THE_BURNDOWN

[POLL] Should zeds randomly knock out in one hit?

Should the zeds be able to knock you out on first hit?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. ^^^

• Yes.
    • At least not healthy players.
    • No.

Do you think the zeds are good knocking you out in a single hit?

I was approaching a helicrash today and pulled out my makarov to shoot a zed running towards me, but this bastard one-hit-knocks me instead. I had no way of killing him on first shot as the zed had a helmet.

In my opinion there must be another way to make the zeds more dangerous. They already give you effectively away for PvP.

What is your opinion?

Edited by THE_BURNDOWN

In my opinion I would say if you are infected then yes there could be a chance, but if you are a healthy survivor then no way, it would make the game a little frustrating.

tl;dr - got punched by zombie/butthurt

you can be knocked out only if have lower than 9k hp, so... your poll is already implemented in the game (answer 2)

you can be knocked out only if have lower than 9k hp

Lol I never knew this, I always thought it was a lot lower than 9k. That to me seems a little high, but I hardly get knocked out by zeds so it's not a big deal.

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Blood

proof

If you didn't broke legs, get bleeding and knocked out from lone zombie in his only punch you don't know what pain is like.

Thanks for the info, I've been playing DayZ a long time now and didn't even know this :rolleyes:

I hope you realize what the goal of DayZ is.

Apparently you don't.

The "Goal" of DayZ shouldn't be to frustrate people. No one wants to play a game like that.

• Like 1

Guys, I had about 9k blood and wasn't aware of that. Thank you for the reference.

Also, it's just a poll. It's a bit stupid to have something mostly harmless punch you out.

Edited by THE_BURNDOWN

The "Goal" of DayZ shouldn't be to frustrate people. No one wants to play a game like that.

rocket activley calls this "the anti-game" agruement invalid

DayZ was designed to be impossibly cruel, dark, and brutal. It was not designed as a game it was more of an experiment, I prefer the term "anti-game" - in other words the mechanics are not designed to be balanced, or offer a way out for different situations. These are things game designers normally take care with.

I discussed this with the our team members at great length of many arguments, the idea behind safe zones. The eventual consensus was that it went against the ethos of the project. This whole concept, and the reason it "works", is that there IS no safe zone (unless you make it). Your actions have real and brutal consequences. There are no game designed safety nets.

It is the kind of system/environment that will sometimes make you want to punch the computer screen. But with that kind of risk, comes great emotional reward when you carry something off. The sniper you describe - there are people like this in the world, and in the breakdown of order I can bet that there would be people who would sit on a roof and shoot people "just for the lulz".

The system makes no judgement on player actions, and this is one of the only real rules that was adopted for the development. While consequences may occur for a particular action (e.g. humanity loss), no judgement is implied or placed on that behavior. Beyond hacks, and misuse of exploits, regulating player behavior is not a scope of this project. If players, themselves, wish to group together and attempt to regulate the behavior. Well, that's entirely up to you.

This kind of activity is not for everyone. It really is more of a social experiment than a game. There is no intention to change that, if you dislike the PVP, then I would recommend playing Dynamic Zombie Sandbox or Celery's excellent Chernaus Apocalypse - there is no point in these being recreated through this mod.

Why make something that has already been done?

Just because I did not script rules, doesn't stop anyone from making their own in game.

Are people so used to games shoving rules, tasks, stories down their throats that they can't handle it when something doesn't? Or would you like a world where the players actually get to do this? Not a structured and controlled environment that is "dressed up" as post-apocalyptic?

I hear what everyone is saying, and yes - its cruel and unsporting when you get killed 10 seconds into the game. But that's what this is, it is brutal, it is cruel. This is not fair. Maybe you will hate this game. Maybe you already do. It is an unforgiving environment with no structure. It is up to you to decide what to do next.

I would rather let the project die (and maybe it will, I accept that) than take over the role of establishing rules and punishments and structure. Instead I am going to work on the world's framework. It is up to the inhabitants of that world, you guys, to decide what kind of world you want it to be.

Is this actually possible? Fuck knows. But I really want to find out, and I've got nothing at all to loose. And to be honest, neither have you because you haven't paid me a cent and I haven't been paid a single cent for any of this.

So here's the challenge - just take a moment and think about what you are asking me for, with alot of these requests. Balancing, structure, rules, protection. These are what the game industry has shoved in your face for the last twenty years. Even the game industry itself can't escape it. EVE-Online tried briefly but caved in. Why? Money. They needed subscribers.

I don't.

This is going all the way, to whatever end that is.

Redness for DayZ.

Edit; The original posts are in my signature.

Always have been, ever since they were first time written.

Edit2; Thanks for your reply. You've confirmed my stance.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

I believe DayZ needs more Mike Tyson zombies

Please no. Oh god no. Not unless my blood is 2000 or -. It is bad enough as it is! 8000 blood and they knock you. Who do these zombies think they are? MIKE TYSON?

fulltyson.jpg