http://www.dayzmod.info/ Is back up on a brand-new server!

If you have problems visiting it; Refresh the page once. This should reset the DNS

Heya everyone,

I'd like to inform you about one of my recent "side projects" I have been working on.

http://www.dayzmod.info/

It's a basic website in which I'm gathering all maps, tutorial and general knowledge I ran across here on the forums and other websites and combining them into one big compilation for easy usage. It is far from done and currently only has some basic info on it. I do not wish to infringe any copyright so if I used something that is yours please let me know so I can correctly credit you!

Also, if you guys have anything to contribute I would gladly receive it at contact@dayzmod.info or just in in this forum post.

Happy surviving!

low res' date=' we cant see roads :/

[/quote']

Click the links, they go to the full size maps.

low res' date=' we cant see roads :/

[/quote']

Click the links, they go to the full size maps.

lies ! Just the ones found on the net

Lies, huh.

Okay, I'll play.

First statement: "low res, we can't see roads"

Response: "Click the links"

First map:

Full HQ Chernarus map 

The path of the hypertext reference leads to:

http://www.dayzmod.info/images/mapfull.jpg

3000x2900 can not be called low-res in our current day and age and the roads are clearly visible, even on my second screen (which is rather small).

Little cheap there' date=' don't you think? :/

[/quote']

Yeah. I considered a full website but decided to keep it as "basic" as possible. The reason for this is traffic and load cost. The website is currently hosted on a basic server and I don't want to be it as slow as the dayz main website.

I want it to be simple and accessible and imho I accomplished that but your feedback is always welcome!

I remember when I started playing, and there was the thrill of not knowing where I was going, having to memorize locations by landmarks and such. Now people have customized maps telling them where to go for what loot. Where's the fun?

you dont get it.

That map is from the net, the maps i want with roads are the loot ,deer hunter tower :/

No one is forcing you to use to website. For example; every game has walktroughs, cheats, full information pages. You yourselves decide how you wan't to experience your game.

No one is forcing you to use to website. For example; every game has walktroughs' date=' cheats, full information pages. You yourselves decide how you wan't to experience your game.

[/quote']

Exactly.

He said pirated doesn't work (he tried for hours), so i think its ok... But atleast a install, starting guide of some sort, that has all the above guide have would be nice

He said pirated doesn't work (he tried for hours)' date=' so i think its ok... But atleast a install, starting guide of some sort, that has all the above guide have would be nice

[/quote']

For now I uploaded the "sheet/picture" one but I intend on converting it to an actual html page.

No one is forcing you to use to website. For example; every game has walktroughs' date=' cheats, full information pages. You yourselves decide how you wan't to experience your game.

[/quote']

Understandable. But you also have to realize, up until very recently these weren't available. All we could look up was a map of the general area. And to say we decide, well, who in their right mind is going to turn down a map of all the loot areas/deer stands/etc? The only thing preventing the widespread availability of these was the lack of a centralized website, now we have that.

To make it clear, i'm not hating on your website and your contribution overall, just stating what effect it has on the already declining state of the game