ksnrichard

I'm new and ready for the Fight

Hello guys. I am as we speak downloading all the stuff needed for this game. I have been thinking about getting it for a while and now bitten the bullet and got it.

So what is the best thing to do when get online. Anyone fancy helping me.

• Like 1

To start off you need to find a good server, now by ALL MEANS do not join a server advertising "Apaches, 600+ Vehicles" or any bullshit like that, find a good hardcore server, something with low vehicles, you want the true DayZ feeling, not an Arma feeling. Quite honestly i couldnt reccomend an exact server, but avoid the servers i described the best you can. Ill look around and see if i can find a good server for you.

Edit: After five minutes of searching i found this, these guys look like good admins, and 42 vehicles is still pretty high from the original vanilla DayZ buts it probably the lowest you will find anywhere now a days. But get whitelisted on this server and give it a shot!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/91062-gb-wireworld-game-studio-cafe-and-bar-176-community-hive-testing-server-whitelist-only/

Edited by *Exile* Sami
  • Like 3

To start off you need to find a good server, now by ALL MEANS do not join a server advertising "Apaches, 600+ Vehicles" or any bullshit like that, find a good hardcore server, something with low vehicles, you want the true DayZ feeling, not an Arma feeling. Quite honestly i couldnt reccomend an exact server, but avoid the servers i described the best you can. Ill look around and see if i can find a good server for you.

Edit: After five minutes of searching i found this, these guys look like good admins, and 42 vehicles is still pretty high from the original vanilla DayZ buts it probably the lowest you will find anywhere now a days. But get whitelisted on this server and give it a shot!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/91062-gb-wireworld-game-studio-cafe-and-bar-176-community-hive-testing-server-whitelist-only/

Thank you mate. Will have a look when I get home. Is it still very active.

By active i assume you mean the server pop? Well ive never actually played on it but im sure many oldstyle hardcore DayZ players crave a server like this, so i would imagine a server like this may have a good population, but no promises.

By active i assume you mean the server pop? Well ive never actually played on it but im sure many oldstyle hardcore DayZ players crave a server like this, so i would imagine a server like this may have a good population, but no promises.

Yeah I also mean the game its self. Is it still very much active. Lots of players online. Its looks really good and I am looking forward to getting to grips with it.

Yeah I also mean the game its self. Is it still very much active. Lots of players online. Its looks really good and I am looking forward to getting to grips with it.

Oh yes, their are still a large number of players that still play DayZ, at least still enough to have some fun!

Walk into Cherno or elektro my friend, you will soon see how 'active' it is... if you want I could take you for an aerial tour of the map but I think for the first few days you need to experience what DAYZ is all about, how I miss the near death panic then the shear joy at finding that much needed Pepsi and can of beans! Ahhhh.

The player activity is dependent on how many people are on the server. If there's at least 10, chances are you'll run into someone in Cherno Elektro, but most servers have a cap at 50, which at that point you can't go anywhere near a city without seeing someone. But it can surprise you. The other day me and my group got attacked by a group of 3 in Cherno when there was only 9 people on the server, meaning only 2 players on the server where NOT in Cherno.

Most of your random encounters will at least start with hostility, so be sure to exercise caution in trusting randoms if you don't want to shoot on sight. You might want to stick to low pop servers until you get the hang of zeds and looting, but it's up to you. I got started on 30-40 player servers, it can be done, you just have to be ready to deal with a lot more bullets.

I fancy jumping right in. I'm going to die at some point and fancy a challenge. I can't wait to see how it plays. It seems you make your own story and you play exactly how you want.

Yeah it be nice to see the map from the sky.

I would rather play this then Cod this seems to have substance and you something most games don't longevity.

The player activity is dependent on how many people are on the server. If there's at least 10, chances are you'll run into someone in Cherno Elektro, but most servers have a cap at 50, which at that point you can't go anywhere near a city without seeing someone. But it can surprise you. The other day me and my group got attacked by a group of 3 in Cherno when there was only 9 people on the server, meaning only 2 players on the server where NOT in Cherno.

Most of your random encounters will at least start with hostility, so be sure to exercise caution in trusting randoms if you don't want to shoot on sight. You might want to stick to low pop servers until you get the hang of zeds and looting, but it's up to you. I got started on 30-40 player servers, it can be done, you just have to be ready to deal with a lot more bullets.

i was once on a server with 2 people, myself and a random, and i met him in the wilderness that is Guba Bay, Dayz does stuff like that some times.

Im new as well. I've got about 20 hours invested in playing and I have yet to see any other players.

There does seem to be plenty of players but with sooooo many servers its spread thin on many servers.

Thing I cant figure out is I chat or type and no one ever responds. I hear them and see their chat but its like im a ghost or something

Well what I can offer has been mentioned above, but I can say is expect to die. and to die a lot your talking in group chat i think, that with green text. what you need to do is hit the "/" key and the the down arrow until the channel on the bottom left is blue and reads "Side Channel" type in there

Edited by A_Moss_Herder

Well what I can offer has been mentioned above, but I can say is expect to die. and to die a lot

I hear this alot but im just not experiencing it. It can be tough when you first start a life but I must be missing something beyond that?

Now in dark souls I died A LOT

What am I missing? Picking the wrong servers perhaps? Or maybe this game just isn't as tough as it's made out to be?

Edited by GrampaMurkedU

Yep, my typing is always green. So I've been typing away all this time for nothing lol.

Damnit I thought the green type was just to highlight my words from everyone elses

Edited by GrampaMurkedU

Remember to use , and . to cycle through channels in chat. That confused me my first time. I've actually started out in the Ceasefire no pvp server with a group of friends so we can get our bearings. At least there's a bit less sniping and banditry in Elektro and Cherno than on normal servers.