded my alice into a loot pile to pick up the coyote pack. Right after I dropped the empty alice pack, I was disconnected from the server. Came back, everything gone. Booo.

I carefully unloaded my alice into a loot pile to pick up the coyote pack.

drop alice pack, pickup coyote and Open Alice pack. no need to make a loot pile.

drop alice pack, pickup coyote and Open Alice pack. no need to make a loot pile.

careful with that, backpacks tend to disappear when you drop them.

Actually what you do is scroll on the backpack on the ground you want to pick up, then open it while it's on the ground. Then click on open backpack in your inventory and doubleclick all items to transfer the content to the new backpack, and then you pick up the new backpack with all your stuff in. No risk of loosing old backpack filled with stuff when switching.

Edited by Tactical-Turtle
  • Like 7

Actually what you do is scroll on the backpack on the ground you want to pick up, then open it while it's on the ground. Then click on open backpack in your inventory and doubleclick all items to transfer the content to the new backpack, and then you pick up the new backpack with all your stuff in. No risk of loosing old backpack filled with stuff when switching.

I had heard at the the time that items put directly into backpacks on the ground could disappear. Now when I transfer to a new pack I load directly into the pack on the ground then simply drop the old pack a few steps away and grab the new one. Since I can obviously get into the new pack already and if the old pack disappears from voodoo magic it doesn't matter since it's already empty. It's a lot faster than other ways I've tried, plus if I unload then drop the old pack I have a few seconds to check my back in between. I was pretty new at the time that happened too, so I wasn't too quick with the interface.

Edited by floogy

Fluxley nailed it. Drop a tin can or magazine or something to make sure that you're creating an accessible loot pile, then access that pile and do your inventory shifting from there. Never fails. Also, be careful dropping stuff in on or around buildings. If you build a campfire on top of a castle, for instance, it'll usually appear above you and be inaccessible, like doghouse loot.

when stuff disappears from your backpack / tent / car / inventory, it will appear somewhere on the ground in your vicinity.

however, finding it can be tough depending on the size / color of the item and the ground texture / vegetation.

*bonus hint* setting object detail to lowest might help

Edited by Azrail

when stuff disappears from your backpack / tent / car / inventory, it will appear somewhere on the ground in your vicinity.

however, finding it can be tough depending on the size / color of the item and the ground texture / vegetation.

*bonus hint* setting object detail to lowest might help

I'll try this next time I lose something x3