Sign in to follow this  
kleutscher

DayZ 2017 v2.0 Pre-Release Open Testing!

Hey Guys!

This is the link for the new version before it goes on PlayWithSix and DayZ Commander.

If you'd like to jump on the test server. Download the latest build here:

http://opendayz.net/downloads/DayZ2017/@DayZ2017.rar

Join this server: 66.150.164.161

Port: 2302

*Note ~ This is the final testing stage so some errors may still be present and you may be asked to leave to make space for development personel. Thank You.

To install this mod, please unzip the archive into your Arma 2 OA folder.

Then you have two options:

a) Run game and under Expansions menu enable folder @DayZ2017, click OK and restart game.

B) or just run game with -mod=@DayZ2017 parameter.

c) Use a game launcher such as dayzcommander.com or play.withsix.com - expected to be on over the next 24 hours

Release Log

New Features

+ Sleep and Weight System

+ Fatigue System

+ New Vehicles (Armoured Tractors)

+ New Death Screen

+ New Survivor Spawns

+ Zombies skinned with Survivor skins

+ M16 and M4 - with flashlights

+ Single Bullet Spawns

+ Mosin 38

+ Tokarev Pistol

+ Base Building (Server side)

+ Gore

+ Revised Loot Table (More Rare Loot)

+ New Starter Gear (Flint Fire Starters)

+ Crafting (Basic Wooden Bolts currently)

- Medical Boxes

- Blood Bags

- Matchboxes

- Lee Enfield

- 45. Revolver

- Tank

- Bugs/ Errors

- Error Messages on startup (an error message will only appear if someone has spawned a crate or items that are illegal)

Known Issues

* Gyrocopters have no damage graphics and lack repair options. If you treat them harsh enough they will die, but look normal still. They will however respawn on server restart when destroyed. They can also be saved and refueled ok.

* To exit the tank, you each need to go via the drivers seat otherwise sometimes you might get injured.

* Sometimes the Bandit model complains about no value for AK_74_M/Burst value. Just ignore it and click ok.

* As with standard DayZ the female bandit defaults to the male model. We will have this fixed with a unique model next build.

Edited by kleutscher
  • Like 4

Great job i must tell. I was waiting long to see those features. Some questions are bothering me - grenades still spawn in military spawns or have been removed? I didn't play the mod for some time so i am not sure.

Do you plan in the future to implement more throwing weapons/items, like bricks, stones or knives?

Edit:just the cosmetic B)

Edited by AnotherDred

I was playing yesterday and one of my thoughts was "why single bullets can't be merged into a partially filled mag?". Maybe its a wrong place to post suggestions, but i try - why not adding to world clips that have random number of bullets in it? Player can find i.e. stanag mag with 3 bullets(or empty), and can find a bunch of single bullets than put them into clip found earlier. Like that it will be more realistic and fun.

Just want to let you guys know if you trying to update through PlayWithSix or DayZ Commander they're still on version 1.1 and not version 2.0 since I guess there still testing it. Thank you for providing the link so now I can try the newer version of 2017.

Edit:

I did what OP said but none of the 2.0 servers appeared when I launched OA, (Not through a launcher -- they do when I check on PlayWithSix but you can't update it to 2.0) anyone have any suggestions of what I need to do?

Edited by goldenrebel