leviski

So...How long until a DayZ ARMA 3 port?

I really don't see the point in an Arma 3 DayZ mod. We get the DayZ standalone in just a few months.

So having a choice is bad, eh? Having a world full of endless possibilities... who would want that, right?

So having a choice is bad, eh? Having a world full of endless possibilities... who would want that, right?

DayZ SA will be miles better than a Mod for Arma3. I'm not sure that people understand what they're really doing with the Standalone.. more than people think by this thread

DayZ SA will be miles better than a Mod for Arma3. I'm not sure that people understand what they're really doing with the Standalone.. more than people think by this thread

Miles better?

A locked-down, non-moddable game, playing on an older engine, which plays how a small team of devs envisions how it should be played... verses a mod; a concept where everyone and anyone can create and adapt to their liking?

Better huh?

Don't get me wrong; I'm all for the stand alone. But sitting back and listening others carry on as if nothing can compete with it, well, that's just preposterous. It's mods which fix / patch / enhance games when the developers haven't. It's the mods which bring communities together. It's mods which keep games alive long after their locked-down brethren have faded in to nothing more than a memory.

well i hope its not done on arma 3 but even if it is i wont be playing it on arma 3 i dont like arma 3 . movement is consoley and aiming and such is quite bad. i prefer arma 2 tbh . its just prettier.

well i hope its not done on arma 3 but even if it is i wont be playing it on arma 3 i dont like arma 3 . movement is consoley and aiming and such is quite bad. i prefer arma 2 tbh . its just prettier.

Even if you don't like ArmA 3, why would you hope a DZ mod wouldn't be ported? That doesn't sound fair; you don't like it so no one else should have it?

But, that being said, the movement seems a bit off to me, also. For me, it seems almost delayed, like how the movement in Killzone 2 was at first when released on the PS3.

movement is consoley and aiming and such is quite bad.]

Thats interesting. Every bit of feedback i've heard has put those two things as being VASTLY improved.

So far aiming yay! counts like: 884776576785858484 people. and aiming neigh! is well, just you.

• Like 1

Even if you don't like ArmA 3, why would you hope a DZ mod wouldn't be ported? That doesn't sound fair; you don't like it so no one else should have it?

But, that being said, the movement seems a bit off to me, also. For me, it seems almost delayed, like how the movement in Killzone 2 was at first when released on the PS3.

why port a mod to a engine that isnt great for dayz ? just cause it will be more prettier ? if arma 3 engine would of been good for dayz dont you think rocket would of done this ?

When people expect a DayZ port to ArmA3, they don't expect Rocket or anyone from BI to do it, the fans are well aware of the standalone.

But that doesn't prevent any other modder to do it, it might not be DayZ exactly, could be another Zombie mod that's very similar to DayZ.

There's already a zombie mod on ArmA3, give it a few weeks/months and a DayZ clone if not a fan made port of DayZ will be released.

PS: the movement and aiming is 1000x better in A3 than A2

Miles better?

A locked-down, non-moddable game, playing on an older engine, which plays how a small team of devs envisions how it should be played... verses a mod; a concept where everyone and anyone can create and adapt to their liking?

Better huh?

Don't get me wrong; I'm all for the stand alone. But sitting back and listening others carry on as if nothing can compete with it, well, that's just preposterous. It's mods which fix / patch / enhance games when the developers haven't. It's the mods which bring communities together. It's mods which keep games alive long after their locked-down brethren have faded in to nothing more than a memory.

Oh well you just have fun with all the hackers that plagued the mod because it ALLOWED modding and scripting. I hope you were not complaining like the others about this if you're all for it.

I can understand why he's not allowing modding for now. The engine has also been reworked and a new skeleton made for the models. Yeah, I'd consider the SA as the main dish and the mod for Arma3 (if ever) an appetizer.

Miles better?

Better huh?

An older engine? you really know NOTHING don't you.

it's running on a hybrid of the TOH and Arma3 engine, along with custom made elements.... it's getting a full inventory and clothing overhaul. it's getting hotkey assignments. and more stuff that the community just would not be even ever able to manage, they're doing new animations for the zombies and the players, as well as pathing fixes for zombies and a complete overhaul of the way loot and zombies are spawned.

I'm sorry but as a whole the community is just not on that level. at all.

Oh well you just have fun with all the hackers that plagued the mod because it ALLOWED modding and scripting. I hope you were not complaining like the others about this if you're all for it.

I can understand why he's not allowing modding for now. The engine has also been reworked and a new skeleton made for the models. Yeah, I'd consider the SA as the main dish and the mod for Arma3 (if ever) an appetizer.

Been playing the ArmA series for a long time, so scripters hitting DayZ was no surprise. But what's nice is when this issue does arise, admins have the power to roll back the server. These days, once you find a good server which is well-admin'em, scripters are merely an inconvenience.

Is it going to be the same when actual hackers hit the stand alone? Are the hacks going to be so obvious as the scripts currently are? Are hackers going to be quickly recognized like scripters are now?

An older engine? you really know NOTHING don't you.

it's running on a hybrid of the TOH and Arma3 engine, along with custom made elements....

No nothing? The devs started with the Take On Helicopters engine and are tweaking / expanding on it for DayZ stand alone as they see fit.

T.O.H. engine being reworked.... you're saying that qualifies it as being a brand new engine which has been built from the ground up, newer than the A3 engine?

If I do a motor swap and put a fuel injection in a '67 Mustang, does that make the '67 newer than the 2013's?

Miles better?

Better huh?

Honestly, I would take a game with vision over a game where everyone gets a say. We've had plenty of games that try to be everything to everyone.

If you're not looking for DayZ (and clearly you're not) then of course you'll prefer the highly mod'able Arma. I really don't see your point here, people are carrying on about the standalone being miles beyond a mod because frankly, it will be. BUT ONLY IF YOUR LOOKING TO PLAY DAYZ & ONLY DAYZ. Which a lot of us are. (We have Arma3 for everything else)

Edited by bad_mojo