Sign in to follow this  
mzltv

DayZ/ArmA Physics

I have a question regarding the Standalone, and was just wondering if anyone had seen something I hadn't regarding the subject. Basically, there's one thing in my book that stops DayZ Mod from being absolutely epic - and it's not a fault of the DayZ developers, but more a fault of the Armed Assault physics.

It's when you run down a hill/down some stairs, and do the whole "launched a few metres ahead, with your survivor locked in a motionless stance as he flies forward to his inevitable broken legs" thing.

It kind of worries me, because whilst the Armed Assault 3 Alpha (yes, I'm taking into account the fact it's an alpha) does seem a lot more fluid, I feel theres also something very resemblant to the physics from Armed Assault 2.

Has there been any infomation provided as to how/if this issue is going to be fixed with the engine revamp? I can't help but think if this physic is left unaddressed, it's going to cause some major criticism to fall on the Standalone, not to mention limit the gameplay.

Apologies if this is an 'OMFG, LEARN 2 SEARCH SCRUB' thread.

To safeguard my reputation, and by means of a pre-emptive apology, I additionally attach this photo of a swagged out goat. Doesn't he look content?

I believe my goat photo will not display due to it coming from an 'Untrusted' photo hoster. If you feel like you have been cheated out of a thread view, please visit the aforementioned photo here

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 2

Goat pic doesn't load for me on chrome. Therefore your post is invalid.

I too would like to see better avatar handling.

L

i would guess it's being addressed but TBH I really have no idea.

This is my biggest gripe with DayZ/Arma 2 as well. Zeds batter you and you stand perfectly still, falling from heights you fall feet first, shot out of a chopper you fall laying down, a car runs you/zed over and usually you stay where you are and fall down instead of bouncing off etc etc. I really hope they do something to make it just a little more realistic.

Edited by Timboski

Also I don't see the goat either. Please fix this asap.

It was somewhat addressed in Arma 3 as far as I'm aware, but whether it's still in DayZ, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

It's not really a game breaker for me. It just means you need to be slightly more careful around ledges and stairs.

Please see my edited spoiler for those complaining about the goat image.

Kind regards,

Harry

I don't think there's been any announcements about the new physics from Arma 3 being ported to DayZ SA.

The SA is being built in the TOH engine, which is just an evolution of the Arma 2 engine. After they released TOH, they demonstrated the Arma 3 engine using a brand new physics engine.

TOH did introduce a new physics system for helicopters though... so the SA might have better helicopter controls?

p.s.

Complete offtopic-ery: There is no game called Armed Assault 2 or 3. Arma is a latin word (and many European languges) to do with arms/armour/soldiers/defense. The games are:

• Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis (now ARMA: Cold War Assault)
  • Operation Flashpoint: Elite
  • ARMA: Armed Assault (A.K.A. ARMA: Combat Operations)
  • ARMA 2
  • ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead / ARMA 2: Combined Operations
  • ARMA 3

• Like 3

Please see my edited spoiler for those complaining about the goat image.

Kind regards,

Harry

Still not working even when I manually add the g to the end of the url. You suck at the internet mate, sorry to have to say that.

It's working fine for me when I click it...

You suck at the internet mate, sorry to have to say that.

I'm trying hard, doesn't that count!?

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 1

Armed Assault

Isn't it just Arma now? I now the logo is stylised ArmA but I think they dropped the full title after the first game. Sorry to be a pedant but I just thought I should mention it.

EDIT: ActionMan beat me to it.

Edited by Ingasmeeg