Sign in to follow this  
Leo Leonardo III

Ban Appeal US 843

Hello, I was recently banned from US 843 for the simple act of raiding and destroying the mainland base run by CIA. I don't see how this breaks any compliance with server rules as we did not hack, and we simply used on site equipment to destroy...well...everything. I personally believe that we were banned out of anger rather than being given a legitemate reason. My friend was banned as well and I just felt it was a grave injustice in terms of the administration of the server. We genuinely enjoy the ]CIA[ gaming servers, but if this is what it's going to become: Us destroying the base in retaliation for destroying ours many times and then promptly getting banned for such a harmless offense, which is not even BREAKING THE RULES! Then i'm afraid I'd like to move on. The logs were checked to reveal that -yes- we did indeed destroy the base. BUT we did it all without hacking, cheating, and/or glitching....though i did steal quite a bit of equipment. I have immense respect for the administration of CIA, but when it comes to banning out of spite, that's when things start getting disgusting. Though i'm not going to lie, niether of us have any regrets.

Cheers,

Leo

• Like 2

I was banned from this server for "hacking" as well after I shot at some CIA dudes and stole a helicopter. I wouldn't bother with it.

even if you get unbanned would you want to stay for it to happen again? Move on to a better server, you don't have to put up with their shit.

• Like 2

Gews and Chris529 said it all. :)

I hope you find a better server where Admins are more friendly and are there to only Admin the server and not turn it in to their own Private Kingdom.

Lost count of how many times my base has been raided ... fair play ... pack up ... move to new location. :)

• Like 1

If I was you (as others have said) I would leave this thread up as a warning to others and find a server where the admins know how to do their jobs properly. Before long these guy's will have an empty server and it will be just them vs hackers, justice will be served.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

Leo: The ban you received was a 24 hour ban from one of my other admins, not myself. My admins use 24 hour bans to give me enough time to investigate the situation more before making a decision if there was hacking or not. Let me look into the situation and I will get back to you.

Gews, as for you: You were banned for hacking and it was even pretty clear on your thread that you created.

• Like 1

Gews, as for you: You were banned for hacking and it was even pretty clear on your thread that you created.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/111389-banned-from-us-843/

I can't read logs, all I know is

1. I wasn't hacking

2. I was banned for hacking

Being the only server I've been banned from, on any game, at any time, for any reason, 843 left a bad taste in my mouth. Attitudes from certain players also sucked (*cough Brock cough*).

• Like 1

I wonder what evidence of hacking the Admin has? Would be good to see, it could be a case of not reading the logs properly. I've seen a lot of hacking claims on here and many of them are a result of the admin mis-interpreting their logs.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

I wonder what evidence of hacking the Admin has? Would be good to see, it could be a case of not reading the logs properly. I've seen a lot of hacking claims on here and many of them are a result of the admin mis-interpreting their logs.

Here: http://pastebin.com/pMwayqGn

Gews, I would appreciate if you do not hijack Leo's thread. You had your own ban appeal for that. Even then it is extremely hard to misinterpret the logs that I provided as evidence for your hacking.

Here one of the log entries that I found for Leo. I still haven't talked to my admin about his ban.

setpos.log

10.03.2013 12:12:14: Leo Leonardo III (CENSORED) ff10fc830dcc7d877ad8ec520a03368d - #32 2:61 Volha_1_TK_CIV_EP1 [2627,5058,195]

Edited by FatalWaffles

As with what waffles says. You were given a temp ban. My admins do not ban for no reason nor for revenge. Get your facts right, and if your a hacker like Leo. well you know the answer to that.

• Like 1

Well I banned by Kilo. I'm still not sure why though, Dark got banned as well. I was told it was a perma-ban as i did not pay much attention to it because both kilo and rogue were ranting about how: "I was going to get it" and how "Dark was gonna take a vacation with me." I personally think the whole thing hilariously funny at the moment. Also, that log confuses me a little as i'm not really script saavy. What does it mean? I know for 100% fact that i wasn't cheating: Here's the full detail:

Me and dark began at our woodland base (which i will not give the location due to security details for my other crew) and proceeded to drive a green offroad to your base coords, which dark had found earlier that day by combing the north. After we got there and found your base, we proceeded to begin destroying and dismantling everything that we could....which was everything. After we ran out of ammo, we started using your on-site equipment such as the SAW i picked up from your Green UAZ to destroy other cars. We even used your own cars to destroy the tents. There was no hacking or scripting involved and as such i'm still curious as to why. After all of the bonfires and damage was done, me and dark proceeded back to our jeep (which we left about 1,000 meters away from your base so as to have a getaway vehicle JUST in case) and drove back to our woodland area. Simple as that. Then Kilo jumped on and that's where everything went hairy. I used YOUR weapons out of the car, which is to say the saw, one m249 mag, and 3 STANAGS. Nothing was spawned, and if it was it wasn't picked up, nor did i have any knowledge of such events.

*Edit* What kind of person WOULD need to hack in order to get that sort of job done!? All things considered there were MANY MANY different types of firearms and ammunition on-site for the taking and use.

Edited by Leo Leonardo III

I'm not sure they're any good, but i have screenshots! As Dark said we should've videotaped the ordeal. But i'm no hacker, and certainly not dark. We don't have knowledge of script nor how to use it in this game. Paco and Asher can both vouch for that.

Edited by Leo Leonardo III

Hi guys, its me Paco, (I'm with Leo, well in a group with him) and about the specific one that you mentioned fatal, he went up to a Huey that he had found and clicked add ammo. I have been with him quite a while and the majority of times it kicks him for script restrictions it is as he is joining, while it is still on the loading screen. I understand that there are most likely mistakes on both parties however I would like to personally vouch for Leo as I have been standing next to him when he has been kicked and he has never, to my knowledge, hacked purposefully.

Last week I was also banned from this server. I have some friends who play on this server, so would like to resolve any possible reasoning behind why I was banned.

All I can say is that one of my friends dropped me off into the sea via a dingy boat to acquire a bigger boat, or at least see what condition it was in. I attempted to drive the boat and it started to what I can best describe as 'bob' about erratically, seeing that something was wrong I attempted to eject from the vehicle, however I broke my characters leg and drowned...

After dying in this misfortunate manner I logged off for the night, however when I attempted to return the next day I find that I am banned from the server. I asked one of my friends to ask why this was so, apparently I was accused of 'spawning 12 boats', however this is simply not the case. I have done nothing but play the game fairly and would at least like to hear back from someone regarding my ban.

Vidofnir: Please don't hijack someone else's thread. Please create your own thread.

@Leo: Your ban will stay in-place due to the "SetPos" restrictions. I have yet to have any false positives come from this and because of that you will remain banned.

Your name is also registered on a few "hacking communities", which isn't exactly evidence, but just an observation.

Dang, the plot thickens!

jXrWTa9.png

Edit: that looks like the same cat avatar, too. Snap.

c0rpFPn.png

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/111389-banned-from-us-843/

I can't read logs, all I know is

1. I wasn't hacking

2. I was banned for hacking

Being the only server I've been banned from, on any game, at any time, for any reason, 843 left a bad taste in my mouth. Attitudes from certain players also sucked (*cough Brock cough*).

Those logs show a player Goose, presumably you, spawning in a hack box. It would take a lot of work to put your GUID, IP, and name into every single one of those logs, especially time stamps.

Edit: IP was censored out.

I have to sympathize with the owner of this server for people calling him and his admins abusive, I know how it feels.

Edited by TheDesigner
  • Like 1

Those logs show a player Goose, presumably you, spawning in a hack box. It would take a lot of work to put your GUID, IP, and name into every single one of those logs, especially time stamps.

Edit: IP was censored out.

Yup, I was playing as Goose and that is my GUID. I already discussed it here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/111389-banned-from-us-843/#entry1054101

I don't hack, so either there's been [a] a mistake of some kind, or there's been "mischief afoot", and not from me.

Back to the topic at hand, I think it's pretty conclusive. OP is not getting unbanned. :lol:

• Like 1

This saddens me for I do quite like this server but I do not want to abandon my group. I even had a Mk 48 and 12000 humanity. Alas

This saddens me for I do quite like this server but I do not want to abandon my group. I even had a Mk 48 and 12000 humanity. Alas

Hypothetically, let's just assume Leo wasn't hacking DayZ.

Even so, it would appear, by his registration on the hacker sites, that he still hacked some game, at some time. Now that's coming back to bite him.

Karma, I guess?

This is a very old thread and, alas, i don't have any shred of desire to be unbanned. I just would like to clarify one thing to set a record straight. I'm using an extremely common username (based on the popular webcomic by Scott Ramsoomair, VG Cats) and the profile picture is coincedentally common as well. You'll find that in steam as well. I'm not registered nor connected in any hacking communities, probably other people. But like I said, I hold no grudge, and all of you are very nice people, I hope the swell gaming continues and you all enjoy your respective dayz.

Cheers and goodbye,

Leo.