Sign in to follow this  
Carve

Basement Wizards DayZ Epoch - NOW OPEN!

Basement Wizards DayZ Epoch Taviana

Server: 65.181.122.11:2302

Slots: 50

Anti-Hack: TSW & Custom

Mumble Server: mumble.basementwizards.net or 65.181.122.11 (default port)

We have just opened our DayZ Epoch Taviana server and gaming community over @ basementwizards.net -- No whitelist, no bullshit, come play and have fun!

In order to play Taviana Epoch, please follow this guide! If you have any trouble installing please just post in the thread.

Spoke with Carve and we are on the same page. Grats on getting Epoch running. I'm glad people now have a place to play without having to whitelist.

We are currently NOT official, and some features do not fully work, they are been fixed and will be maintained with all updates to DayZ Epoch as per Axles and AWOL's permission.

Edited by Carve
  • Like 1

Installed the mod per the instructions on the DayZ Epoch site last night. Have the latest beta. But, when I try to join your server, I get a "Bad version, server rejected connection" error.

Installed the mod per the instructions on the DayZ Epoch site last night. Have the latest beta. But, when I try to join your server, I get a "Bad version, server rejected connection" error.

Make sure you are using the Beta patch, had a few people with the same issue. If you need more help contact me on skype (itscarve).

Most script restriction issues of kicking have been resolved, if you run into any please report them here or on our forums - basementwizards.net

Thank You

Just a heads up, this is not an official DayZ Epoch server. The developers of DayZ Epoch have not released server files at this time. Join this server at your own risk.

Spoke with Carve and we are on the same page. Grats on getting Epoch running. I'm glad people now have a place to play without having to whitelist.

Edited by Axles
  • Like 2

Did you give him the real server files? Because the version he's been running today doesn't work the same as the one I've been spending my time watching on the streams and on youtube. NPC's don't work right... one wholesaler/trader NPC refused to trade due to low humanity even though humanity was at +2500 - so no ability to purchase vehicles or a safe... and the server owner had no clue what humanity would be high enough to get the NPC to trade, the food/clothing NPC doesn't work at all - so no buying or selling anything there either. You can buy and sell guns and ammo... that's it. I got the impression from videos I've seen that there are instances where metal bars spawn - not so on this server, so you'll have to smelt everything. Many BE kicks occurring, that he is fixing on the fly... he's playing catch up. I suppose if the mod creator doesn't mind an inferior version of his mod being out there, who am I to argue. But, despite the fact that the mod creator has given his okay, if he isn't using the official server files, I think folks should know this isn't the same version as what you see being played on the test servers... it's a pale shadow. Edited by entspeak

You are correct entspeak, he is not yet using official server files so you will find many things broken/not working. We might get him setup with actual server files soon enough.

• Like 1

You are correct entspeak, he is not yet using official server files so you will find many things broken/not working. We might get him setup with actual server files soon enough.

Cool. I'm looking forward to the public release. It's looks like a really great take on DayZ.

We look forward to getting the "official" stamp as soon as possible. I've forwarded most of the bugs I didn't fix to Axles and AWOL as well.

Thanks again Axles for speaking with me, and I've already sent in one pull request and am going through the tracker to see if I can be of assistance in any other areas.

Now running client version 0.997.

Replaced L85A2 with G36_C_SD_eotech

Replaced AS50 with M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo

Replaced M107 with LRR Scoped

Replaced M16A2 with G36a

Replaced M1014 with M16A2

Replaced MR43 with AK_74

Replaced AK74_U with AK_107 Kobra

Of course this includes the needed ammunition as well.

Updated to 0.998 + Taviana. Details on how to join / install are on the first post now.

Changes made thus far today:

1. 204 more vehicle spawns (80% on smaller isle)
  2. Fixes for spawn issue
  3. New spawn points added, old spawn points removed (spawning in ocean no more!)

4. Fixed issues with the Arma2OA Profile on server, map tracking should now work and crosshairs are now again off.

5. Fixed issues with loot not correctly spawning inside some buildings.

i tried for 2 hours to get this to work last night, to no avail. Even followed the guide you provided, nothing worked. Epoch and I must not be meant to be. :(

i tried for 2 hours to get this to work last night, to no avail. Even followed the guide you provided, nothing worked. Epoch and I must not be meant to be. :(

Do you have some type of communication service (i.e. Skype) that I could assist you?

I have Steam and Skype, you have a preference?

I have Steam and Skype, you have a preference?

Certainly don't, either is fine, simply reply and let me know what they/it is.

Sent a PM with info, I'm online on both at the moment.

Edited by RRP47

Updated map changes, Traders and their Hubs should be in tonight!

• Updated Client to 0.999
  • Updated Server to 0.999
  • Changed MaxPing from 250 -> 350.
  • Changed frequency of vehicles and road debris.
  • Changed overall spawn radius of vehicles and road debris.
  • Fixed a few loot locations where you could fall through the floor.

Trader Hubs are in. Trader's themselves are in (but) not currently functioning.

• Updated to DayZ Epoch 1.0
  • Traders are now also working
  • Changed view distance to 1500m
  • Removed Fog
  • Lowered Rain chance to 20%

Updated DayZ Epoch client to v1.0.0.1