CorrosiveDragon

is there any real friendly survivors out there anymore

Stay away from Elektro and Cherno. Find people who are looking for people to join their groups via the forums. Never trust anyone in game you don't know. Unfortunately it's just the nature of the game.

Stay away from Elektro and Cherno. Find people who are looking for people to join their groups via the forums. Never trust anyone in game you don't know. Unfortunately it's just the nature of the game.

I actually found a friendly in electro once....

"once"

He was nice though. i found him a dead body to loot then we parted ways.

Edited by GOD™

There are plenty of friendlies. I've met a couple of them over the last week and we're friends now :)

I actually found a friendly in electro once....

"once"

He was nice though. i found him a dead body to loot then we parted ways.

Hah, people I typically play with are so jumpy in Cherno and Elektro that they still accidently shoot me from time to time.

yeah same i ran into some friendlys in electro but mostly i wont trust them, when im under geared is when im at my friendliest, but if im geared i tend to shoot on site at Winchester bandits. :)

I only shoot when fired upon. Most of the time I try to avoid people is they are a bandit Other than that I go to survivors, and fellow heros and try to be friendly with them.

Edit: Most of the friendlier players I seem to run into seem to be on other maps like Taviana, or Fallujah when it was big. When I play chernarus I seem to attract all the shoot on sight players towards me. :)

Edited by INickeragua

Edit: Most of the friendlier players I seem to run into seem to be on other maps like Taviana, or Fallujah when it was big. When I play chernarus I seem to attract all the shoot on sight players towards me. :)

Time for a deodorant change. :P

I tend to avoid all players as much as possible and choose my forays into built up areas very carefully. Every time I have wanted to help fellow players, I have died as a result. Then is only one player that I team up with now and it is Skadefroen. :)

I avoid anyone not in my teamspeak, I used to Kos but it get's boring after a while.

Friendlies are hard to come across, but when you do have a friendly encounter it can really make DayZ into something special.

One of my best random encounters was at night and as a new spawn.

I had run into another hatchet wielding new spawn a bit west of Balota and it was a pitch black night. I usually don't play when the nights are so dark, but this guy seemed willing so we pressed on - within ten minutes we had both managed to take severe damage from zeds - I had taken a hit from Mike Tyson and couldn't see straight. The guy seemed a bit green in some aspects, especially navigation, so I set out to lead us both to the hospital in cherno - for me it was a harrowing journey through the dark, my health flashing red, using the torch in short flashes, tip-toeing past zombies, all while the screen was bairly disernable because of the blurr. So I can just imagine what it would have been like for this relative bambi, following a total stranger through the utter darkness.

Finally we made it to the hospital and droped some chem lights. But this seemed to have been enough to let the near by zeds see us because suddenly we were agroing zeds left and right. In that tiny well of green given off by the chem light, back to back, we fought them off. I got hit once, then twice, then I was down for the count... but by some miracle I wasn't dead, only uncontious. It was a agonisingly slow count down (it must have been at least 60 seconds) all the while this guy was standing over my body swinging his hatchet like a mad man protecting me and calling to me, asking if i was still alive. Waking up after the 'hour glass' was one of the best moments I have ever experienced in a game - I wanted to hug him (There should be a hug animation!).

We healed each other, but then got split up ten minutes later while running from some zeds. I felt the love that night!

That said I have been bushwhacked many many more times than I have been befriended. You should be very cautious of everybody - but always keep a open mind. Because IMO random friendlies are as vital to Dayz as random bandits/

Edited by Hoik
  • Like 2

I kill anyone that threatens the safety of myself or my group, if i see someone running around i'll ask them how they're doing or what they're doing before i decide whether or not to open up on them. I rarely kill on site.. and when i do its because they're shooting at a un-armed player in cherno or elek.

If any of you guys are looking for a server with a decent amount of friendlies.. my server is in my sig,

Edited by IIParisII

I play friendly/neutral I don't take side, I don't help other people to kill someone. Me and my clan only kill people when our clan is in any form of threat.

A few days ago I had my first gun fight ever.

Two guys opened fire at us and we answer, they died. My clan is a friendly/neutral clan so we have strict rules about killing other players. If the reason isn't defensive there is no reason to shoot. We also don't enter someone elses dispute.

so do you shoot on site? hunt players down that are shooting at others when you dont know the story? what do you do?

Kos bandits. Never kill others. I don´t care who shot first, hunt bandit-skin-players down.

Edited by NoCheats

Well If a bandit is unarmed I will let him walk free. but if I see one with 'bandit' kind of weapons then I am KOS. I spend a lot of time helping others and I been away dayz a bit lately but I really would be up to join a group. doing everything alone can be dull.

I used to be a friendly Survivor(No i'm not gonna contiune this skyrim joke)

I found a Humvee gathered some food and supplies and wen't to Elektro and helped out freshly spawned people or gave them a lift to the next big city but there always be some douches that can only camp in bushes and shoot the crap out of you with an AS50 and that's how my good guy carrier ended, they stole my Humvee and killed me with a revolver to my head, i tried to recover waht's left but they took everything. I know it's PvP and i'm not mad about it, i would even surrender but killing someone is so much easier. I helped out a lot of people and even got my first hero skin, sadly it can end so fast you received it.

Edited by Warhog

I still play as a friendly. Sadly because of how messed up the humanity system works, and the fact I've had to defend myself, I'm about to achieve the bandit skin on DayZ origins. I believe on the original map i still hold like 3000 humanity or something so that's good to me at least. If you ever want to play with a friendly like myself you can just add my steam.

i am playing on a server now that is pretty friendly. i logged in after taking a beating the night before. i couldn't see straight and was trying to hunt on the coast, and it was not working. there were only 2 others on the server so i decide to ask them for some help and to my great surprise within about 5 minutes one of them jumps out of a car gives me a transfusion and goes on his way.

i was able to get back to my bike i had fixed up and cruise the countryside for a while. eventually i end up seeing the same guys one driving behind the other an hour or so later. i said hin on siechat complimented their vehicles and went on my way.

another hour goes by and im still being a hipster on my fixie when i see a chopper int he middle of a field, and two guys pointing guns at me. let them know its me again and reinforce that i am friendly. they offer me a ride which is awesome because i had never even been in a chopper before. during the trip they ask if i want a jeep. Umm, yes please?

they took me up to Northeast airfield and one guy disappears into the woods for a about 15 minutes comes back with a jeep, that has a fair amount of supplies in it and says here you go.

Easily the most awesome interaction i have had in this game. it was so nice it wore off on me and i was giving people free rides with the jeep later in the day and dint even get killed for my car! imagine that. caring, pass it on.

I've taken to hiding near the main roads and just "people" watching. It's become something I really enjoy.

I am in fact a Bandit Hunter who lives in Elektro, I only head to northwest airfield if I am with friends and thats simply because Bandits are not up there as often as you'd think.

But yes there are many friendly people. Its more about finding a server though, be it a private hive or a public. Find a serer or two to frequent and get to know the people, if they have a TS or vent server join em! You'll meet all kinds of awesome people.

As hostile as they come!

Disregard crappy quality, taken with phone because forget running Fraps just for a screenshot. ;\R107s0w.jpg

• Like 1

I'm friendly but the amount of times I have been killed when asking in direct if people are friendly has started to wear thin on me, I have found quite a few friendly players but usually only brief encounters, I even made friends with a bandit once :lol:

I felt bad the other day as I was in the control tower at balota doing some looting at night when I turned around and a dude appeared in the doorway with a hatchet, scared the shit out of me and he didn't even get a word in before I had put 30 rounds of 5.56 into him. Afterwards I wish I hadn't shot him

I've decided the best way to mess with people isn't to kill them. I just follow along behind them and throw cans. I hide when they look for me.

I felt bad the other day as I was in the control tower at balota doing some looting at night when I turned around and a dude appeared in the doorway with a hatchet, scared the shit out of me and he didn't even get a word in before I had put 30 rounds of 5.56 into him. Afterwards I wish I hadn't shot him

i have been in that same exact postion adn felt the same way, then again it was likely a him or me situation.

I've decided the best way to mess with people isn't to kill them. I just follow along behind them and throw cans. I hide when they look for me.

i hope this never happens to me. id be so paranoid

Edited by monkeybones

i have been in that same exact postion adn felt the same way, then again it was likely a him or me situation.

i hope this never happens to me. id be so paranoid

It's bloody hilarious. Whenever they aren't looking at me, I throw a can. If they don't take a food or drink item on their first go through, I replace them with correlating cans. I put cans in doorways they've been through.

Id like to be friendly but the amount of times ive been killed made me a little sour. If you see someone with Dagana in their name shout out friendly before trying to come to me. I have done a pretty good job of avoiding people lately but ive made a friend or too here or there. If you really out there to join up or make a temporary buddy id be more than happy to accompany you