Sign in to follow this  
Blu3 (DayZ)

Character Emblems

Before you all attack me and say that this has been posted 52,000 times, i did search and i didn't find anything. So that being said, my idea is for players who like to play in groups but can never regognize who is who, thats why i think an emblem that is on their shirt or hat or even gun would be a good way to tell who is who. After a certain amount of zombie kills or player kills, you unlock more ways to customize your emblems size, color, where you place it and etc. And if someone kills you and your friends youll be able to find the guys with the same emblems and exact revenge. Any feedback or improvements to this idea is appreciated, thanks guys.

For the last freaking time, zombie kills should not unlock things! You should be able to find or craft paint, and paint your face or clothing wherever you want right off the bat! Otherwise, good idea.

Partially I agree, but I dont like the idea of unlockables for the sake of realism in this game.

The fact that you should be able to customise your gear sounds appealing, but I dont know how hard it is to implement.

Good coordination with friends (via skype or ventrilo) should also make this easier.

In the SA there will be a lot of clothing options, so probably they will be easier to recognise then!

I just feel like there needs to be some reward for killing them or else people will just avoid them like they do now.

I just feel like there needs to be some reward for killing them or else people will just avoid them like they do now.

People should avoid them. The reward should be surviving.

• Like 1

This is a very realistic game not real life, im just saying i want more reasons for me to kill zombies. But thats besides the point, this post is about emblems, thanks for the feedback though!

The only way I can see an incentive of killing zombies is to clear out an area/potential base, but at this point there is no real motivation because they will just keep respawning. which is a huge pain in the ass when you clear out an area, then 10 seconds later there is another group of zombies walking around... and I am excited for the Standalone because this will be fixed, to where you could possibly clear out an entire town if you had the will to do so and the zombies wont re spawn instantly...

Anything in the "unlockables" department just strikes me as a game feature which would be vulnerable to XP farmers or mob-grinders.

There's no reason to add such things to DayZ.

If you WANT to kill zeds, that's the only reason you should need. No gold-star sticker, no pat on the back.

It's survival, not "high-score emblem arcade".

On-topic. IIRC in SA we're getting gang tattoos or some such thing. I can't give you a source, but I can tell you you'd be better off using the "wait and see" approach.

EDIT:

To be clear, I totally support variety and customisation. I just wouldn't like to see it implemented in the way described in the OP.

Edited by Chabowski

Armbands that display squad logos would work better than ridiculous tattoos, imo. The groups I play with occasionally have a friendly fire incident but we're pretty disciplined when it comes to taking shots. Some of the more intense moments comes from trying to ID an unknown player and I hope whatever solution Rocket and Co come up with doesn't take away from this.