Griffith

Combine low round magazines

Any way to consolidate partial magazines say the enfield for example, I have a 3 and a 5 round magazine can I combine them to one 8 round magazine.

No.

This is something we will get with the Standalone.

All I can suggest is a retarded dance of dropping magazines/putting into backpack in order to have the smallest clip loaded. Not worth the dance tho...

You can combine shotgun slugs together or combine .45 ACP into M1911 bullets, but unfortunately there is no way to consolidate mags. It is a very silly and time consuming problem.

Also keep in mind that this is physically impossible in real life. I know it's a game, but there's still a high level of realism.

This would also horribly imbalance gameplay. One big disadvantage to some LMG's are the fact that some do low damage, but their pro is that they have a high magazine capacity. Just imagine people running around with AS50's or DMR's with 20,30,50 rounds in each mag and just spamming the trigger.

If I haven't convinced you, keep in mind that every single sniper rifle is a one-hit KO.

Edited by TheBambiAvenger

When I need the room in my inventory for the mags I will just shot the bullets out of the magazine that has the least amount of bullets at a zombie. Of course this is not the best idea when you are very low on ammo, its still very fun to do. :)

When I need the room in my inventory for the mags I will just shot the bullets out of the magazine that has the least amount of bullets at a zombie. Of course this is not the best idea when you are very low on ammo, its still very fun to do. :)

That's what I did too, but with refillable magazines in SA I don't think you'll have to do this.

No.

This is something we will get with the Standalone.

All I can suggest is a retarded dance of dropping magazines/putting into backpack in order to have the smallest clip loaded. Not worth the dance tho...

This is the main reason I'm looking forward to the new inventory system and magazine mechanics.

Also keep in mind that this is physically impossible in real life. I know it's a game, but there's still a high level of realism.

This would also horribly imbalance gameplay. One big disadvantage to some LMG's are the fact that some do low damage, but their pro is that they have a high magazine capacity. Just imagine people running around with AS50's or DMR's with 20,30,50 rounds in each mag and just spamming the trigger.

If I haven't convinced you, keep in mind that every single sniper rifle is a one-hit KO.

That makes no sense as he was on about a 30rnd stanag having 10rounds in it, and again with 20 in it, to combine to make it 30 (the max limit) so as you say, as50? you clip max = 10 so you couldnt exceed it, he just means having 1 clip with a single round in combining it with one with 5 for example, which in real life you can do easily. eject the round from the clip (or chamber) and depress it into the other magazine.

Simples :)

Although i will say he didint explain him self very well and was a little bit confusing about it. (im guessing hes not a english speaker)

Edited by ICU

How, exactly, is this physically impossible? He's referring to taking two clips for the Enfield and creating an 8 round reload. Literally, putting the strip clips together. To put into the rifle. Reloading the Enfield in ArmA and DayZ is pretty inaccurate. And combining mags to the max, such as two STANAG 5.56 at 18 and 23, respectively, then reloading one with the rounds from the other, giving you two mags with 30 and 11 rounds, respectively.