Xianyu

Welp game sucks now

Okay. So. Let me describe for you my experience in DayZ for the last twenty four hours.

Last night. No food. No water. My character dying of thirst and hunger for no reason. Can't find any food and water because something screwed up the loot tables. So instead of being able to play the game, I have to wait.

So I wait.

Now, this morning, the last half an hour has been one long series of BS events after another.

Join a server, find food, find water. Get kicked off for high ping.

Join another server.

Kicked off for high ping.

join another server.

high ping

High ping

HIGH PING HIGH PING HIGH PING

And those are only the servers I could find that weren't A) filled completely to capacity or B) DON'T EFFING LOAD.

So I find one server just now. One that actually, you know, let's me on! It's pretty frigging dark.

I throw a chem light. Or at least I THINK I DID.

Next thing I know, I'm dead. Broken bones. Just DEAD. Instantly -23000 blood and DEAD. So I lost the DMR that took me DAYS to find. All my supplies. MY ghillie suit. Everything.

So fine. I'll go get them back.

But LOLNOPE

HIGH FUCKING PING. Enjoy losing everything!

Oh, let me clear that up then. I'm AUSTRALIAN.

IE, I get ping of 300 or so to any server that ISN'T ANZ.

Oh' date=' let me clear that up then. I'm AUSTRALIAN.

IE, I get ping of 300 or so to any server that ISN'T ANZ.

[/quote']

Alot of Server hosts put a 200 or 300 ping restriction before kick so that you don't warp around and be a laggy sob when you're being shot or running etc.

It's fairly common in all online games. You need to find a server closer to you so you don't ping high to it. (i get kicked out of some of the eastern servers when i play for high ping - China/Korea/EU)

If you had been playing fine on any of these servers prior to today, its very possible there was a problem with your connection that you weren't aware of. There was server lag that should be fixed now, but actual ping vs low frames is 2 different issues.

Hey I'm an Aussie too! You know what I do?

I play in ANZ servers

Only been kicked for ping once when my 5 housemates decided to stream GSL in HD

1. Buy own server in aus to host dayz.

2. No more high ping kick.

3.????????

4. PROFIT!

Australia's censorship laws deny him the right to host servers for non E rated games. (Meant in humor but sadly slightly true)

Wanna know something fun? There's exactly ONE NZ server running 1.7.1.2. And you know what?

IT'S FULL!

....fancy that.

Sounds like you suck at applying logic to basic problems.

You're crying about this game supposedly sucking for a problem regarding the latency of your internet and server hosts - yet you fail to see that this has absolutely nothing to do with the game or its developers.

1. Buy own server in aus to host dayz.

2. No more high ping kick.

3.????????

4. PROFIT!

Australia's censorship laws deny him the right to host servers for non E rated games. (Meant in humor but sadly slightly true)

Lol and they talk shit about America.

You're crying about this game supposedly sucking for a problem regarding the latency of your internet and server hosts - yet you fail to see that this has absolutely nothing to do with the game or its developers.

and you fail to see that my problem is a culmination of both shitty coding AND server hosts.

Because guess what? I died of thirst/hunger or a bug. After drinking drinks on other servers, and logging off with GREEN thirst and hunger.

Oh, I'm sorry, is it my fault that my latency made my character hungry/thirsty? Or my fault for throwing a chemlight in an open area?

and you fail to see that my problem is a culmination of both shitty coding AND server hosts.

Because guess what? I died of thirst/hunger or a bug. After drinking drinks on other servers' date=' and logging off with GREEN thirst and hunger.

Oh, I'm sorry, is it my fault that my latency made my character hungry/thirsty? Or my fault for throwing a chemlight in an open area?

[/quote']

You must be so pissed, considering you bought and paid for DayZ as a fully finished and advertised working product. Not like you're participating in an alpha test or anything crazy like that.

And shitty coding? I'm willing to bet you couldn't tell the difference between the best coding in the world and the most basic VB login screen. Or am I ignorant of the fact you spend your weekends designing real-time processing fail-safed air control systems.

Alpha is Alpha. Also the nature of the game is sometimes losing your stuff... even if it was due to a bug/lag/whatever it was bound to happen eventually anyways.

Because guess what? I died of thirst/hunger or a bug. After drinking drinks on other servers' date=' and logging off with GREEN thirst and hunger.

[/quote']

And you Fail to See the Giant 'Alpha' sign on the front page. Shit happens man, your 90% disconnection rate though, is not the games fault as you initially stated. I hate to be a dick about it, but seriously, there have been 2 patches in 36 hours, have some faith the man is tired.

lol dumbass...spam enter like the rest of aussies...we dont have the numbers to validate ANZ100 servers...our data prices and hosting is to expensive atm, compared to in america where ive seen running a server as low as $25 :P

suck it up princess...and spam enter till you get into an anz server or suffer...either way its your problem not anyone elses.

Yesterday was fun.

Nighttime in US, a lot of servers empty, all daylight servers full.

That's ok, I'll just play on some of these empty night servers.

3/50 players. Kicked, ping too high.

1/50 players. Kicked, ping too high.

220-250 ping.

the Americans that chased daylight were banned from ANZ servers...they are simple just returning the favour to us...ANZ1-4 180ms ping or kick.

musta got sick of us aussies going in and killing them all :P

Join servers closer to you physical location. Is that so fucking hard?? I don't understand the point of this thread.

That's what's up with DayZ. Shit happens. Cope with it. I had my flashlight broken until the 1.7.1.2 update. I logged in with 2 bloodpacks, an AK74 Kobra with full ammo, G17 and a whole bunch of goodies, just to get shot as soon as I spawned.

And you know what I did? I ran around the cost annoying people for fun, finally found someone to bum with, and I'm starting out fresh again.

[/quote']

1) The game is in Alpha. If you couldn't figure that out, then I'm confused on how you even managed to install the damn thing.

2) When you log out and come back, in your thirst and hunger are going to be in the red, assuming you stayed out for an extended period of time.

3) The Day Z devs have NOTHING to do with your ping, that is your problem.

4) It is your fault for throwing a chem light in an open area. That one shouldn't have even been asked.

You need to stop acting like your problems are everyone else's problems and figure a way to work it out yourself. The devs have little to no control over the ping.