Sign in to follow this  
Snilex

Vehicles....

If the subject I'll be typing about have been taken up by the devs or if someone else have suggested it you can skip this thread.

I have not found anything about it.

But vehicles, yes. Right now in the mod it's kind of stupid, if you crash enough the vehicles blow up. I don't find that very realistic, the few times it have happend for me I always look around for Chuck Norris. Therefore vehicles should be able to handle more damage when driving them into things. This beeing said, I still like that vehicles can be damaged and stop work but not explode. ATV and tractors have this issue alot, they can't take alot of damage and even if the engine is green(I have experienced), if you hit a sand corn it will blow you to the moon and stars. Now this I think only goes for ground vehicles like trucks, cars and ATV. Or give vhicles a 20% chance that they blow up if crashed in high speed or shot at.

When it comes to air crafts I think they shouldn't blew up so easy either but if you take it nose first in the ground you probably gonna have your head go through your ass. But you should be able to crash land a heli or a plane. But if you hit trees, buildings or ay other stopping points the crash will kill you. Or atleast have a X% to kill.

There are so many factors in the mod that will kill you without a doubt while in real life situations where you nicely get control of a heli but still hits the ground you will make it out alive. While in the mod, the second the nose touch the ground it goes boom.

So basicly, Aircrafts should be able to be crashlanded if losing of a heli but still maintaining enough control to take down the aircraft safely enough to not make it blow up. And ground vehicles should not blow up as easy. You should be able to use vehicles as aiming targets and it will still stand there but the visual damage will be shown.

• Like 2

If the subject I'll be typing about have been taken up by the devs or if someone else have suggested it you can skip this thread.

I have not found anything about it.

But vehicles, yes. Right now in the mod it's kind of stupid, if you crash enough the vehicles blow up. I don't find that very realistic, the few times it have happend for me I always look around for Chuck Norris. Therefore vehicles should be able to handle more damage when driving them into things. This beeing said, I still like that vehicles can be damaged and stop work but not explode. ATV and tractors have this issue alot, they can't take alot of damage and even if the engine is green(I have experienced), if you hit a sand corn it will blow you to the moon and stars. Now this I think only goes for ground vehicles like trucks, cars and ATV. Or give vhicles a 20% chance that they blow up if crashed in high speed or shot at.

When it comes to air crafts I think they shouldn't blew up so easy either but if you take it nose first in the ground you probably gonna have your head go through your ass. But you should be able to crash land a heli or a plane. But if you hit trees, buildings or ay other stopping points the crash will kill you. Or atleast have a X% to kill.

There are so many factors in the mod that will kill you without a doubt while in real life situations where you nicely get control of a heli but still hits the ground you will make it out alive. While in the mod, the second the nose touch the ground it goes boom.

So basicly, Aircrafts should be able to be crashlanded if losing of a heli but still maintaining enough control to take down the aircraft safely enough to not make it blow up. And ground vehicles should not blow up as easy. You should be able to use vehicles as aiming targets and it will still stand there but the visual damage will be shown.

That is the ArmA II engine, not the mod, the engine is a few years old now and didn't implement proper vehicle mechanics.

As far as I know the ArmA III has improved the vehicle mechanics, and I'm guessing standalone will improve it in a similar manner. However, the vehicle collisions mechanics, like visual damage, does not appear to be under maintenance so you'd be asking for a lot to improve that.

But in saying all of this, I would love to see the mechanics to vehicle collisions to be improved. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by Mitunzz_
  • Like 1

That is the ArmA II engine, not the mod, the engine is a few years old now and didn't implement proper vehicle mechanics.

As far as I know the ArmA III has improved the vehicle mechanics, and I'm guessing standalone will improve it in a similar manner. However, the vehicle collisions mechanics, like visual damage, does not appear to be under maintenance so you'd be asking for a lot to improve that.

But in saying all of this, I would love to see the mechanics to vehicle collisions to be improved. Thanks for the suggestion.

it would be nice to see in a new dev-blog how and if they got rid of some major arma II bugs and immersion killers

we have a custom base on a private hive server and I was just trying to reverse a uaz out from a poor parking position, I nudged a little bird we had on the heli pad and boom..... BOOM BOOM BOOM every vehicle we had in the base blew up in a chain reaction including the bus we were using as a rolling door. we have all had plans foiled by the poor vehicle physics but as previously mentioned it should be addressed in the stand alone and is an engine issue that cannot be corrected on a mod level, as frustraiting as it is we have to live with it for now.

I think vehicles should Never explode, when crashed into things, except maybe if The Things are on Fire ^^.

Even shooting a with smallarms Car seldom makes it go Boom.

Regarding The "vehicles should be able to Take more damage" Argument, there is a Episode of Top gear where they demonstrate what you have to do to destroy a old Toyota pickup Truck. If i find The Vid on Youtube I am going to Post it Here, unless I forget ^^.

Edited by UmBe
  • Like 1

I think vehicles should Never explode, when crashed into things, except maybe if The Things are on Fire ^^.

Even shooting a with smallarms Car seldom makes it go Boom.

Regarding The "vehicles should be able to Take more damage" Argument, there is a Episode of Top gear where they demonstrate what you have to do to destroy a old Toyota pickup Truck. If i find The Vid on Youtube I am going to Post it Here, unless I forget ^^.

To make sure we see it in case you forget:

• Like 3

And yet in DayZ you just have to hit a sunflower and an ATV will blow up as if it was crashed by a tank with exsplosives attached to it.

They really have to re-work the engine for vehicule... some time the vehicles fell so light, your car skid left and right and if you take a jump ramp, you can do a pretty good ump without any damage

It'd be an issue fixing the vehicle engine, even if they use ArmA III's engine for the moment I'd be happy.

I seem to remember Rocket briefly mentioning different stages of visual destruction (purely superficial) as being likely to become part of SA.

Whether it's in progress or not I don't know. But it would be cool to be able to smash up a car like you can in GTA and the like. (doors/panels dented/falling off etc.)

Realistic vehicle damage would be amazing in the standalone. They should be able to get dented and twisted to the point where the car becomes useless.

Death and injury should be something to fear when driving a vehicle in DayZ, too. If you ram your car into a wall at high speeds or get into a head-on collision, it won't be pretty.