Sign in to follow this  
lo4th

Windows 8 OA Crash to Desktop

I mainly have been trying to play DAYZ Origins however it crashes right when it says setup is complete or right after I spawn in.

Here are my specs

i7 3820

Asrock extreme 6

32gb of pc 1600

Nvidia 680 GTX FTW

here is the rpt.

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 006CA075

Allocator: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll

graphics: D3D9, Device: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680, Driver:nvd3dum.dll 9.18.13.1414

resolution: 2560x1440x32

Also I have enabled .NET Framework 3.5 after hours of work and installed direct x off of the OA disk.

I do not use steam

I have the latest stable drivers and beta driver both do the same thing

I have tried re installing twice and re installing the map twice

I use Dayz Commander

I really hope someone can help me out I have spent over 7 hours trying to fix this.

I upgraded my CPU and MOBO from an i7 930 and an Asus P6T and from Windows 7 Ult to Windows 8 Pro with a format and fresh install. The i7 930 setup with windows 7 and the same video card worked perfect. As soon as I reinstalled Arma 2 with Windows 8 is where the issues started happoning.

Thanks in advance

Russ

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll

Delete this file then run a steam validation check and make it re-download the file.

Also make sure you run arma 2 original and make a profile prior to joining any OA servers.

Im on windows 8 and i have no issues at all.

If not run as administrator, including steam.

I do not have the steam version, when i delete that file it just errors on tbb3malloc_bi.dll when i remove that file also it wont start at all. I have on a single monitor at the moment and I have tried 1920 x 1024 I have also started both before origins was installed.

what beta version are you running have you tried different versions

A little update arma 3 is crashing now...with the same rpt error