tearran

3rd Person View, why I support it, and why it should stay in game

Also' date=' to be more aware of your surroundings?

[/quote']

That was my nice way of saying, being a look-around-the-corner-cheapo. lol

Also, I did an experiment last night, and noticed that a lot of times, you're better prepared for action and can see better if you just use first person and lean. I got to the corner of a wall in third person, and pointed so that my weapon was aiming at a tree. Now, if I switch to first person I'm aiming at a wall, however, if I go in to first person and lean out, I could actually have a bit less of myself exposed and actually be aiming at the tree. But when I went to third person and leaned, and moved my crosshairs back to the tree, it aims back at the wall.

I'm not pretending that having third person enabled isn't just inviting people to use it as an advantage. But, those people that abuse it; "This is why we can't have nice things"

Having third person disabled would be so bad. Arma is one of the only game that running makes me sick. Let me explain.

In this mod, you have to run a lot, and I mean it. There's various areas that lower your fps like cities, maybe some woods and so on, which I know that most of us don't have a cap of 40 fps non-stop or 60. My point is, running in arma 2 in first person is a pain, not only that it's frustrating to see the surroundings as you do so, compared to real life running. The worst part is when you are in an area with lower fps like a city and so on and you gotta run, that camera shakiness turns to hell making it even more frustrating.

3rd person view is a must when you travel.

This is terrible reasoning. It's possible to increase your FOV in the ArmA engine' date=' and the FOV you gain from 3rd person doesn't justify the ways it is currently exploited (ie: seeing other people around corners/obstacles while remaining completely hidden.

[/quote']

Exploit? It's not an exploit. its 3rd person perspective.

You failed to include the reason why it's not an exploit or a cheat. You didn't explain why it's not cheating when you use 3rd person view to look around obstacles and corners, while staying hidden behind the obstacle or corner.

Read the the first post, its in there.

Having third person disabled would be so bad. Arma is one of the only game that running makes me sick. Let me explain.

In this mod' date=' you have to run a lot, and I mean it. There's various areas that lower your fps like cities, maybe some woods and so on, which I know that most of us don't have a cap of 40 fps non-stop or 60. My point is, running in arma 2 in first person is a pain, not only that it's frustrating to see the surroundings as you do so, compared to real life running. The worst part is when you are in an area with lower fps like a city and so on and you gotta run, that camera shakiness turns to hell making it even more frustrating.

[/quote']

1. edit your fov

2. buy trackir

3. what the hell is the difference to other fps? do you really look around less in games like bf3? maybe thats the reason why its so easy to become MVP there because people do not.

In this mod' date=' you have to run a lot, and I mean it. There's various areas that lower your fps like cities, maybe some woods and so on, which I know that most of us don't have a cap of 40 fps non-stop or 60. My point is, running in arma 2 in first person is a pain, not only that it's frustrating to see the surroundings as you do so, compared to real life running. The worst part is when you are in an area with lower fps like a city and so on and you gotta run, that camera shakiness turns to hell making it even more frustrating.

[/quote']

1. edit your fov

2. buy trackir

3. what the hell is the difference to other fps? do you really look around less in games like bf3? maybe thats the reason why its so easy to become MVP there because people do not.

Ok first of all when I said FPS I meant, FRAMES PER SECOND. Second of all, are you SERIOUS? Are you seriously telling me to buy a TRACK IR, just because some people can't take 3rd person view? When there's servers who can disable it and be "Hardcore"? People who request 3rd person view to be disabled from the dev's as from the mod, are nothing but selfish idiots.

Your points are flawed. I disabled head bob, but being 1st person in this game for a long time and running for so long it's frustrating. You go ahead and play on a "hardcore" server, I've seen some and enjoy your time in 1st person view. Arma 2 =/= Bf3, from the way things look to the way things feel, so it's different spending 2 hours in Bf3 and 2 hours in arma 2 in first pers view.

Unless you play with ACRE and on some realism arma 2 server, 1st person only is a must, but not in this.

I love first person and 3rd person, they go well together in Dayzmod. I always go 1st pers when I shoot or roam around some areas of the cities. Like someone said, it's annoying how if you go prone in the grass you can't remove some grass blades in front of you with your hand without having to move around.

Also Il-2 1946 is one of my favorite games, dog fighting simulator, I didn't buy Track IR for that, I doubt i'd buy for arma. I got numpads.

Third person is for baby ass campers who use it to basically cheat to peek corners, everyone knows it's true.

[/quote']

1. edit your fov

2. buy trackir

Ok first of all when I said FPS I meant, FRAMES PER SECOND. Second of all, are you SERIOUS? Are you seriously telling me to buy a TRACK IR, just because some people can't take 3rd person view? When there's servers who can disable it and be "Hardcore"? People who request 3rd person view to be disabled from the dev's as from the mod, are nothing but selfish idiots.

1. You also bought a PC to play games on. You bought ArmA2 to play ArmA 2. Or probably you even bought ArmA 2 to play DayZ.

So why is it so weird to ask people to buy TrackIR if they complain about too little visual awarness?

2. The ones who want 3rd to stay on are mostly noobs, cheaters looking around corners and people who need to see the zombies even further.

Your points are flawed. I disabled head bob, but being 1st person in this game for a long time and running for so long it's frustrating. You go ahead and play on a "hardcore" server, I've seen some and enjoy your time in 1st person view. Arma 2 =/= Bf3, from the way things look to the way things feel, so it's different spending 2 hours in Bf3 and 2 hours in arma 2 in first pers view.

1. So running in first person is FRUSTRATING and running in third person is not?

Talking about flawed arguments.

2. Yes in BF3 you make a lot more PEW PEW PEW DUCKJUMP PEW PEW AT ON THE RUN PEW PEW.

I tend to look around just as much in BF3 as in ArmA2. But probably thats just me.

Unless you play with ACRE and on some realism arma 2 server, 1st person only is a must, but not in this.

Now you really confuse me. What does the ACE Radio have to do with it?

I love first person and 3rd person, they go well together in Dayzmod. I always go 1st pers when I shoot or roam around some areas of the cities. Like someone said, it's annoying how if you go prone in the grass you can't remove some grass blades in front of you with your hand without having to move around.

Also Il-2 1946 is one of my favorite games, dog fighting simulator, I didn't buy Track IR for that, I doubt i'd buy for arma. I got numpads.

Then ask to have the high grass removed. The high grass has some serious issues on its own. Yet people defend it.

Having something wrong ingame and fixing it with something equally wrong is not the way to go. Two wrongs do not make a right.

^ Let's see :

1) I didn't buy Arma 2 for DayZmod.

2) I got this since a long time and I know of Arma since a long ass time.

3) I don't think you've ever played Arma 2 with acre on a realism server. When you got your squad near you chatting, you know who's saying what, you know where it's coming from thus coordonation and realism all together, you know what's going on. I just didn't mention ACE.

3,5) Sometimes zombies run in zig zag or just jump around real quick by running frustrating. Being in first person having to turn around and run and so on is frustrating once again.

4) This is like the most important one. Why remove high grass from the game, JUST because SOME people want 3rd person REMOVED from the core game? Why can't you and your kind play on HARDCORE servers and enjoy it in 1st person only? WHY why why? Why do you want everyone to have to play in 1st person just because that's how you like it when you can obviously play on 1st pers servers? That's selfish and just because of that I shouldn't bother replaying to you.

5) Third person view is not for noobs. It is much more pleasant when you run for 30 minutes to be in third person and look around than be stuck in 1st person. In real life you can peak over a wall without being spotted at all, I see third person view when hiding as a realistic usage of such things you cannot do in the game itself.

6) Play on 1st person servers, don't request it off from the core mod.

Also check your logic dude, why would I have to pay over 100 euro, over 100 freaking euro to play DayZ? Just because some idiots want 3rd person removed from the core mode (I don't know why I sweat it, it won't happen) when there's servers who've disabled 3rd person view. What track ir does it give you a better way to look around you, I can use numpads just fine for that. TrackIR it's best used when you play with a squad and realisticly and not in a zombie apocalypse for various reasons.

4) This is like the most important one. Why remove high grass from the game' date=' JUST because SOME people want 3rd person REMOVED from the core game? Why can't you and your kind play on HARDCORE servers and enjoy it in 1st person only? WHY why why? Why do you want everyone to have to play in 1st person just because that's how you like it when you can obviously play on 1st pers servers? That's selfish and just because of that I shouldn't bother replaying to you.

[/quote']

I don't feel strongly either way on the 3rd person issue, but this, I do have an issue with.

Removing a feature is NOT selfish if the feature itself does not belong in the game, regardless of how much the players enjoy it. If there is an exploit in any game, no matter how fun that exploit may be, it should be removed.

The removal of third person shouldn't be the debate. The debate should be whether third person deserves to stay.

You TPV noobs do realise that you actually can look around and maintain situational awareness in first person by pressing down the ALT key? Also, if you get motion sickness from the head bob in first person, well you deserve it for being such a damnable amateur and doing a full sprint constantly. Press X for crouched run and TADAAA: completely smooth-as-a-babbys-ass-no-headbobs-were-given movement mode.

4) This is like the most important one. Why remove high grass from the game' date=' JUST because SOME people want 3rd person REMOVED from the core game? Why can't you and your kind play on HARDCORE servers and enjoy it in 1st person only? WHY why why? Why do you want everyone to have to play in 1st person just because that's how you like it when you can obviously play on 1st pers servers? That's selfish and just because of that I shouldn't bother replaying to you.

[/quote']

I don't feel strongly either way on the 3rd person issue, but this, I do have an issue with.

Removing a feature is NOT selfish if the feature itself does not belong in the game, regardless of how much the players enjoy it. If there is an exploit in any game, no matter how fun that exploit may be, it should be removed.

The removal of third person shouldn't be the debate. The debate should be whether third person deserves to stay.

NO way dude, there's no such thing. Third person belongs to the game. If someone can go in third person, you can go as well, use it or freaking quit. If you get killed you'll probably blame it on 3rd person. It's not like x can use 3rd person and you cannot.

How about you play on 1st person servers like I said before to the other guy. Don't request shit just because you got a different view. Just play on 1st person servers.

I noticed you're also against the mod getting new features and new stuff in it, now I see you're also against this. This is meant to be a fun game. The arma 2 engine has lots of issues as it is.

3) I don't think you've ever played Arma 2 with acre on a realism server. When you got your squad near you chatting' date=' you know who's saying what, you know where it's coming from thus coordonation and realism all together, you know what's going on. I just didn't mention ACE.

[/quote']

So if FPV is viable or not solely depends on positional audio?

In the new beta patch direct comm should be working again which is also positional.

3,5) Sometimes zombies run in zig zag or just jump around real quick by running frustrating. Being in first person having to turn around and run and so on is frustrating once again.

Did you even run or even sprint and turned your head around to see whats behind you?

One could say thats pretty much frustrating.

And hey I got news for you:

This is a ZOMBIE survival mod!

The zombies are already

1. weak hitting

2. stupid as f*ck

3. easy to avoid. you can be 3 meters next to them and they dont notice you

4. completely unable to hit you while you move

5. unable to move fast in buildings or up hills

6. disable themselves when running downhill

7. completely unable to enter docks

So you say the ONLY advantage the zombies have by having speed and being hard to hit while charging in is the reason you need easy mode enabled?

4) This is like the most important one. Why remove high grass from the game, JUST because SOME people want 3rd person REMOVED from the core game? Why can't you and your kind play on HARDCORE servers and enjoy it in 1st person only? WHY why why? Why do you want everyone to have to play in 1st person just because that's how you like it when you can obviously play on 1st pers servers? That's selfish and just because of that I shouldn't bother replaying to you.

1. This mod aims to be a highly immersive survival game with dire consequences when dying.

3rd person is unbearable under these circumstances

a) makes you die less because you can exploit bushes, corners etc pp

b) it completely destroys immersion

2. This mod is PERSISTENT. So you noobs can easily get high class weaponry with your cheatmode enabled then switch over on some hardcore server while laying at your favourite sniper position and just snipe some people who have earned their stuff.

5) Third person view is not for noobs. It is much more pleasant when you run for 30 minutes to be in third person and look around than be stuck in 1st person. In real life you can peak over a wall without being spotted at all, I see third person view when hiding as a realistic usage of such things you cannot do in the game itself.

1. You know that the looking around feature in 1st person and 3rd person is EXACTLY THE SAME!?

2. Lol. Now talk about flawed arguments. Because you cannot do something you can in reallife IN A FREAKING GAME you want to use unrealistic over the shoulder cameras to be able to SIMULATE real life?

Any time you peak over a wall I can shoot you in your freaking face.

Its just like peaking around corners. It works in ArmA. Yet I have shot a lot of people using it in their head.

I have yet to shoot someone who is peaking around corners or above walls in 3rd.

We even have a further point here:

You completely REPLACE a realistic implemented feature which has drawbacks with your cheater vision. Nobody freaking has to show his head for peaking around something anymore.

Which leads us to another point:

Realism? You cannot just run 10kms with weapons and gear. Just sum up what kind of weight you have on you in Dayz.

2 weapons? About 10kg

1 Pistol with ammo? 2kg

Ammo for the rifles? 3kg

food and drink? 5kg

and so on.

We easily end up having you carry around more than 25kg and not collapsing once.

Or you can get shot 3 times, then someone simply puts a bandage on you and a blood transfusion.

DING DING DING COMPLETELY HEALED.

Where is your strife for realism here?

6) Play on 1st person servers, don't request it off from the core mod.

No

Also check your logic dude, why would I have to pay over 100 euro, over 100 freaking euro to play DayZ? Just because some idiots want 3rd person removed from the core mode (I don't know why I sweat it, it won't happen) when there's servers who've disabled 3rd person view. What track ir does it give you a better way to look around you, I can use numpads just fine for that. TrackIR it's best used when you play with a squad and realisticly and not in a zombie apocalypse for various reasons.

Your logic is flawed. No point to go any further.

You can perfectly fine play dayzmod without 3rd and without trackir.

Whatever dude, stick to 1st person servers. Too bad there'll always be 3rd person in the core game, you'll just have to play on those "hardcore" servers. Weeee. Win Win.

You TPV noobs do realise that you actually can look around and maintain situational awareness in first person by pressing down the ALT key? Also, if you get motion sickness from the head bob in first person, well you deserve it for being such a damnable amateur and doing a full sprint constantly. Press X for crouched run and TADAAA: completely smooth-as-a-babbys-ass-no-headbobs-were-given movement mode.

OH the irony... "amateur" well are you aware you can actually disable head bob? Also are you aware numpads also work for looking around? Not everybody affords to spend an hour to walk thru woods, so sprinting is a must.

Whatever dude' date=' stick to 1st person servers. Too bad there'll always be 3rd person in the core game, you'll just have to play on those "hardcore" servers. Weeee. Win Win.

OH the irony... "amateur" well are you aware you can actually disable head bob? Also are you aware numpads also work for looking around? Not everybody affords to spend an hour to walk thru woods, so sprinting is a must.

So you admit that there are no reasons for keeping 3rd except for you having easy mode because you don't want to play a hard survival mod and you are just sad that there is no fast traveling system implemented at this point.

NO I didn't admit shit, it's still frustrating to run 30 minutes in 1st person view even without headbob, I'd rather do it in 3rd person, well that's how I do it. Stop freaking following my comments and trying to prove shit, you're getting frustrating. You're just mad 3rd person will never be disabled.

I was only making a point 2 that guy. Also learn the differences between hard survival game and annoying arma 2 engine.

Also for your information, I am against disabling 3rd person for the whole mod, it's up to players if they want 3rd or 1st and there's servers for each. Stop being a retard and requesting it so hard to happen for the whole mod. More servers run with third person on because people like it that way, it's less frustrating.

Like I said you're just mad because 3rd pers will never be core disabled. Now stop chasing me around coming with provoking comments.

Third Person should be removed, it has no place where there are PVP elements. It allows you to look over and around objects, such as laying down on a building of which nobody can see you from below, however; with third person, you can see them from above. Same with corners, this is what lean is for.

It gives too much of an advantage to stay in the game, for example: The other night, I was in the glass bubble area of the control tower after my friends and I had come under fire, they both died and I was laying down just enough so the person couldn't see or shoot me. Now, with third person, I could have enabled it to scan the area, find them, then quickly stand up and shoot them. Does that sound fair to you? It doesn't to me.

NO I didn't admit shit' date=' it's still frustrating to run 30 minutes in 1st person view even without headbob, I'd rather do it in 3rd person, well that's how I do it. Stop freaking following my comments and trying to prove shit, you're getting frustrating. You're just mad 3rd person will never be disabled.

I was only making a point 2 that guy. Also learn the differences between hard survival game and annoying arma 2 engine.

Also for your information, I am against disabling 3rd person for the whole mod, it's up to players if they want 3rd or 1st and there's servers for each. Stop being a retard and requesting it so hard to happen for the whole mod. More servers run with third person on because people like it that way, it's less frustrating.

Like I said you're just mad because 3rd pers will never be core disabled. Now stop chasing me around coming with provoking comments.

[/quote']

You are just mad because you know besides not being able to choose the height of your kneeling there is no reason for 3rd person.

Didn't know Dayzmod was a PVP mod. Thought it was a survival mod.

It is both. PVP is an integral part of the mod, Rocket has said so repeatedly.

Pretty sure if I crouch behind a wall in real life and face it I can't magically see over the wall. 3rd person is stupid.

Agree with Ubersoldat. 3 person is a cheat in pvp aspects.

If you are two players, one can get up in a tower lay down go 3rd and scout with out being killed. The other player can simply flank him. This would work as easy in first person, cause you will risk your life to scout him.

In first person mode, you can do less than in real life. This has been said by defenders of TPV already. However, third person mode lets you do MORE than in real life. What does that show? That while FPV is limiting, it does not go beyond the boundaries of a human being. TPV, on the other hand, completely destroys those boundaries, essentially enabling a partial wallhack. I do not understand how you can justify this by calling it "realism". In real life, I can not look over a wall taller than me while standing behind it.

But for now, let's cast aside any notion of realism, because it's stupid to argue about arbitrary boundaries of said realism (you do not heal up bullet wounds with blood bags and cooked meat, like it has been said). The biggest problem of TPV is that it unbalances PvP, and yes it has been stated multiple times in the thread, but I will say it again. It BREAKS PvP to a huge degree. The person behind cover gains much more advantage than they should (being able to see AND being completely protected).