How to make an interesting post

Basically, I'm here to cut down the horrific quality of posts (mostly in the Bandit campfire ;)) and increase the amount of replies your post receives

I'll try to keep this one short and sweet, which brings me into my first topic.

Simplicity. Mostly everyone hates reading the large walls of text and will usually respond with a joke about the size of the post or they said they didn't read it. This will most likely result with it ending up on the second page. Keep your post short and simple, but make sure the meaning of it is still there. People like to read the shorter posts and will probably lead to more people who actually want to read it, leading to more replies.

Grammar. You've probably hated it since grade school, but yet it still matters. Usually the majority of people will flame you because of your terrible use of grammar and spelling, detracting from the original topic. To get more replies (as I found out myself) use proper grammar.

Originality. This one should be fairly simple. General discussion is filled with a colossal amount of repeats such as "Will my computer OR NEED HEEEEELP". Many people lose interest in these topics after reading them for the millionth time, so remember to make sure your post is unique.

Tags: We are lucky enough to have the ability to attach tags, use this to your advantage. Tags relevant to your topic make it easier to find.

Title. The amount of people that come to your post is pretty much determined by you title. Be creative and above all, NO CAPS LOCK.

Hopefully this will help :)

Edited by Guest

I bet you spellchecked that grammar post atleast 3 times!

• Like 1

<p>

Oh god, I hope he was being facetious with the grammar portion. Baha

Edited by ButtHat

It would be quite ironic, wouldn't it?

I was going to read your post but the Comic Sans distracted me and made me try and take my own life using an empty DVD case and a manila envelope.

It wasn't successful.

• Like 2

People need to take tips from this, get fed up of reading the same thread 300 times a day from different people.

Grammar. You've probably hated it since grade school, but yet it still matters. Usually the majority of people will flame you because of your terrible use of grammar and spelling, detracting from the original topic. To get more replies (as I found out myself) use proper grammar.

I dont care about grammer because I know that many ppl will criticize it when they cant prove im wrong....and thats when I know ive won the discussion.

Also after someone has let me know that my faulty grammar is annoying them I usually reply by saying "if it annoys u, why would I correct it then?" That usually makes ppl shut up.

Forumpsychology 101 for u bitches that have wide howling necks as mouths to drink coffe with and preform oral greetings remiecieneet..reminicscent of the great dwarf kingdom

Edited by svisketyggeren

Darryl you never cease to amaze me

That's why you love me right? RIGHT?

Yes we love all love you Double D :wub:

You know the worst thing about pointing grammar issues out on a forum? You will always have a grammar mistake in your title or post as soon as you mention grammar :)

true story.

I generally skip over bad grammar as you never really know how old the poster is or where they hail from. As long as it is not ridiculous leet speak it is easy enough to forgive spelling and other errors if the poster is making an effort. Grammar nazis imo are amongst the worst types on the net and should be burnt with a slow fire.

Great walls of text are sometimes required and usually only scare the kiddies who will pull out the tldr as soon as you get past one paragraph no matter how interesting.

tldr

your mum.

• Like 2

Keep those topics, well on topic.

Nothing worse than having an oblique topic title.

(actually, there's billions of things worse, but it's still irritating)

L

I dont care about grammer because I know that many ppl will criticize it when they cant prove im wrong....and thats when I know ive won the discussion.

Also after someone has let me know that my faulty grammar is annoying them I usually reply by saying "if it annoys u, why would I correct it then?" That usually makes ppl shut up.

Forumpsychology 101 for u bitches that have wide howling necks as mouths to drink coffe with and preform oral greetings remiecieneet..reminicscent of the great dwarf kingdom

Yes, we can tell you don't care about grammar. This post is so bad I don't even know what you're babbling about. Something like, "I'm always right, even though I I appear to have an IQ in the 50s". Being able to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas in writing has many uses beyond flaming each other on internet forums. Like getting and holding job for instance. You might even be an intelligent person but no one here can tell since you're writing like a six year old. Whatever it is you tried to tell us was lost because no one can understand what the fuck you're saying without re-reading it several times.

'Nuff said. <_<

• Like 2

Yes, we can tell you don't care about grammar. This post is so bad I don't even know what you're babbling about. Something like, "I'm always right, even though I I appear to have an IQ in the 50s".

if u cant understand the semantics in my post ur intelligence must in the 50s too

Being able to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas in writing has many uses beyond flaming each other on internet forums. Like getting and holding job for instance.

I have little desire for effectively communicating serious thoughts and ideas on this forum...unlike u it seems. And when I apply for a job its not going to be in a country where they dont speak my language, which is norwegian.

You might even be an intelligent person but no one here can tell since you're writing like a six year old.

I couldnt care less if ppl on this forum labled me as intelligent or not.

U post comes of pile of redundant misunderstood viewpoints that u probaly think applies to me since they apply to u. My guess is that ive probaly trolled u some time in the past and ur rage fills me up like a cumbucket of joy

Edited by svisketyggeren

if u cant understand the semantics in my post ur intelligence must in the 50s too

I have little desire for effectively communicating serious thoughts and ideas on this forum...unlike u it seems. And when I apply for a job its not going to be in a country where they dont speak my language, which is norwegian.

U post comes of pile of redundant misunderstood viewpoints that u probaly think applies to me since they apply to u. My guess is that uve probaly trolled u some time before

Big words, poor grammar. That shit don't mix right.

Hello there

Although my grammar/spelling/etc may not be perfect, I do tend to mentally judge folk who don't at least make a vague gesture to "write" correctly.

It's wrong of me, but I find it hard to take folk who "text speak" on forums seriously.

Rgds

LoK

Big words, poor grammar. That shit don't mix right.

I think its kinda low to bash ppl with poor grammar on a internatinal forum where alot of the members native language isnt english....seems more like a way to compensate for ur own low selfesteem.

All in all I think its a crude and usophisticated way of judging ppl. And my experience is that will ppl will use grammar against u if they get annoyed enough...it really is way of telling that the trolling has been sucsessfull

Edited by svisketyggeren

Hello there

Although my grammar/spelling/etc may not be perfect, I do tend to mentally judge folk who don't at least make a vague gesture to "write" correctly.

It's wrong of me, but I find it hard to take folk who "text speak" on forums seriously.

Rgds

LoK

I'm ready to spill blood the moment someone posts with an "lol".

I think its kinda low to bash ppl with poor grammar on a internatinal forum where alot of the members native language isnt english....seems more like a way to compensate for ur own low selfesteem.

All in all I think its a crude and usophisticated way of judging ppl

I'm sorry that I said that, I went back and only then did I pick up that you're Norwegian. Not that you'll forgive me, but I just want to satisfy myself by apologizing.

I'm sorry that I said that, I went back and only then did I pick up that you're Norwegian. Not that you'll forgive me, but I just want to satisfy myself by apologizing.

Nowegians are heathens, we dont need apologizes

U post comes of pile of redundant misunderstood viewpoints that u probaly think applies to me since they apply to u. My guess is that ive probaly trolled u some time in the past and ur rage fills me up like a cumbucket of joy

Your bad grammar might be forgivable since English is a second language, but you seem pretty proud of being bad at it. If I could speak or write in Norwegian I wouldn't be proud of writing or speaking it poorly.

Obviously since you don't care, I'll spare the rest of the readers here another cumbucket reference. Don't worry about responding again. You've proven my point. You can go on ineffectively not communicating on the forums.

Anyway, BTT and my apologies for poking the troll under the bridge.

I think that this is important for suggestion posts. If someone has a good suggestion for the mod or SA and it might just be ignored due to the fact that it's presented poorly. Since this mod is community driven it might be the difference between having a cool feature implemented or not.