Sign in to follow this  
Trizzo

Wilderness for months...state of game? Steam update a thing?

I recently moved city from Sydney to somewhere far away from Sydney. Finally got my house and now my internet, as in 5 mins ago.

Soo...whats going on? I left the day combat rolling was introduced...apparantly i missed out on some fun times.

So....

*State of the game?

*Patches?

*Can I update the DayZ via steam....just glanced over that in one of the 15 windows i have going...

Cheers! I did miss dayz...

About the Steam version: http://dayzmod.com/f...on-of-dayz-mod/

Current version for DayZ is 1.7.6, if I recall correctly.

Edit;

they introduced new game mechanics.

now "camping" is no longer an issue. whenever somebody stays on one spot for longer than 30 secs, he gets a big red blip above his head.

also you can now buy guns n ammo via an ingame shop, so no longer running around searching for stuff! yey!

plus:

standalone will get a new name: "Pay Z"

I have no idea what this guy is talking about.

Ignore all of that.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

Yeah, use commander. Wow, first thing you do in your new house with your new internet is DayZ stuff. Addicting. But with commander you get a much better server interface and all the correct updates. If you use steam it will mess up commander's install of the beta patches for Arma2. Plus with commander you can run it without steam, even if you have the steam version of Arma2.

Can anyone explain what DayZ Commander does? I've seen a lot about it here on the forums.

Can anyone explain what DayZ Commander does? I've seen a lot about it here on the forums.

just a simple way of launching and patching the game also for searching for servers very similar to playwith6 but i prefer it

Everything really. it's pretty much a self contained utility for playing DayZ. Has everything but maps and teamspeak. Just download it and try it out. But like I said just earlier you have to use either commander or steam, not both. Commander is all I use, I tried steam but then I had to use the in game server browser, which sucks.