zPyro

L85A2 AWS Removed but not replaced

After doing some snooping; it appears I have an original, albeit somewhat whiny query.

I had an L85A2 AWS that I pulled off a Bandit, I new it was being banned and that they'd never spawn again.

So I figured I'd have mine until I died and then the gun wouldn't be loot-able off my corpse.

I jumped onto a hive server after the gun was originally removed and was very surprised to see my character still holding the AWS.

With all this talk of the Holo replacing the AWS, I was expecting to see it replaced in my inventory as such.

All this supporting my first theory.

So now I just logged on again today, long after the AWS has been removed and see that I have no Primary Gun at all.

Not the AWS, not the Holo, not even a bare M4A1 to match all this Stanag I'd acquired.

So basically, I'm asking, What Gives!?

[Edit] For those who couldn't follow my timeline, I acquired the AWS WELL before the ban, in like 1.7.3 or so.

I've been playing private hives since I got tired of people bouncing to low pop servers when things got rough.

Or to log back in behind you in order to murder you.

I'd rather of seen the AWS replaced with the HOLO in the spawn tables, vehicles, tents, backpacks and people's inventory.

They use the same ammunition and deal the same damage.

Edited by zPyro

You're holding a removed weapon and you expect them to give you another?

Dude that's like getting a hacked in weapon and then after being kicked asking for another weapon you should of just left it.

Read it propperly.

he had the weapon PRIOR to it being removed, And it was just taken.

I mean in all fairness they can do what they want and dont have to replace people's inventorys :)

Just thank your stars that your admin didn't ban you for using banned weapons.

(Not saying you are at fault or anything, just telling you what happens a lot of times.)

The weapon was removed from the game. They aren't going to give you any compensation for taking it away. Just go find yourself a heli crash and get a L85 Holo, or L85 Susat.

Connected to a main hive server for the first time since 1.7.6 last night and mine has also disappeared in to thin air. After giving the M4 CCO SD I had in my pack to a friend (who lost it soon after) all I have now is a measley Enfield and I've been to Balota airstrip, the deer stands and all the deer stands between Kamenka and Zel without finding anything better.

R.I.P. L85 AWS. </3

It's all good though, I felt like a complete bastard thermal scanning tree lines when I knew there was a 99.9% chance that I was the only person in the server with one anyway. xD

Also, this isn't a suggestion. Moving to DayZ General Discussion.

Edited by mZLY

(Not saying you are at fault or anything, just telling you what happens a lot of times.)

How was he using a banned weapon? It wasn't banned when he was using it. Read the post...

• Like 1

If it is a public hive, you cannot be banned for holding a weapon that is no longer in the game.

If it is 'banned' it is banned from spawning. It being 'replaced' is it being replaced from spawning.

If it is a public hive, you cannot be banned for holding a weapon that is no longer in the game.

If it is 'banned' it is banned from spawning. It being 'replaced' is it being replaced from spawning.

They actually disappeared out of our hands. They're gone, lol.

They actually disappeared out of our hands. They're gone, lol.

I thought the OP said that his stayed.

I thought the OP said that his stayed.

So now I just logged on again today, long after the AWS has been removed and see that I have no Primary Gun at all.

^^

^^

I really should learn to read xD

Although, I'm pretty sure in the earlier updates that it would stay.

But I might be wrong.

Edited by Auslovich

Yup, it was removed completely in 1.7.6.

Oh, come on, it's not that hard to find another weapon.

Oh, come on, it's not that hard to find another weapon.

It actually was.

I had that pissing Enfield all day! Then I trecked up to the NW airfield and found an M240, which I proceeded to lose in the grass when I went to hatchet a goat. I hate myself sometimes...

Then I went to Stary and there wasn't much there, just 2 boxes of M240 ammo and an AK-74 with no ammo...

Edited by mZLY

It actually was.

I had that pissing Enfield all day! Then I trecked up to the NW airfield and found an M240, which I proceeded to lose in the grass when I went to hatchet a goat. I hate myself sometimes...

Then I went to Stary and there wasn't much there, just 2 boxes of M240 ammo and an AK-74 with no ammo...

Oh, yeah, trying to find the L85A2 AWS was ridiculously hard, as it was so rare.

I think maybe they have removed all the existing L85 AWS and now made the L85 holo spawn in their place (with greater chance of find?)

I just found an L85 holo in a loot pile at NW airfirld.

OP himself says he knew the gun was about to be removed. He knew they'd never spawn again. Although he didn't think it'd happen before his death, he clearly knew the L85 AWS wouldn't be a part of his inventory forever.

He had time to exchange it for something else. He had time to drop it. He chose not to.

In what world are you allowed to expect that they'd simply GIVE you a new weapon when you insisted on carrying something you were told way before time was going to get removed? I don't follow.

To be fair, we were never told it would disappear if we already had one, lol. It's not a big deal though...

No, but you were told it'd be removed from the game. And the talk about the unfairness of the AWS-scope had been going on for months. How can you then not expect it to also be removed from your inventory?

Edit: Hell, OP himself even says that he was surprised to find his character still holding the weapon after the initial update.

Edited by aHzdaNny

Because it was removed from the loot piles months ago, and only disappeared from my inventory when I updated to 1.7.6. A little heads up so we could ditch it for another weapon would have been nice, lol.

He wasent using a banned weapon! He was using a weapon that was removed from the loot tables. NOT BANNED!
  • Like 1