willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

I just want to thank those of you who have been arguing for reason despite the hoards of people complaining (here and in other communities) and trying to turn mold their impatience or misunderstandings into pseudo-logical arguments claiming irresponsibility, creative dishonesty, etc. on behalf of the Dayz developers and testers.

You are heroes in my eyes. Keep on truckin'

• Like 1

Seriously whats the fuss??? Any gamer here who plays any of the top releases over the years is WELL used to waiting through months and months (sometimes years) of missed release dates, at least by the more conscientious publishing houses. My worst experiences and greatest disappointments with any games over the years have been the ones that have been squeezed out too soon due to a publishing house being too keen to cash in quick. I think we should be fukin glad that BIS isnt squeezing Rocket too hard to release the game asap, or we could have a broken release on our hands and THAT is WAY more devastating to potential sales than a sliding release date, and im sure NOONE here wants DAYZ SA to release like a stinking wet fart with shit reviews and players walking in droves. Mud sticks.

This isnt just another game.. and the potential player base isnt just the 1.5mill currently playing it. We all know why we FUCKING LOVE dayz mod...because its groundbreaking, completely innovative, open world experience that actually delivers more bang for your buck than any title out there...period. And when it catches to the mainstream, and people experience the fuking shit yourself immersion and heart pounding experinces its gonna go totally mega. Its the biggest and most refreshing gaming experience to enter gaming since Half life or maybe even DOOM, so there is no way in hell its gonna fail by moving a release dates by a few months to get it right, but a bum game on release could really screw with its mainstream uptake as they will hear the hype and just see it as another WARZ piece of shite...and before it can redeem itself we'll be seeing all the copycats realeasing games based on the same concepts, which I promise you are already well in development. Everybody in gaming industry has turned their heads and noticed the storm that DAYZ has created and for sure there's some big companies already throwing huge piles money at development in secret, getting ready to jump on the bandwagon.

So just relax and wait for the SA game to come out when its ready... in meantime play DAYZ mod maybe?

Edited by mjr_havok
  • Like 7

In my opinion, the longer they take the better. The more time it takes, gives them more time to make the Standalone even better.

• Like 1

In my opinion, the longer they take the better. The more time it takes, gives them more time to make the Standalone even better.

I totally agree, look how amazing Duke Nukem forever ended up being!

• Like 1

Hello fellow zombie slayers! Im new to the forums but have been playing Dayz since last year and was wondering if i could become a tester for standalone or updates, is there any way for me to do that?

Hello fellow zombie slayers! Im new to the forums but have been playing Dayz since last year and was wondering if i could become a tester for standalone or updates, is there any way for me to do that?

Nope, sorry, it was all dealt with a while ago. Welcome to the forums though.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

Everyone want to be a DayZ SA tester, so nope ;)

But I'm sure we all will become a tester in June :D

Edited by BaconTrooper
  • Like 1

Well, kinda dissapointing, but not entirely since we all have "testing" privilages after the June release. Got to admit its looking spectacular.

Whats the beans thing? like a thumbs up?

Also on the topic i agree entirely with devs taking as long as they need to make this game great, im tired of games with great potencial becoming this

III Only because they are working on it very diligently. Its about time for a good realistic zed survival game. No dead island does not count, nor does resident evil....

V

fallout-new-vegas-glitches.jpg

Edited by NerosShadow
  • Like 1

hardly relevant, there will always be long awaited dissapointments. Most of the time the more time and care you put into something the better the results than when you rush to appease fans.

The longer development curve gives more time for them to test things out and implement improvements or even new features. dont people have lives to get on with while they wait, or at least the mod?

• Like 1

Hahahaha ^^ nice one! :D

Hahahaha ^^ nice one! :D

If that's what it takes to tickle your funny-bone, I'd be afraid to play peek-a-boo incase you piss yourself.

Do we know if SA will be available from the start for non-commercial hosts? I.e. communities/clans hosting the SA server on their dedicated server box. Not necessarily private hives, the servers could connect to the main dayz hive...

cheers

• Like 1

It really amazes me how impatient people are that take the time to complain about it here on the forums. Its upsetting to know they feel like this standalone is owed to them in some way in which it gives them the right to complain about a late release.

Im still having a blast with the mod as is, and am even enjoying some of the other mods out there as well. Take all the time you need developers, Ill be here ready to play the finished product when youre done.

• Like 3

It really amazes me how impatient people are that take the time to complain about it here on the forums. Its upsetting to know they feel like this standalone is owed to them in some way in which it gives them the right to complain about a late release.

Im still having a blast with the mod as is, and am even enjoying some of the other mods out there as well. Take all the time you need developers, Ill be here ready to play the finished product when youre done.

Rocket's team is really poor at managing expectations. If they suddenly decide SA is no longer suitable for rolling alpha release and weekly updates is too much too andlke then just say so.

• Like 1

Rocket's team is really poor at managing expectations. If they suddenly decide SA is no longer suitable for rolling alpha release and weekly updates is too much too andlke then just say so.

The only person who can manage your expactations is you.....and your clearly not very good at it. I think it would be a waste of time for them to try and appease people like you becuase all you do is whine, they dont have an obligation to spoon feed us updates.

Edited by BenjamK

Dean, you lied. And what's worse - you did it again.

You guys can bitch all you want about my post, but thats my stand. If the devs continue to look at the game from this angle, they will reach Dayz 3 and nothing will be released, because there will always be something new to add and improve. I thought the whole idea behind the ALPHA release was for the gamers to be able to play WHILE the devs were fixing the game. Frankly I don't care at all about what clothes my character wears, because it does not impact my gameplay at all.

If you (the devs) are going to continue this trend, at least stop saying stuff about the game and then turn your backs on what you've stated, like the weekly dev blogs, the December release, the "before April" release date. Just to name few.

Please take a note from PZ's development. They may say everything is OK, but it does not take a genius to see thats bullshit. Not to mention that because of the long development process the game now has nothing to do with the one they started with. And thats not always good.

• Like 2

You guys can bitch all you want about my post, but thats my stand. If the devs continue to look at the game from this angle, they will reach Dayz 3 and nothing will be released, because there will always be something new to add and improve. I thought the whole idea behind the ALPHA release was for the gamers to be able to play WHILE the devs were fixing the game. Frankly I don't care at all about what clothes my character wears, because it does not impact my gameplay at all.

If you (the devs) are going to continue this trend, at least stop saying stuff about the game and then turn your backs on what you've stated, like the weekly dev blogs, the December release, the "before April" release date. Just to name few.

Please take a note from PZ's development. They may say everything is OK, but it does not take a genius to see thats bullshit. Not to mention that because of the long development process the game now has nothing to do with the one they started with. And thats not always good.

I think Rocket and his team have the distinct advantage of recent first hand knowledge of just how damn hard it is to tweak and balance when over a million people are playing the game. Just look back at the rolling update threads and the problems that came up and the bitching that came with it. Its a 1000 times faster to roll balances, tweaks and make minor changes several times a day when working with a closed group of testers rather than a public release. So if they release too soon, with too many bugs, it will take WAY longer to get it fixed up properly. This way they can work much faster and release a game that is much closer to ready.

And dont accuse people of lying cos thats just ignorant, rude and childish. Unless any dev is a psychic or is making a repro of bat n ball, there is no real way to ever give accurate dev times, cos noone can ever know exactly what problems or complications might emerge in a complex and HUGE venture such as this. IMO the only time a game comes out exactly on time, with no delays, is a broken game cos the publishers forced the devs to release on time but before its ready..(TR AOD? SIMCITY anyone? to name just 2!)

Also I dont know any other game devs that have had as much hands on contact with its fan base as Rocket and Matt, no I think we should feel lucky to be included at all. They have a massive job to do, are very good at it no doubt, and they are working hard to bring us the game we want. Good PR Comms isnt why they got the job so dont expect it necessarily. They are the devs, not the marketing team!

Edited by mjr_havok
  • Like 1

http://www.eurogamer...an-hall-answers

(BTW: that was in the linked articles in that one you linked.)

You guys can bitch all you want about my post, but thats my stand. If the devs continue to look at the game from this angle, they will reach Dayz 3 and nothing will be released, because there will always be something new to add and improve. I thought the whole idea behind the ALPHA release was for the gamers to be able to play WHILE the devs were fixing the game.

There is no game to play at the moment, if you'd been paying attention you'd see that what we're waiting on atm is the client -> server architecture, that is; how your computer talks to the computer hosting the multiplayer games. If they release before this is done, it'd have to be running on the same code as the current DayZ mod, which means script kiddies everywhere. Do you really want to play the SA with no private servers with parachuting cows everywhere?

Edited by Kra
  • Like 4

I stopped being able to take you seriously when you said "long development process".

• Like 3

I hope the dev team take aslong as required to make a complete product. I dont want them rushing because the impatients are QQing

The only person who can manage your expactations is you.....and your clearly not very good at it. I think it would be a waste of time for them to try and appease people like you becuase all you do is whine, they dont have an obligation to spoon feed us updates.

You are hopeless. Managing expectations is a business term and specifically applies to software vendor.

I cannot stress enough that I would rather have one fantastic, polished game and have to wait for it; rather than having one game full of bugs, and getting it tomorrow.

• Like 2

State of Decay= June

DayZ Alpha = Possible June date

The Apocalypse is happening at June.

Do we know if SA will be available from the start for non-commercial hosts? I.e. communities/clans hosting the SA server on their dedicated server box. Not necessarily private hives, the servers could connect to the main dayz hive...

cheers

Does anyone have any info on this?

Will we be able to host DayZ Standalone on our dedicated servers right from the start in June, or will we have to rent a virtual server from a company??

(I am not refering to a private hive, merely hosting the dayz server on a dedicated box connecting to the main dayz public hive)

Edited by -Panda