Sign in to follow this  
Blacki123

need abit of help/advice!

well i have never been a PC gamer. and i have been watching DayZ on youtube and i despretley want to start playing it! i only have a crappy laptop at the minute that wouldnt even dream of running dayz and i want to Buy/Build my own PC. and i just want to know what i need , how much it costs , cause i dont want to buy /build a pc for it to suck cause im abit of a PC noob (i know abit!) i was hoping to spend around 300-400 pound on a pc i dont know if its enough!

So basically can anybody help me? tell me what i need point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance callum

Mhmm. you probably need 500-600 dollars for a good computer

300 BGP Equals 450 dollars 400 gbp equals 609dollars so i think it might be enough :L

have you got any advice bro?

The best place to go is PC Part Picker, they have heaps of different parts you can choose from.

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

This site can guide you with picking parts for a build and gives you an estimated price (in GBP) for the parts. Keep in mind that the price shown does not include the cost for an operating system.

okay sweet thanks man! but which one of the ones on the list shall i be thinking?

thanks again

300 BGP Equals 450 dollars 400 gbp equals 609dollars so i think it might be enough :L

have you got any advice bro?

I dunno, ArmA 2 is few years old I think he can build a computer built around it, just look for good deals on parts.

I would suggest an AM3 system. Get a Phenom II x4 3.4Ghz CPU, 8GB DDR3 Ram, ASRock or Gigabyte 890FX or 990FX motherboard, standard Wesdern Digital, Seagate, or Samsung $60 500gb hard drive, antec neo 430Watts, and an AMD 75xx or 76xx series graphics card.

Edited by AtypicNic

I would suggest an AM3 system. Get a Phenom II x4 3.4Ghz CPU, 8GB DDR3 Ram, ASRock or Gigabyte 890FX or 990FX motherboard, standard Wesdern Digital, Seagate, or Samsung $60 500gb hard drive, antec neo 430Watts, and an AMD 75xx or 76xx series graphics card.

Thank you for the reply but it really means nothing to me :( it doesnt make sense cause im a noob ahhaa what about this? http://gyazo.com/fec...4c5dd3ce03f4f21

I literally just built my first PC, for £423 in total, but that is not including a graphics card. If you include the graphics card it came to just under £700. The reason I separated them as my motherboard comes with an integrated card so you could get away with £400, but you definitely could not run DayZ as the integrated graphics card is not powerful enough.

I have not gone in too high-end but spent £220 on the graphics card to ensure I can run DayZ on high.

Judging by your responses you need to read up on how to build a PC as choosing the right components is a bit of a minefield when you first start. If you want someone else to do the leg work (finding out if parts are compatible etc) then this website is decent, as it will only ever let you put together parts that are compatible:

http://www.computerplanet.co.uk/

Be warned however, you will pay a little more doing it this way as you are paying someone to build it for you. Basically, from my knowledge that I have picked up so far, a budget of £400 will not allow you to get a PC capable of running modern games on high (someone more knowledgeable may correct me on that). The computers you have been posting all seem to have integrated graphics cards only, so although they may have sufficient processors/RAM, they will not be able to cope with the graphics demand that modern games have. Hope this helps, feel free to PM me and I will tell you what I did as I know from very recent experience it is daunting for a first timer!

Cheers

Arma is majorly CPU intensive. Look at building something around an Intel i5 3570k/ i7 3770k or AMD 8350. If I'm honest 400 is going to be a struggle. Try looking on Gumtree for a second hand one. There are some decent rigs around for not massive cash. Also YouTube is your friend. I knew nothing last year, and now I am building for everyone!