Sign in to follow this  
onearm

Worth it to buy now or wait?

Is it worth it to buy ARMA2: Combined Operations now, or would it be easier/cost less to just wait until the Standalone? I've read the alpha of the standalone is apparently coming out in June, is this correct? Thanks.

Ehh I would buy combined Ops, because the Mod is going to have more than the SA at first, or at least it should.

I would buy both, get experience in now before the SA comes out.

arma is worth buying just for arma all the other mods including this one is a bonus on top of a great game

• Like 1

If you want to practice your survival, pay the 18 dollars on steam for CO. Otherwise, just wait; I bought CO because I LOVE ArmA 2, prior to knowing anything about DayZ. If it wasn't for FrankieOnPcIn1080p/The Yogscast, I'd still be in the ArmA 2 OA mission editor.

If you want to practice your survival, pay the 18 dollars on steam for CO. Otherwise, just wait; I bought CO because I LOVE ArmA 2, prior to knowing anything about DayZ. If it wasn't for FrankieOnPcIn1080p/The Yogscast, I'd still be in the ArmA 2 OA mission editor.

I've been watching a lot of Frankie lately and his videos are whats making me lean more towards just buying CO on steam, It is $24.99 on steam for me though. :/

I've been watching a lot of Frankie lately and his videos are whats making me lean more towards just buying CO on steam, It is $24.99 on steam for me though. :/

Really? $24.99? Either I accidentally bought it during a Steam sale (I did get it over the summer) or you're looking at the X/anniversary edition... I don't know.

And I'm not nearly as good as Frankie, but are you interested in other people hunting bandits? :)

Get some tf2 keys, then buy co with them, I paid ~12 dollars

Get some tf2 keys, then buy co with them, I paid ~12 dollars

If you don't mind, could you explain this a little more?

Trading in the game team fOrttess.

It isn't for everyone, but some people can make a killing with tf2 trading

Buy now, Arma2Co is a great game in my opinion as it is, dayz is great and theres plenty of time to play and enjoy until the stand alone which is at earliest gong to go alpha in June, probably be longer knowing how these things often work. I only started playing dayz around a week ago and its been well worth getting!