ChrisRayne

Drinking from Sources

Since you no longer spawn with a canteen, you should be able to drink straight from lakes or wells or pipes. Obviously you can still use canteens, but if you're unlucky and don't find one you shouldn't be doomed to a slow and horrible death when in real life you would just drink from the source.

• Like 1

Agreed. It's fairly ridiculous dying of dehydration when there's an obvious water source but no canteens around.

Common sense, I'm sure it will be implemented eventually just as I'm sure there is a good reason why it hasn't been already.

Common sense' date=' I'm sure it will be implemented eventually just as I'm sure there is a good reason why it hasn't been already.

[/quote']

This. We'll see it down the road, I'm certain.

Especially since the fucking wells don't work. Seriously, I've 360ed around wells countless times trying to bring up the action menu to fill up my canteen, and no such things pops up.

Hopefully this "source drinkin" would rectify the current issue, and open up more possibilities for dangerous plans.

Especially since the fucking wells don't work. Seriously' date=' I've 360ed around wells countless times trying to bring up the action menu to fill up my canteen, and no such things pops up.

Hopefully this "source drinkin" would rectify the current issue, and open up more possibilities for dangerous plans.

[/quote']

Press G, right click on the canteen, select Fill Canteen, done. Just have to be close.

yeaah nice idea..

But everybody knows there are bacteria and shit like that.. what about if you drink so much often from water source you can get some disadvantages.I dont know maybe pain in stomach i dont know but some disadvantage.. what do you think?

Agreed with massively.

I agree whole heartedly...doesn't make sense that you can't drink from water sources I also think that hunger and thirst should be more realistic. People can go weeks without food and days without water they should have a more realistic approach to the whole system.

yeaah nice idea..

But everybody knows there are bacteria and shit like that.. what about if you drink so much often from water source you can get some disadvantages.I dont know maybe pain in stomach i dont know but some disadvantage.. what do you think?

If they want to make it more realistic they could add the pills the military uses to make water potable but another thing in my small inventory isn't exactly welcome.....

good idea, also as I suggested once to have the ability to fill water flask/drink rain.

Yup definitely agree with this, but maybe implement a chance of catching an infection/disease when drinking it from the source as if you have a canteen you will most likely have a filtration system built in.

Something I've considered for a while now. It needs to happen at least next patch

1.when you drink to much the chance of illnes gets higher

2.when a zombie died in the lake/sea the chance off became illnes gets higher for everyone who drink water from it after that

3. a lake/sea is clean after 14 ingame days after the moment of point 2.

4.the cleanes water is in bottles etc.

5.sick bastards can poisen lake/seas with special items

Agreed with massively.

Agreed. Makes no sense not too.

Find a lake with no water bottle? Die of thirst.

Since you no longer spawn with a canteen' date=' you should be able to drink straight from lakes or wells or pipes. Obviously you can still use canteens, but if you're unlucky and don't find one you shouldn't be doomed to a slow and horrible death when in real life you would just drink from the source.

[/quote']

Please

+111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111