Sign in to follow this  
Xianyu

Bean Bag Rounds

Holy christ. How has this not been suggested yet?

Bean Bag Rounds are deadly. They're painful as all buggery. And they'll knock on your ass so fast your eyes will wonder where your skull went.

In gaming terms, they are: Non-lethal ammunition!

So get this: bean bag rounds would be shotgun ammunition. Just like the 2 round pellets and slugs, and combinable up to 8-round for use in the other shotguns. They would do VERY little damage. Comparable to a pistol. You can use them against a zombie if you're desperate. They're capable of breaking the legs if fired into them (but then, so is a goddamn can... door... rock... bicycle... small kitten...). They're found in residential areas, to underline the fact that they're a pacification ammunition type used by police forces and not, s'far as I know, by the military.

While they don't do much blood damage, they have a very high high chance of causing a knockout that can range from 30 seconds to five minutes. The effective range of them would be 100-200 metres, with a significant 'knock out chance' dropoff starting at perhaps 150 metres. But within 100 metres, you might as well call them Mike Tyson, because you're getting knocked the f- out!

Also, a high 'bullet drop'. As in, the pellet drops a large amount in a short distance, to discourage 'sniping'. Bean bag bullets would be an ambush weapon. A weapon for the sophisticated bandit who wants to get up close, or a discouraging weapon for close-quarters use.

Then, we get new ammunition that is knock-out capable, and we have OPTIONS! No more 'omg a survivor, kill him!' you can literally say to yourself 'well shit, he's a threat.' and then pop him with these amazing new bean bag rounds and leave him on the ground for a few minutes! \o/ If your conscience still weighs heavily on you, leave him a can of beans in his backpack while he's completely defenseless!

For added flavour: A knockout-claus! When knocked out, the recipient of your pellet immediately drops whatever weapon is in his hands, on the ground! Plus whatever ammo is IN said weapon at the time. So, if the enemy is a hillsniper. He drops his AS50, and whatever magazine was loaded into the weapon at the time. So even if he is a f-ing wimp loser Alt + F4's, you still get his primary weapon!

Pre-emptively for the stupider arguments against this kind of thing: If you let someone get within 100 metres of you with a shotgun, you deserve to be DEAD. Not knocked out. Just plain DEAD. No this won't make a shotgun a 'omg overpowered knockout punch'. If you ever get knocked out by bean bag ammo, be thankful! Because the alternative is slug ammo, and it has a nasty habit of causing a mild case of death.

Logistically: A DMR holds 20 rounds. Any one of them will knock you out in one shot. It's accurate at ranged of up to 1000 metres. Except it'll kill you in two hits. Using the shotgun forgoes carrying a weapon like that. Or an AK. Or a sniper rifle of any kind. Or any other weapon that would be a hundred times more effectively and put you on the deck much faster. Face it: if you take the first bullet in a firefight, you're f-ed. Game over man. But with beanbag ammo, you stay alive!

• Like 3

I see no point in non-lethal rounds. I mean if you want a non lethal shot, just shoot em in the leg.

"The shotgun round is inaccurate over about 6 metres (20 ft) and has a maximum range of around 20 metres (70 ft)"

-Wikipedia

Good luck and have fun.

I honestly love this idea, it'll help people who want to remain heros or even thieves. You can knock em out,take their gear and run

I think the main weapon drops and broken bones are a bit OP. :P

Otherwise, support.

"Hasn't been suggested yet"

I've seen so many "rubber-bullet" threads I've lost count. And I don't know if this is just my style, but I shoot to kill. I don't kill on sight, but when I do kill, I make sure they're not coming back.

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 2

Good suggestion. I feel as though there should be more ways to knockout/drag other players around aside from shooting their legs and taking their gear.

I don't trust anyone I meet in a supermarket, but that doesn't mean I want to ruin their day and shoot them dead.

Is this a mod or SA suggestion?

Comparing the two I'd agree with the unconscious causing part for the mod.

But the SA will have a wider range of injuries to inflict, so maybe not broken legs, and instead a 'limp' injury can be sustained.

Nerf guns? Oh, okay. That could be fun for trolling, but it's not really needed.

Edited by THE_BURNDOWN

3 examples of this "never suggested before" suggestion

gaE3urR.jpg

'bean bag bullets' returns basically no results. So why don't you take your 'OMG SEARCH BAR' suggestion and shove it?

I tried the search. Returned nothing, because I wasn't searching for 'rubber' bullets. We don't call them that over here.

I tried the search. Returned nothing, because I wasn't searching for 'rubber' bullets. We don't call them that over here.
All I typed was "bean bag". It's not rocket science.

Granted, the search feature isn't great. But I guarantee you it took less time for me to find those pages than it took for you to write the OP.

Let's cut a little deal. It can apply to every member. The whole of the forum.

If you use the search feature better, I won't hassle you about it. Deal?

"The shotgun round is inaccurate over about 6 metres (20 ft) and has a maximum range of around 20 metres (70 ft)"

-Wikipedia

Good luck and have fun.

that is for pellets slugs are known to be accurate up to 100 meters

It has the word bean in the ammo. Therefore it belongs in dayz.

Edited by harley001

-Wikipedia

Good luck and have fun.

Well not in the game...honestly spraying buckshot over 100m is even better than shooting slugs at 50m.

But i'd rather get me a railgun and shoot cans of beans instead of beanbags... :P

A riot type amuntion used in guns for riots meh just shoot em in the leg but i could be wrong could be easier or a new troll weapon to just scare people

Ah look, its more options.

You might not use them, but other people might, so why not let them have fun?

End of the day you might piss your self laughing when some twat misses you with one and you open his face with a hatchet.

I agree with the earlier post, make them realistic, IE: pointless after 6 yards and a stupid idea to have loaded in your shotgun.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Edited by Never