Sign in to follow this  
martinusn

Cannot play Dayz at all. Unbearable lag even on new PC.

So yeah i have struggled with this for months on my computer, my dad recently built a new pc and it has the same problem i am beginning to believe its our internet. I constantly get red or yellow desync and it lags 95% of the time i can barely move my character out of spawn. All other Arma 2 multiplayer and single player runs flawlessly even on my slower PC.

I will list pc specs for both if required but honestly that cant be the problem, is there ports that are specific to Dayz? Im open to any suggestion its gotten to the point where i am just about to give up and wait for standalone.

Edited by martinusn

I think DayZ dosen't like you very much...

But yes post your specs and let us have a look.

I'm having a similar problem, it allows me to play normally for a while then massive de synch

All my other games are fine and I can download movies ect in minutes just dayz has recently been doing this for me

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

What servers have you tried? Some servers are worse than others.

Don't forget to forward your ports on your router to the ones that DayZ uses.

Ok

My pc is an HP system :

Dual core E6550 2.4ghz

4gb ram

Dads is :

i5-3570K

8gm ram

The only difference i get when on his is it looks better and plays a little better before the lag, he still gets the same problems i do. They are both fine until the yellow desync comes then it starts. I noticed in the player list tab ping shoots up into the thousands of MS regardless of which server no matter if its close or not. My internet is uh 15-20mb generally never goes below that and has no D/C errors.

Edited by martinusn

Try some other games online and then if you get lag it's your Internet, my other games never have lag issues, just dayz

Try some other games online and then if you get lag it's your Internet, my other games never have lag issues, just dayz

I play MSO on ACE/ACRE and its mostly fine, i do get the same issues but it is no where near as prevalent as it is on Dayz.

I cant understand it though i really cant, the internet has no issues apart from this whole desync thing, is it too slow or something.

What servers have you tried? Some servers are worse than others.

Don't forget to forward your ports on your router to the ones that DayZ uses.

Umm i only play on official hive servers if that means anything, usually the ones with the best ping atleast trying to give myself a chance. But as i mentioned the MS shoots up anyway.

Is it a specific port Dayz uses? Or arma 2? If there is i would be very happy to know it, could atleast give it a shot and try open it, see if it does anything

Edited by martinusn

Do you have...

*dun dun dun*

...dial-up?

Do they even do dial-up anymore :P? Its the best i can get in my area, i am from the uk. Its Sky unlimited 20mb download speed of between 1.5 and 2.5kb/s. Sky is notoriously bad though, but i have not had any issues so far except with dayz.

Going to see how it is in Arma 3 alpha MP, hopefully its not the same.

Edited by martinusn

Do they even do dial-up anymore :P? Its the best i can get in my area, i am from the uk. Its Sky unlimited 20mb download speed of between 1.5 and 2.5kb/s. Sky is notoriously bad though, but i have not had any issues so far except with dayz.

Going to see how it is in Arma 3 alpha MP, hopefully its not the same.

That's your problem, is dial-up

or the 20mb download speed.

I have a 5gb cable and I get a very decent connection

Edited by McCullins

My friend had problems with DayZ all the time when he was on a limited upload plan. He had ~1MB/s download and ~20kB/s upload and it wasn't enough to maintain a solid connection, he would desync and get kicked all the time and it was only solved when he changed to an unlimited upload speed plan.

Arma 3 MP runs fine, had the desync issue once but it did not seem to cause me any lag issues. That is a real shame, can run A3 but not dayz :(

What do you mean 5GB cable? I am on an unlimited service, its not dialup i have no limits. I told you i am in the uk this is the best we can get without going fibre optic which i cannot get.

Edit: Haha i did not mean kb/s really sorry, i meant mb/s it was typo on my end :D

My friend had problems with DayZ all the time when he was on a limited upload plan. He had ~1MB/s download and ~20kB/s upload and it wasn't enough to maintain a solid connection, he would desync and get kicked all the time and it was only solved when he changed to an unlimited upload speed plan.

I dont have his connection speed though, i am in the same situation as he is. - and i am on an unlimited plan, well not unlimited upload dont know what you mean by unlimited upload?

2562991818.png

Edited by martinusn

I just updated arma 2 and dayz from commander things was looking up for a while... Ithought i would try a private hive for first time see if its better. Pick norwayhivegaming a population of 7. It has 33 ping when i join, i played for 5 minutes and then low and behold i get yellow desync, my ping gradually climbs from 33/34 to 1703 in increments of a 100 the lag is once again unplayable. This is what happens on every single server. Need to get it fixed before standalone.

It has to be something, say packet loss or a closed port. Never seen anything like it.

Edited by martinusn