Sign in to follow this  
failsafe

How to make this game more fun!

= Stop making it harder. Yes I understand why people want it really hard, and yes I understand it's a survival game, but there is a point where the game becomes a niche product sold to a niche selection of gamers. This game has great ambition but I feel like rocket is designing this game for the 1/10th of the population that want's it super hardcore. Like I like survival games, but how hard can one be until it stops becoming fun to play. I personally predict, for me at least, this game will become uninteresting in about 2-3 months, and that saddens me, because I really like this game.

EDIT: You know what, forget it, all I am gonna get as a response is "PUSSY BITCH GROW SOME BALLZ." It seems clear from other posts that this community is driven to make it impossible for casual gamers to enjoy this game.

You're not supposed to have fun playing DayZ. You're supposed to feel fear, anger and frustration.

That's the thing OP, there are plenty of developpers catering to the masses, not every developper has to in order to be successful.

A lot of suggestions here bring up the assumption "if you want to please a maximum of players"

But what if it's not what the devs are after? There is more than just making games for the lowest common denominator.

I don't care about this mod being successful, I just don't want to be excluded because I am not as hardcore as others. It seems unfair.

It's not unfair, if you dont feel like you can handle it being hard, get a friend or ally in-game or try a different game/mod. Not trying to sound hostile, but when a survival sim becomes a survival sim, do or die situations, worst case scenarios, and bad luck need to present themselves. Otherwise, it simply becomes a bland game.

Fun? Since when was it this games intention to be fun?

This is survival. I dont think you'd be having too much fun escaping zombies and bandits.

Whenever this "game" becomes "fun" you can translate this into it being too easy and thus another round of updates is required.

The whole point of this exercise is to create an intense, new environment, the like of which we have never seen before. An environment where finding a tin of beans brings forth unadulterated joy.

Sure it is hard, but this game is much more rewarding because of that fact. Never before has a game brought such highs and lows. You are always on the edge of your seat because of its unpredictable nature, one sniper round away from respawning again.

Remember it is in an Alpha state - it is our job to report back on bugs, gameplay problems and the like. Bugs will be fixed and more new content added - hell they just added melee weapons!

Enjoy Day Z for what it is because you wont find another game out there like it. Just try going back and playing L4D after playing Day Z - it is just utter bollocks!

I don't care about this mod being successful' date=' I just don't want to be excluded because I am not as hardcore as others. It seems unfair.

[/quote']

Though I understand what it is you're saying. It's a very enjoyable game and can be difficult at times. I know that not everyone is into that and it might exclude them and it would be unfortunate. But to say that it isn't fair is a bit much. These guys are putting sooooo much of their time into this mod that really, if they wanted to change all zombies to clown with squeak shoes (which would be funny and a bit creepy still) it's their prerogative since it's their time spent on it. The game may have cost some money, but the mod has been free so far and that is all that matters.

The only thing I can say is hang in there. At first I thought the game was hard too and died about 3 or 4 times a night. But I kept going at it and got better. It isn't something most people can jump into and expect to be awesome at. You'll find it easier as time goes on.

Let me be clear, I do not find the game un-enjoyable right now, I LOVE the game as it is right now, but I am afraid for the future. Considering I am not that hardcore, and if this game ends up like "You start with underwear and that's it, GL" Then I unfortunately won't play. However, if they keep it the way the item system works now and loot etc.. Then I will continue to play. I just don't want it to get to that point.

EDIT: I have been playing this game for a couple months, I am not new.