BlessedHeretic

Hatchet can no longer be in tool slot

Welp this change has made my survival rating drop through the roof. I was always hiking in search of animals to feast on , used my trusty hatchet and matches to make myself a camp fire, and with this new patch seems i'll either need to make terrible investment in hauling wood about or the hatchet.. and since the hatchet takes 10 slots, it saddens me.

I think the hatchet should have an option to be put into the tool slot, removing it from play as a weapon and back to a tool, that or lowering it to a small arm slot weapon.

If not I guess I have to kiss 2 inventory slots goodbye to my poor alice pack :C.

Yea... I noticed my hatched was missing from my tool inventory :( Hopefully this is changed... Im not about to start hauling around wood all the time and not going to search for it either. I saw make a hatchet for wood and a Axe for Melee... which I thought was what was happening until I hopped on today :(

Dang, i logged out before 1.7.1.2 with my hatchet, matches, 8 meats, in a forest, thinking "Hey, gotta get logs and make a fire when i get back."

Crap~!

Or just remove the wood requirement for fires. Either option would be fine, but I agree that the ability to create a fire on demand shouldn't take up ten backpack slots.

Axe for melee, hatchet for wood. Do it. Doo it. I mean, just take the crrent model for the hatchet and return it back to its function while getting a new model for the axe and giving it the hatchet's current function.

Or let us right click it and select use as weapon or something.

Or just remove the wood requirement for fires. Either option would be fine' date=' but I agree that the ability to create a fire on demand shouldn't take up ten backpack slots.

[/quote']

Ether or one needs to happen. Personally I saw nothing wrong with the old way. :/

Yeah, probably make them 2 different items, one a Tree Hatchet, other a Hatchet or Axe

Also, we should be able to chop down any tree, not just the ones in a forest!

Welp this change has made my survival rating drop through the roof. I was always hiking in search of animals to feast on ' date=' used my trusty hatchet and matches to make myself a camp fire, and with this new patch seems i'll either need to make terrible investment in hauling wood about or the hatchet.. and since the hatchet takes 10 slots, it saddens me.

I think the hatchet should have an option to be put into the tool slot, removing it from play as a weapon and back to a tool, that or lowering it to a small arm slot weapon.

If not I guess I have to kiss 2 inventory slots goodbye to my poor alice pack :C.

[/quote']

It takes 10 slots? Seriously? Man I like Rocket, he is a pretty cool guy that doesn't afraid of trolls but damn, when you look at the size of a hatchet and a say, a tank trap for example....yet the tank trap takes up 1 slot and the hatchet 10? Reality check bro.

So what happens to my character if I already have the hatchet in the tool slot? will it automatically get moved to main inventory and trash my weapon when I log in? I am currently 'holding' someone elses rareish weapon so I dont want to take a risk and try it.

I personally think making the hatchet take primary slots instead of the "bag of holding" accessories slots is a good thing and a step to the right direction.

After the introduction of the hatchet it has been way too easy to survive just by staying near a fresh water source and hunting animals. With a bit of luck (i.e. not getting bushwhacked) one could survive basically forever doing that.. Changing the place of the hatchet to the primary slots doesn't really change that much, but at least one has to compromise of carrying it around instead of something else..

So what happens to my character if I already have the hatchet in the tool slot? will it automatically get moved to main inventory and trash my weapon when I log in? I am currently 'holding' someone elses rareish weapon so I dont want to take a risk and try it.

Mine disapeared mate... other then that saw no other issues

I personally think making the hatchet take primary slots instead of the "bag of holding" accessories slots is a good thing and a step to the right direction.

After the introduction of the hatchet it has been way too easy to survive just by staying near a fresh water source and hunting animals. With a bit of luck (i.e. not getting bushwhacked) one could survive basically forever doing that.. Changing the place of the hatchet to the primary slots doesn't really change that much' date=' but at least one has to compromise of carrying it around instead of something else..

[/quote']

I disagree... A Axe yes... a Hatchet no... A Hatchet is a small item.. wieghing very little and able to hang from a belt or attached to a pack with ease.. I should be able to have a small hatchet attached to my bag to use as a tool and not have it replace a weapon..

I agree it makes it easy to survive in the wild... but you should be able to to if you choose to.. why force someone into society/city? If your saying the hatchet as a tool made it to easy to survive then your saying we should not have campfires easily available or? Because it was even easier to survive before hatchets/need for wood.

Hatchet: tool for wood only

Axe: Weapon takes primary slot and as many of half slots of a weapon.

Problems solved.

YES, please change this. I am also big into fires and preparing the raw meat. This is rediculous. Please hatchet for trees, axe for melee

Either add another item that fulfills the role of the old tool hatchet or make the current hatchet take up less backpack space, please. At the very least change it so it uses the secondary slot; lugging it around in your weapon slot means you're dead the first time you run into a hostile player with a proper primary.

Either the hatchet needs to go back to tool slot AND/OR an 'axe' needs to come into play.

I don't want to drop my fucking Revolver on the ground everytime I want to cook.

Fail hotfix is fail. Not even trolling.

Melee only caters to fresh spawned n00bs without GunZ

After the introduction of the hatchet it has been way too easy to survive just by staying near a fresh water source and hunting animals. With a bit of luck (i.e. not getting bushwhacked) one could survive basically forever doing that.. Changing the place of the hatchet to the primary slots doesn't really change that much' date=' but at least one has to compromise of carrying it around instead of something else..

[/quote']

Have you ever made a fire in the woods before? You don't even need a hatchet to find enough wood to cook some steaks. The stuff literally grows on trees, man, and you can break the branches right off with your hands, but you don't need to because there is plenty of wood already on the ground. Shoot, with a hatchet or a knife, you don't even need matches to start a fire.

Ten inventory slots just to be able to make a fire is silly.

Welp this change has made my survival rating drop through the roof. I was always hiking in search of animals to feast on ' date=' used my trusty hatchet and matches to make myself a camp fire, and with this new patch seems i'll either need to make terrible investment in hauling wood about or the hatchet.. and since the hatchet takes 10 slots, it saddens me.

[/quote']

havent actually got around to finding one yet, but what the fuckery? 10 slots?!

You can have a complete workshop on your back because a toolbox, tank trap kit, entrenching tool and wire fencing kit take up only 1 slot each? And I am not going to drop my weapon with the glitches that are still around, I only want to drop my weapon if I want to get rid of it.

I am not going to upgrade to 1.7.1.2 until this has been resolved.

BTW: An entrenching tool would also make a nice melee weapon.

hatchet for wood

axe for melee

simple and effective

Agreed, my bad - this was how it was supposed to be. Will be fixed soon.

Thanks good man!

BTW: On several locations near houses there are piles of fire-wood, would it be possible to loot wood for a fire place there?

The axe (weapon) should still be able to gather wood tho. It would be a little silly if all you had was an axe and couldn't harvest wood with it.

Best way to resolve this is to use real backpacks and real tools, equipment, etc. and test how much space all this takes up. A hatchet and an axe will not take up much space. A flashlight won't either (never understood why it took up more than one slot). Even a handgun won't take up much space (5 is excessive too). Others take up too little (toolbox, for example).

Hatchet should continue to use a tool set slot. Axe should either be in hand or take up one slot in the backpack. No reason either couldn't be weapons. Entrenching tool should be like axe; in hand, in (actually on) backpack, and either as weapon or tool (it was regularly used in close combat to whack the enemy).

No reason also that anything in the system should limit or prohibit someone from just surviving in the woods. That is a personal choice on the part of each player.

Axe for melee' date=' hatchet for wood. Do it. Doo it. I mean, just take the crrent model for the hatchet and return it back to its function while getting a new model for the axe and giving it the hatchet's current function.

Or let us right click it and select use as weapon or something.

[/quote']

+1