Shrapnell

Admin Abuse is becoming a large problem.

I wish I got the admin of this DayZ+ server saying in side chat that he spawns in DMRs and what not. Sadly, I didn't have.. bandicam.. open.

I wish I got the admin of this DayZ+ server saying in side chat that he spawns in DMRs and what not. Sadly, I didn't have.. bandicam.. open.

Nothing would happen anyway, staff have no control over private servers.

Admin abuse is not as common as you lot think. The public hive would require you to run some sort of script to "spawn stuff in" Yes we have all been on the officail hive and found the " bottomless boxes of goodies". I run a server on the Vilayer public hive which although is not official is a happy medium, between public and private. The control panel allows me to alter the starting load out for players and at this moment on the server you start with a revolver, some grub and a map then you have to get on and survive. Yes I know its not true vanilla but it makes the first 15 minutes easier :) As an admin I could quite easily read the logs but its an arse ache FFS. Have you ever sat down and read the game logs?? Boring as fuck I can assure you.

The answer of course is ..If you think there is abuse move on, there are lots of servers out there. To date the only people I have banned have attempted to hack and one player who attempted to exploit the hotel roof glitch. If the general consensus of players at any one time indicates a cheater or hacker he gets banned end of.. no discussion no arguments no appeals Harsh I know but I like our Little home in Chernarus to be seen as fair and well run

Just a random load of waffle from an admin who gets fed up with everyone crying admin abuse when they cant explain how they died..........

I don't know about guns, but skins are a different story. There's zero benefit to a custom skin. I believe admins have the Rocket skin, and that's it. And a modded server doesn't mean admin abuse at all...

I didn't really say there was abuse. I just thought that BB would be vanilla and unmodded and everyone would be on an equal level in regards to equipment and/or appearance but that that was not the case. Specifically the new buildings added and known only about by the people that added them (a fire station in Kamenka and many others) could be seen as a minor exploit.

Perhaps I was just saddened I didn't get to see a secure server where people had actually left the damn code alone.

He probably doesn't know that there are extra guns added into the server and as any nitwit would do, he assumed "ADMUN ABOOOOSE".

Quote me saying admin abuse or shut the hell up. I said I left because the server was heavily modded, perhaps learning to read might help in understanding that.

Edited by disorder

After I read the other thread about "The laughing man's private hive servers" admins abusing their power, today I played on 3 other servers.

First one: 24/7 daylight, left after 10 minutes when I found out through a chat message

Second one: I spawn on the coast with a pistol (which I don't like), run to the Balota airfield where I hear gunshots. I go into the 2nd hangar and see how a bandit patches himself after he just killed a new spawn. I shot him and took his gear (usually I don't kill, but bandit skin and a murder moments ago made me believe he will kill me as soon as he is fixed). Afterwards, I run to Cherno and I am at the fire station. I enter it and get shot by a guy in a ghillie with an Mk 48. It appears that it was the server admin that I just killed 10 minutes earlier. No way he got that gear that quickly again...

Third server: FINALLY found a server running nighttime. Unfortunately, the night is not as dark as usual and all buildings that are enterable are glowing for easy pathfinding.

Gave up for today, will try to find a decent server again tomorrow.

OP I know the feels man. I've played on countless Private hives in the last two months and I've run into abusive admins on almost all of them. Servers that didn't have abusive admins had really shitty ones who didn't seem to know what the fuck they were doing. I was playing on one that had an admin spawn in satchel charges and then dupe them. I've had a lot of troubles with admins and I know how shitty it can be.

Balota Buddies is different though. It's the only Private Hive I've played on that has had amazing admins. Not only does it have amazing admins it has an amazing community too. I've yet to find a community like it. I highly suggest you swing by and check it out. Here's a link, http://balotabuddies.net/

I think you'll like it.

I didn't really say there was abuse.

Then what relevance does your post have in a thread about admin abuse?

We use logic to assume that, since it would otherwise have no relation to the topic, that you were implying it was about admin abuse. If not, that's fine, but I'm not sure how you were expecting us to know.

Edited by Rage VG

"I payed for it" is the excuse of a whiny bitch that can't play the game... and that's coming from someone that legitimately cried after his first player-induced death.

I payed for the game, where's my defense? That's why I always play public servers; hitting alt + F4 isn't very hard when a hacker "Insta kills" the server. It's not like hackers are hard to deal with... you log out, or run away.

Whereas a bitch admin can ban you from his server like an idiot because he can't accept someone being better than him at the game.

OP I know the feels man. I've played on countless Private hives in the last two months and I've run into abusive admins on almost all of them. Servers that didn't have abusive admins had really shitty ones who didn't seem to know what the fuck they were doing. I was playing on one that had an admin spawn in satchel charges and then dupe them. I've had a lot of troubles with admins and I know how shitty it can be.

Balota Buddies is different though. It's the only Private Hive I've played on that has had amazing admins. Not only does it have amazing admins it has an amazing community too. I've yet to find a community like it. I highly suggest you swing by and check it out. Here's a link, http://balotabuddies.net/

I think you'll like it.

No. Stop contributing to that servers spam count.

No. Stop contributing to that servers spam count.

Yes, because your post was truly enlightening and properly contributed to the topic at hand.

Yes, because your post was truly enlightening and properly contributed to the topic at hand.

He is talking to me.

Coming from an admin myself.. Admin abuse is out there, I helped run a server and was good admin (the players said so and liked me) I helped everyone out. Refunding gear/rollbacks after hackers, helping people out like that. It was difficult at times because there were 3 admins, the owner, me and one other. The last one was a total abusive admin like everyone here is saying, he spawned himself gear, would restart the server for a heli.. spawn stuff at his own admin base. All the players hated him and yet they stuck around because we had a good server and they liked the other admins/what we had. But enough of that, even though admin abuse is out there, its hard to control even if you are another admin and you know one does certain things that are unfair. Its hard to do that to a friend so we had to control it, which we did to the best of our ability.. we blew up his admin base with satchels and everything (fun times) he got angry and stopped playing for a bit, but came back and we ended up closing the server because of him..

I have been on the other side too, I have dealt with abusive admins when I played on other servers. Being a clan owner, with a lot of players, we attacked people with helicopters when they refueled and tried to take them, or get gear.. and guess who had the helis.. the admin and his friends. They later hunted down every base we had and destroyed it hours after we put it up so we left.

But yea, both sides of the situation suck!

Then what relevance does your post have in a thread about admin abuse?

Even though I didn't really say they were being physically or verbally abusive, check this out.

Abuse

Noun - The improper use of something.

So I think modding the code without telling anyone = improper use.

People weren't being assholes, they were still using power to get things that other people couldn't. I called it an exploit. I'm sorry if people implied that I meant they were being directly abusive. That is why I didn't say the word abuse, I just said they changed things and I didn't like it and left.

OK?

Edited by disorder

Even though I didn't really say they were being physically or verbally abusive, check this out.

Abuse

Noun - The improper use of something.

So I think modding the code without telling anyone = improper use.

People weren't being assholes, they were still using power to get things that other people couldn't. I called it an exploit. I'm sorry if people implied that I meant they were being directly abusive. That is why I didn't say abuse, I just said they changed things and I didn't like it and left.

Easy peasy.

Actually I believe the majority of the users are aware of the custom skins and custom items. As far as I understand, all of the added items are either available to everyone, or purely cosmetic for the people volunteering their time to moderate the server.

Plus, nobody said you meant abuse; but when the OP is talking about dickhead admins, and multiple people post things along the lines of "The admins at Balota Buddies won't ban you for no reason", or "The admins are nice over at BB", and the first words of your post are essentially "Balota buddies is no better", the logical conlusion, is as I previously stated.

Edited by Rage VG

OK then.. I hope the BB admins take some time to inform new members are aware of their special privileges and that they provide an updated map so that everyone knows the changes they have made.

I hate arguing anyway. Lets be friends.

OK then.. I hope the BB admins take some time to inform new members are aware of their special privileges and that they provide an updated map so that everyone knows the changes they have made.

Because looking like Rocket is game-breaking.

My partner got admin banned (hacking) because she told two guys to shutup on sidechat. One of them was telling the other one that there were no easily repairable vehicles within a five k radius of where he was so he was clearly an admin, which he confirmed later when he said to the player he was chatting with on side who was asking where the vehicles were..'if i tell you where the good ones are then i would not be doing my job as an admin would i'.

They had been chatting for a while and we couldn't hear shit going on between us and i was trying to show her how to mute players , she had asked them to be quiet on side but had got no reply and then when she said ' guys, shutup ! ' (she was stressing out as she was at the Southern barracks under zed attack whilst trying to mute them) the admins reply was ' NO YOU SHUTUP FUCKHEAD!' followed a minute later by Admin Ban... hacking- and some other childish message.

We had been on the server once before and i was questioned by one of the admins after an hour or so of play how i came about the items i had in my bag, mountain dew from Vybor and an m240 from the barracks..straight up i was like..well check the logs mate and make your call, pretty damn obvious. If one was scripting would you tell them on side anyway..

:facepalm:

Shit servers..vote with your abort button.

Wow. Its like Steak fell upside down and started writing.

spam deleted...and now this makes no sense :|

Edited by Hetstaine