Sign in to follow this  
Lycanthropian

1.7.1.2 Papery/Blocky Graphics after update.

My graphics have gone all papery and chunky after 1.7.1.1 and 1.7.1.2. I am updated completely on the Arma2 beta and DayZ mod. I have restarted, changed my graphics settings from min to max and back again, completely wiped Arma2 and Arma2:OA from my computer for a clean install and same problem. This error has only occurred after patching the Arma2 beta 93825 and 1.7.1.1 and just now 1.7.1.2.

Screenshot below.

Any help? Suggestions? Fixes?

[NEW] Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting condition

That might be a issue why your getting it.

What type of video card and what driver version are you running?

Only asking that as 1.7.1.2 is brand new and there might be others who might get that problem, and having card info/driver might help with finding out what is happening.

I played for a few on patch and only noticed i had blocky gfx at first untill everything loaded up then it all cleared up. Since ya said you reinstalled everything, im sure its not a shader cache that needs to be wiped and redone.

It's not a hardware issue. I'm running a Radeon HD 6870. I can max out the graphics easily. The graphic driver is up to date. It's also not blocky just in game, at the main menu where it has your moving background, all the shrubs and grass there are papery as well.

Same card, while useing 12.6 beta drivers, i could see through walls when moving, so your right, its not a hardware issue.

Seems another person has the same issues in a differnt thread here, so sounds like its something new thats happening. Might want to chirp in there and compare things to track it down. Sounds like its a new issue.