Sign in to follow this  
Ziliphade

Mike Tyson zombies

I never said developers using a RNG is bad. It's impossible not to use a RNG!!! My point is that there should be boundaries to what a zombie can and cannot do. Sure it should be able to hit for an amount of bloody damage controlled by the RNG, but it shouldn't have a chance of a knock out shot. Why? Because there is no defence. If there was a helmet you could wear that stopped KO's then fine, you there isn't one. This impacts seriously on gameplay for a single user. Impacting gameplay is BAD NEWS for players.

Now in answer to a few points made by posters above:

"I fail to see what's so ridiculous about there being a small chance of getting one hit knocked out by zombies. If anything it makes sense for it to be there and should probably happen more often. "

Because a single player has no defence against it. In a group environment at least another player can use an epi-pen to save their partner. It's a bit like how overpowered blood bags are for groups as they can't be used solo. Unlike a real life scenario when a zombie may very well be able to knock out somebody, the developers should factor in gameplay for all types of players.

"Yeah I am going to have to agree that the very minimal chance you have of getting knocked out by zed should remain. To me it's almost like the bullets in game. I've been one shotted with a M1911 at full health and was TKO and broken leg. So basically my point being the zeds need something going their way and just pretend he slit your throat or some dumb shit when you get KOd.

Also I have been driving vehicles in this game for awhile and it really is not that hard to keep it out of the zeds range. Maybe it's just me but I believe I have only been hit by one ever while driving and I didn't bleed or anything. I just pay attention and don't try to go on splatter sprees anymore."

Firstly, I could be very wrong here but you only get a broken leg if you're actually hit in the leg, right? Also, what are the exact mechanics for getting KO'd? I'm sure that getting below 6K blood has an effect on it. Is I mentioned before, increasing damage (blood) is fine and maybe even increasing infection/broken leg chance (although the broken leg system is a bit pants as far as morphine is concerned). It's not about making zombies easier, it's about making the gameplay better.

As far as driving is concerned, it didn't really matter before the last patch (1.6x) as zombies a) couldn't damage vehicles, B) couldn't damage people in or on vehicles, c) couldn't pull people out of/off vehicles, and d) didn't spawn when a person was on/in a vehicle.

"Unfortunately to the people playing. RNG is a load of bollox. EVERYTHING in this world can not be predicted. there's these wonderful things called "chance" "luck" and the "Chaos Theory".

in the real world if 1 guy hits you 30 times. the first punch MIGHT knock you out. OR chaos would cause it to be the 3rd hit."

Rubbish. If you think that it's total chance when you knock somebody out or not you're an idiot. It's like saying that it's 50/50 between 2 boxers if they hit each other the same number of times. It's down to the right punch at the right time. Increasing the punch strength will obviously increase the chance of a KO, but there are many other factors involved as well, so saying it's just chance of the chaos theory is quite frankly pathetic.

"LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

the sooner everyone gets used to that idea, the sooner we can progress as humans and evolve.

ALL games have an element of RNG, and the ones that don't, usually aren't very fun. Warcraft is 99% RNG based.... and look how many people play that? So RNG can't be that much of a bad thing."

People play a game to get away from life. To play something that doesn't exist in life even. Most importantly, they play a game for enjoyment. Making a game unenjoyable by making it unfair is rather stupid.

Don't know about you, but life is generally fair. You can be unlucky and get shat upon if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, but in most cases you get what you make of it. People who say life is all about chance and luck and are generally lazy fucks that try to make excuses for their own incompetence.

Edited by herbster

My last post now confirmed, with a little bit of trolls-pepper dashed in for that burning bitter flavor.

You failed to treat zombies with the necessary respect. You died. Get over it.

There sure is defense against getting one-hit-knocked the fuck out.

Stay away from the zeds.

Used to be id was suicide to do the run full tilt through town thing.

It has been changed to make that a dangerous tactic again.

Stay. Out. Of. The. Zeds. Range.

That will be 10 bucks for the advice.

I accept PayPal.

I never said developers using a RNG is bad. It's impossible not to use a RNG!!! My point is that there should be boundaries to what a zombie can and cannot do. Sure it should be able to hit for an amount of bloody damage controlled by the RNG, but it shouldn't have a chance of a knock out shot. Why? Because there is no defence. If there was a helmet you could wear that stopped KO's then fine, you there isn't one. This impacts seriously on gameplay for a single user. Impacting gameplay is BAD NEWS for players.

Now in answer to a few points made by posters above:

"I fail to see what's so ridiculous about there being a small chance of getting one hit knocked out by zombies. If anything it makes sense for it to be there and should probably happen more often. "

Because a single player has no defence against it. In a group environment at least another player can use an epi-pen to save their partner. It's a bit like how overpowered blood bags are for groups as they can't be used solo. Unlike a real life scenario when a zombie may very well be able to knock out somebody, the developers should factor in gameplay for all types of players.

"Yeah I am going to have to agree that the very minimal chance you have of getting knocked out by zed should remain. To me it's almost like the bullets in game. I've been one shotted with a M1911 at full health and was TKO and broken leg. So basically my point being the zeds need something going their way and just pretend he slit your throat or some dumb shit when you get KOd.

Also I have been driving vehicles in this game for awhile and it really is not that hard to keep it out of the zeds range. Maybe it's just me but I believe I have only been hit by one ever while driving and I didn't bleed or anything. I just pay attention and don't try to go on splatter sprees anymore."

Firstly, I could be very wrong here but you only get a broken leg if you're actually hit in the leg, right? Also, what are the exact mechanics for getting KO'd? I'm sure that getting below 6K blood has an effect on it. Is I mentioned before, increasing damage (blood) is fine and maybe even increasing infection/broken leg chance (although the broken leg system is a bit pants as far as morphine is concerned). It's not about making zombies easier, it's about making the gameplay better.

As far as driving is concerned, it didn't really matter before the last patch (1.6x) as zombies a) couldn't damage vehicles, B) couldn't damage people in or on vehicles, c) couldn't pull people out of/off vehicles, and d) didn't spawn when a person was on/in a vehicle.

"Unfortunately to the people playing. RNG is a load of bollox. EVERYTHING in this world can not be predicted. there's these wonderful things called "chance" "luck" and the "Chaos Theory".

in the real world if 1 guy hits you 30 times. the first punch MIGHT knock you out. OR chaos would cause it to be the 3rd hit."

Rubbish. If you think that it's total chance when you knock somebody out or not you're an idiot. It's like saying that it's 50/50 between 2 boxers if they hit each other the same number of times. It's down to the right punch at the right time. Increasing the punch strength will obviously increase the chance of a KO, but there are many other factors involved as well, so saying it's just chance of the chaos theory is quite frankly pathetic.

"LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

the sooner everyone gets used to that idea, the sooner we can progress as humans and evolve.

ALL games have an element of RNG, and the ones that don't, usually aren't very fun. Warcraft is 99% RNG based.... and look how many people play that? So RNG can't be that much of a bad thing."

People play a game to get away from life. To play something that doesn't exist in life even. Most importantly, they play a game for enjoyment. Making a game unenjoyable by making it unfair is rather stupid.

Don't know about you, but life is generally fair. You can be unlucky and get shat upon if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, but in most cases you get what you make of it. People who say life is all about chance and luck and are generally lazy fucks that try to make excuses for their own incompetence.

Working as intended.

DayZ isn't your normal hand-holding game. There are consequences and it isn't always fair and you should respect it for that.

Now stay away from Mike Tyson zombies.