Sign in to follow this  
Concise

Fiction or Nonfiction?

When you sit down to write one of your DayZ stories, are you engaged in fiction or nonfiction? My favorites read as nonfiction, journal type stories.

If they are nonfiction, how creative is the process?

(P.S. I love reading DayZ stories)

I believe that it doesn't really matter which. As long as you can create the story to be engaging and descriptive, not only to yourself, but to other readers as well, you can have a successful, enjoyable story. Whilst I prefer to mostly take a realistic approach and make it a little more flexible than DayZ is currently, your writing is exactly that; your writing. Make it how you like it, not what you think would entertain readers the most. As long as you have decent grammar, writing skills, and put passion into your literature, other readers will enjoy it as much as you do. Just my little piece of knowledge. Also, try to not get caught up in smaller details and side story lines. Keep the story as centered as possible around one main theme, plot, or objective. So, in other words, i don't really prefer either type as long as it is written well and is engaging. -dbl.

Edited by Dblxross

I tend to write comically if it is about one of my many episodes in DayZ. I use humor to cover my many blunders and stupid mistakes (rare as they are).

When I make a story up, I write more dramatically, and I don't know why. :)

My favorite stories are in game tales with a little flourish to liven up the experience. For example that thread dedicated to "Stupidest deaths". That is a good read.