honeyspy

DayZ standalone ideas ?

Hi all I was just thinking the other day about some cool things that could be in the standalone and would be quite enjoyable. Feel free to reply if something might not work or some extra things

Seasons:

Depending on the season you have to wear different clothes to stop you becoming to cold or overheating so in summer you could not wear winter clothes other wise you would become tired and would pant that would make noise so players near by or zombies would be able to hear you and winter you might get cold

Leading on from that the season could affect the water temp. and there would be sometimes of clothing so you can swim in the water without getting cold e.g. A wetsuit or drysuits

Loot in house:

Over the pass few months I have been watching the show doomsday preppers and thought some house could be the houses of preppers and there would be better loot (not military standard) so you might have a large stash of Canned food or medical supply's such as morphine or bandages maybe also so standard guns maybe a akm as the best

I hope you like this I will continue to post some ideas and hope to meet you guys in the game sometime soon (when I get my new pc as old one died a couple of weeks ago and saving up for a better one )

Honeyspy

• Like 1

i'd like to see "seasons" in DayZ like Summer (hot), winter (cold and snow) etc

EDIT: also about the loot...i'm going to assume you've never seen the dev blogs...

Edited by GOD™

Uninformed bambi :(

*shhhhh* it's in a better place now...no more tears.

I think an interesting way to add a new dimension to the game would be the ability to choose your previous occupation before the apocalypse.

This could affect your starting equipment and perhaps a perk, i.e a fire-fighter may start with a fire-axe and have increased melee damage or speed Or perhaps an engineer or mechanic would be quicker and more efficient at jobs involving machines like refuelling cars and start with equpment involved in such tasks.

Also it would show the sort of people that would be able to survive in that situation.

I think an interesting way to add a new dimension to the game would be the ability to choose your previous occupation before the apocalypse.

This could affect your starting equipment and perhaps a perk, i.e a fire-fighter may start with a fire-axe and have increased melee damage or speed Or perhaps an engineer or mechanic would be quicker and more efficient at jobs involving machines like refuelling cars and start with equpment involved in such tasks.

Also it would show the sort of people that would be able to survive in that situation.

NOOOOOOOEEEESSSS please NO....

Its not to burn it down but I personally hate the idea of perks.

In my opinion we all should start on the same point and not have certain advantages over one another....

That would be cool as would character classes like in a traditional RPG (meaning pen and paper RPS's).

NOOOOOOOEEEESSSS please NO....

Its not to burn it down but I personally hate the idea of perks.

In my opinion we all should start on the same point and not have certain advantages over one another....

I completely agree with where you are coming from and feel the same.

The idea of stat increases I'm not so sure about but I thought it would be fun to have a different start each time you started a new game.

Also you may start in a different place accordingly.

I completely agree with where you are coming from and feel the same.

The idea of stat increases I'm not so sure about but I thought it would be fun to have a different start each time you started a new game.

Also you may start in a different place accordingly.

On the other hand I do like the idea of starting with slightly different gear in different roles.

But one might be too overpowered with certain items. If this is going to be done people should be very cautious where they draw the line in the gear.

Perhaps only with the gear that is not useable as a weapon (snipers with bino's, spotters with a map, enigineers with a toolbox etc) for the rest everyone has to find everything....

This would be an atrocity to the game. The beauty of DayZ is that you are only as good at performing specific tasks as you are at playing the game yourself.

If you want increased melee damage or speed. Learn how to dodge, weave headshot, every time.

I'd personally like to see the ability to start teams almost like a post apocalyptic militia like thing. Once you build a team you can earn abilities like an automatic inventory system and maybe even the ability to find new supplies and make even uniforms for the members off your team. I understand why a lot of you would shoot down this idea amd can totally understand why. I also know it wouldn't be the easiest thing to do but I just thought Id put my idea out there and see if ANYONE else had a similar appeal