Sign in to follow this  
eg_e_daniel@hotmail.com

Hey, I need YOUR opinion ! :)

Hey guys, I need your opinion on these 2 right here :) theres a intro and an outro. for DayZ vids, and I ned your opinion on the choice of music, I will let u know that these are not illegal to use tracks, as I have written permission from the owners to use these in my videoes for commercial use :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JsLSnL2dDc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCevU5NPWaE

• Like 1

I like the 28 Days Later one better.

I like the 28 Days Later one better.

Yeah, but you think I should have the same one for both the intro and outro ? the 28 days one is the intro, if I'm gonan use that for both of em, I think I'll go with the calmer part of the tune, if yoou know what I mean ? :)

I'd go with part of the build up or main section for the intro and then more of a decrescendo/end of main section type thing for the outro.

I think I like the third one better.

You so funny.

I like the 28 days later intro, I think your outro should depend on the ending to your video.

You so funny.

I like the 28 days later intro, I think your outro should depend on the ending to your video.

Ok, so changing the tune per vid ? It's doable, but I'd still like to have a default one :P Shoudl I keep working or use one of the 3 outro's I've alrdy tried ? :)

They look good!

Are you using AE? If so have you tried using the "wiggle" effect. You can add it to anything if you want natural random movement and tweak the constraints, it's really easy. If you add it to your cam you'll get a more natural "camshake" movement, or you could add it to the other layers but it'd work best on the cam for what you're doing. You can adjust it so it's really subtle but would work well.

I used it for an intro I made that had a similar effect of the cam moving through layers in 3d space, when you do a RAM preview it doesn't always look great but when you render the final scene it can look very natural because of the randomness. You can add the effect to lights too for a great flickering effect or anything else in your scene (object scales, rotation ect).

You can either drag/drop the effect onto your cam or add it as an expression and adjust the values there.

If you're already using that then ignore me, it just looked like you'd done it manually because the cam has the same movement in each clip and twice in the first.

Edited by Fraggle

Hello there

My 2 pence.

When I'm rooting through Youtube vids I usually get very bored very quickly with having to watch custom intros. I personally prefer outro's only where I can find any relevant info.

If I get to the outro It's because the vid has kept my attention.

Then again I may well be in the minority.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Hello there

My 2 pence.

When I'm rooting through Youtube vids I usually get very bored very quickly with having to watch custom intros. I personally prefer outro's only where I can find any relevant info.

If I get to the outro It's because the vid has kept my attention.

Then again I may well be in the minority.

Rgds

LoK

These are outro's tho :) Well all except the first, the intro is something I'll use infront of longer vids, while the outro is something I'll use in all of the clips. So I am just struggeling with th e part to add the music/tune to it, a fitting one.

But thanks tho, I like any kind of feedback :)

They look good!

Are you using AE? If so have you tried using the "wiggle" effect. You can add it to anything if you want natural random movement and tweak the constraints, it's really easy. If you add it to your cam you'll get a more natural "camshake" movement, or you could add it to the other layers but it'd work best on the cam for what you're doing. You can adjust it so it's really subtle but would work well.

I used it for an intro I made that had a similar effect of the cam moving through layers in 3d space, when you do a RAM preview it doesn't always look great but when you render the final scene it can look very natural because of the randomness. You can add the effect to lights too for a great flickering effect or anything else in your scene (object scales, rotation ect).

You can either drag/drop the effect onto your cam or add it as an expression and adjust the values there.

If you're already using that then ignore me, it just looked like you'd done it manually because the cam has the same movement in each clip and twice in the first.

Well it was made using a free template in AE, but I do not hav eethis myself, a person from youtube asked me if I needed any intro, and that she could make me one using a free template and AE.

What your saying sounds very interesting and would be cool to see it done, but to be honest, this person has done alot for me already and is kind of busy so I can't get myself to ask her :)

And as for the music, it is really hard finding something :) me personally I sorta like most of these, and some other tunes I tried, but these were winners for me, I just wan't to know if their usable, and not too much/little or if its just completely off, I'd like people to tell me before I start using them :)

Thanks alot for the tip tho :) Apreciate it !

• Like 1

apologies I only saw two vids I thought any others were just reposts :)

You also have to think about who your target audience is. Kids like whizzbang stuff and may adore a long intro, whilst us grumpy old folk may prefer something a little more sedate.

Moral=do your market research :)

L

apologies I only saw two vids I thought any others were just reposts :)

You also have to think about who your target audience is. Kids like whizzbang stuff and may adore a long intro, whilst us grumpy old folk may prefer something a little more sedate.

Moral=do your market research :)

L

I only had a animation with a donkey punching the screen so it chattered lasting about 6 sec earlier, and used it only in some vids ... But I've gotten alot of PM's about getting an intro and stuff, and the audience is pretty spread ! but about the outro, which one would u say I should use ? to be honeest I'm thinkign the first one with the sorta scary ding sounds, or the ending of the 28 days later tune, cause that's very calm, which in my opinion fits better than a very lively tune for the outro.

D

Hello there

Again, do yer research :) but I prefer the plinky one as I'm sooooo bored of that 28days later track being so overused. I used to really like it, but now its been in so many 'tubes/adverts/etc it's becoming cliche IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Yeah ok, that was my original plan anyways :) and The 28 days later one was hte best one I've found ( free to use ofcourse ) a problem is gettign the permission to use the tunes aswell :)

Honest opinions are great tho :) thanks for ur pence, and ur opinions ^_^

DP

oK, THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE REPLIES, i'LL CHECK AROUND AND SEE WHAT i'LL DO sorry for startign with caps lol ... just got out of DayZ .. that comm hotkey ! Anyways thanks for the feedback, and Stay alive ! :D

• Like 1

Check out Freesound for some great royalty free tunes, sound effects ect. You can search for different tunes or ambient sound effects or whatever you need really, I use it all the time and there's some very good stuff on there if you have a proper look.

Edited by Fraggle

Check out Freesound for some great royalty free tunes, sound effects ect. You can search for different tunes or ambient sound effects or whatever you need really, I use it all the time and there's some very good stuff on there if you have a proper look.

Thanks, I got some hours lookin for sounds now .. :P Hopefully I'll find something ... I got another intro for my vids that aren't dayz aswell, and I don't want a theme or anythign for that, just fitting sound. So thanks alot for the site. I actually didn't know about it.

• Like 1